• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...out of the spur of the moment, I kind of want a two day event for December's big tourny.
And Gimpyfish is probably really busy right now (so contacting him will probably be mildly difficult, at best). First with the bunch of random people asking him questions about the Brawl demo, to him having to update his Brawl Impressions Thread, combined with his regular life.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
That sounds like it would be a very good idea, as long as it doesn't negatively affect people being able to show up.

Another possible thing we could do for the December tourney, since it will most likely be the last time we will be seeing several people, would be to do something non-smash related with a large group of smashers. Last March, a group of us went to go see the movie 300, then went to IHOP to eat afterwards. Denny's seems to be the common smash restaurant in SoCal.

Buzz also suggested a "Wii (/GC/VC) party", which would be playing some of the other amazing multiplayer games that exist. Of course, combinations are possible, and since not everyone could fit in a single car, we could easily split up to do different things anyway.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I like Risk. I should also teach everyone Pirate's Dice. ^_^

Junpappy

Smash Lord
WTF BUZZ?!!? Did they change the custom avatar size limit when they changed the server?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey, do you all know Boondocks? I might be able to rent a party room or something if enough people are willing to pay for all that. It'd be really sweet, especially if we could pull a huge tourney for everyone.

If we do that though, it'd have to be December 8th. There's already an ITG tourney on the 1st of Dec.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My wife's best friend works at Boondocks. She could get us some sweet deals as well. sugarpoultry will ask her friend. ^_^

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yay connections. You can also tell them that "Tsuteto" (or if they recall the name of Tim, but you can also give my cell if you have it XD) of the UtahDDR community would have no problem speaking with them on terms of negotiations and such, as well as what would be nice to have for the tourney.

Seriously, Boondocks is awesome. There was a tournament ran for doubles on ITG, and they donated a ton of prizes.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
And Bobo. That'll turn heads. :).

I'm liking the way this is coming together... as far as a two day event is concerned, I could probably do that, too.
As far as wii/GC/VC, We should totally play sonic 3. Which I'm not entirely certin is actually on virtual console. however, I own the game (and sonic 1,2, and spinball :lol: ) and a working Sega so... yeah. Sonic goodness could attend.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hahah, so do I Bobo, so do I. Heck, I also have Sonic and Knuckles.

And the next one seems like will be the 10th... unless I'm mistaken.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm pretty much guaranteed to come in December.

Gimpyfish is on the hub pretty much every night. When you get a hold of him, Gojira, say Xsyven's coming.

He'll hop on an airplane that instant. :p

Also, you should still have a November tournament. Even though I couldn't come.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Which one would that be?
We were in a few of them.
I only saw the ones where you weren't really playing, but you were in the background, and the girls were like: "WHO ARE YOU? TOMMY AND TIMMY? LOLOLOL"

I don't know, it's been a while since I saw it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The one where the dialog was like "This is Smash Bros. T!MMY" *girls makes noise* "and this is Smash Bros. T0MMY" *girls makes more noise*. That was entertaining. But Xsyven, there were also interviews and matches of them. And I loved the T0MMY (Pikachu) vs. T!MMY (Meta Knight) match; just when T0MMY was down and was about to lose, clever play turned it around for him. It wasn't like pro Melee excitement, but it was pretty good for "only a couple of hours of playtime with the game" standards.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
If you guys can get a confirmed date soon some of Idaho could probably make it. I think it would work best if you did the 10th or 17th tho, just keep that in mind for your next tourney plz.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If you're telling him to come over to your house randomly one day, that's not going to happen. I guess you don't know, so I'm going to tell you: BattleChrist lives in Idaho!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The ACT is on December 8th and that's the last time I can take it so lets do it on the 15th.
Funny thing. I took the ACT test twice earlier this year, and both times, the test day was on the same day as a tourny day. Both times, it ended at noon, so I really had to rush to make it to the tournament in time (had to pick up Rafa both of those times, which made it even harder). Luckily, I was able to make it in time, though, but I hope no one else has to go through that.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
SoP7 Results

Singles:

1: PerfectChaos
2: Khom
3: FallenProphet
4: Dai-A
5: Laozy
5: Rafa
7: FoxTheStampede
7: Gnosis
9: Battle Christ
9: Casture
9: RagingAsian
9: Yaz
13: C!Z
13: Gojira
13: IOS
13: Kenneth
17: Buzz
17: CdBobo
17: Craztad
17: Just Action
17: OMPM
17: Rade
17: Staz
17: Stranga
25: Kevin
25: PeterParker
25: Sage
25: Xtinction

Teams:

1: PC + Rafa
2: HoneyCheeseSteak (Phil + Khom)
3: Fallen Sage (FP + Sage)
4: Smash (Yaz + Ken)
5: Gnosis + BC
5: Koopfoxalypse (FTS + Gojira)
7: C!ZBear (C!Z + Junpei)
7: Dylan Malloys (Dai-A + xtinction)
9: Hawk Meds (CdBobo + Casture)
9: Team Rocket (Stranga + IOS)
9: Wuss (Slicer + Sean)
9: Cleaveland (Staz + Kevin)
13: Just Action + Craztad
13: OMPM + Buzz
13: Tsuteto + Vahn

Low Tier:

1: PC
2: BC
3: buzz
4: Gojira
5: CREA
5: gnosis
7: FTS
7: rafa
9: castue
9: just action
9: ken eth
9: Laozy

dude nathan! hahah sad im last in singles??? well i really didnt attend the singles tournament(had to go home) i was pissed..but dont worry ill be there next time AND ill be higher on that list :D

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Please don't quote an entire results post....

I just want to know attendance for the upcoming SoP8 on Nov 10th and opinions for the date of SoP 9

Junpappy

Smash Lord
December 15th would probably work better for most people, especially considering that finals should be over by then. And count me in for the November tournament.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I'm thinking this looks good for some more of Idaho to show up so SoP 8 no for sure or anything but the talk form the last smashfest makes it sound like it could work out.

Top Bottom