Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Ver. 10.0.0 patch just dropped and Sephiroth is playable! It contains some of the content from Sakurai's Sephiroth presentation, however, Ver. 10.0.0 doesn't have everything covered in the presentation. Here's what you need to know:
- Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Chocobo and the highly speculated Geno have all received Mii Costumes. Notably, none of them are Deluxe Mii Costumes. These are not available yet and will all release on December 22nd in Ver. 10.1.0.
- Cloud’s Advent Children costumes will all have a new final smash in Ver. 10.1.0.
- Sephiroth is playable right now! However, he officially releases on December 22nd. Smashers who bought the DLC will be greeted with a limited time event on the main menu, the Sephiroth Challenge. Any player that defeats Sephiroth will unlock him and his stage, Northern Cave, before his official release date.
- Sephiroth comes with a classic mode that functions as a boss rush.
- Sephiroth also comes with a new Spirit Board, however this is not available as of now and will be added in Ver. 10.1.0.
- An option to toggle between selecting a song randomly or from My Music will be added to Final Destination, Battlefield, Small Battlefield and Big Battlefield in Ver. 10.1.0.
- Oddly enough, there aren’t any announcements about balance changes. However, given that Ver. 10.1.0 is coming soon it’s likely we’ll see some balance changes there.
Author’s Note: I love that the dev team made Sephiroth a kind of boss. What a cool way to let people play him early! What do you think about this? Please let us know in the comments below!