• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth is Playable, Here's What You Need to Know

Sephiroth_is_out.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Ver. 10.0.0 patch just dropped and Sephiroth is playable! It contains some of the content from Sakurai's Sephiroth presentation, however, Ver. 10.0.0 doesn't have everything covered in the presentation. Here's what you need to know:
  • Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Chocobo and the highly speculated Geno have all received Mii Costumes. Notably, none of them are Deluxe Mii Costumes. These are not available yet and will all release on December 22nd in Ver. 10.1.0.
  • Cloud’s Advent Children costumes will all have a new final smash in Ver. 10.1.0.
  • Sephiroth is playable right now! However, he officially releases on December 22nd. Smashers who bought the DLC will be greeted with a limited time event on the main menu, the Sephiroth Challenge. Any player that defeats Sephiroth will unlock him and his stage, Northern Cave, before his official release date.
  • Sephiroth comes with a classic mode that functions as a boss rush.
  • Sephiroth also comes with a new Spirit Board, however this is not available as of now and will be added in Ver. 10.1.0.
  • An option to toggle between selecting a song randomly or from My Music will be added to Final Destination, Battlefield, Small Battlefield and Big Battlefield in Ver. 10.1.0.
  • Oddly enough, there aren’t any announcements about balance changes. However, given that Ver. 10.1.0 is coming soon it’s likely we’ll see some balance changes there.

Author’s Note: I love that the dev team made Sephiroth a kind of boss. What a cool way to let people play him early! What do you think about this? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Hey guys, I've run into an issue.
I've bought Pass 2, and thus have bought the Sephiroth pack. However, I can't actually play the Sephiroth Challenge, just tells me to purchase either Pass 2/Sephiroth's pack on the eShop, which I already have as stated earlier.
I've contacted Nintendo support about this and they've yet to respond. I'm getting pretty annoyed at this, Seph was one of the characters throughout Smash DLC who I was looking forward to playing as. I've tried restarting the game and console (multiple times) and nothing's worked.
Am I doing something wrong? Any help?

I was wondering how they were going to bring over sephiroth into smash and then I got to thinking really hard at the breakfast table today. I moved a few equations around and maybe even utilized the chain rule a little bit followed by taking the power set of the data to bring this thought into fruition. Lots of values were carried.

Suffice to say, i think that any and all framedata for sephiroth is irrelevant because regardless of the fact of whether or not it's good or bad, they made him hot, and at the end of the day that gets a pass from me

Don't know if any of the following has been covered yet, but I'll bring it up anyway.
  • Walk Speed: 0.9
  • Traction: 0.11
  • Initial Dash: 1.92
  • Run Speed: 1.86
  • Additional Air Acceleration: 0.07
  • Base Air Acceleration: 0.01
  • Air Speed: 0.95
  • Air Friction: 0.008
  • Gravity: 0.108
  • Falling Speed: 1.84
  • Fast-Falling Speed: 2.944
  • Weight: 79 (yes, it really is that low)
When using Sephiroth in Training, he'll enter the One-Winged Angel status when you set his current damage to 65% or higher. And while I do not know the mobility multipliers for the One-Winged Angel status yet, I can confirm the following...
  • One-Winged Angel Sephiroth's walk speed is greater than 1.029, but less than 1.05.
  • One-Winged Angel Sephiroth's run speed is greater than 2.31, but less than 2.402.
  • One-Winged Angel Sephiroth's air speed is greater than 1.134, but less than 1.15.
Update: Thanks to some information from the Smash Ultimate Modding Hub, I now have the actual mobility multipliers for the One-Winged Angel status.
  • Walk Speed: 1.15x (0.9 -> 1.035)
  • Run Speed: 1.25x (1.86 -> 2.325)
  • Air Speed: 1.2x (0.95 -> 1.14)

Last edited:
curious to see what character patches they made as well
The only thing I care about now. Will Ganondorf finally get the much needed buffs he deserves?

....who am I kidding, this is 2020 after all. The way things going for me lately, They'll probably nerf The king of Evil....

I am thankful I didn't buy the pass. Much like pass one where I waited until banjo released as the first 2 characters didn't interest me. With pass 2, NONE of them so far interest me, so i'm glad I saved my money.

Can't wait for the disappointing and unimpressive balance patch to drop. (I hope I'm wrong though.)

Hey guys, I've run into an issue.
I've bought Pass 2, and thus have bought the Sephiroth pack. However, I can't actually play the Sephiroth Challenge, just tells me to purchase either Pass 2/Sephiroth's pack on the eShop, which I already have as stated earlier.
I've contacted Nintendo support about this and they've yet to respond. I'm getting pretty annoyed at this, Seph was one of the characters throughout Smash DLC who I was looking forward to playing as. I've tried restarting the game and console (multiple times) and nothing's worked.
Am I doing something wrong? Any help?
hit plus on smash bros on the home menu and make sure you’ve downloaded the update for version 10.0

I will say one thing about Sephiroth. His Classic mode route feels like the least tedious way to reach intensity 9.9, since all you really have to do is pay attention to the attacks that each boss uses.

However, you'd still have to get through the first 6 rounds without getting KO'd even once to have any chance of reaching 9.9. And even then, you'll probably need a few Tickets if you don't want the intensity to drop during the Master Hand & Crazy Hand battle.

Sephiroth is pretty fun. As an Ike main, though, I don't see myself using him for much more than novelty. Much as I love big swords, I'm much more about the close-to-mid-range offensive gameplan. Hence why my secondaries are Mario, Terry, Wolf, and Bowser.

Top Bottom