• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Seizure of Power 10
Hosted by FoxTheStampede

I will be focused on running this tournament smoother this time. These have always been rules, but I'm going to be much more strict on them now. That means:

Not starting an HOUR late. If you think you will be late give me a call, so I can decide if the tournament can wait for you. Never assume you won't make it and don't bother showing up.

NO FRIENDLIES during tournament unless I say that a TV is open for friendlies, then only the TVs I specify will be open.

Do not play matches out of order. Losers bracket takes twice as long as winners bracket, so losers take full priority.

Pay attention to the bracket. Know when your match is coming up and know if someone is asking you to play your match too early.

If you don't feel like following these, then I can use a DQ to make the tournament go faster, too ;)

(Seizure of Power 7)
OMG MORE SoP! This time our special feature will be a low tier tournament. Large turnout is expected to continue, if not increased! Don't miss out or everyone will be mad at you.

(Seizure of Power 6 Intro, for historical purposes?)
I am hoping to get a bunch of the maybes who ended up not coming to SoP 5 to come to this one. We've got several of those planning on coming already. With 5 weeks unofficial and 3.5 weeks official advance notice, everyone should have enough time to get work off. That was the main excuse I heard last tournament. Fixed :)

(Seizure of Power 5 Intro, for historical purposes?)
Yes, #5. Check the tournament history in the Utah Thread for 1-4. The first one was hosted by RagingAsian.
This tournament should be relatively big (for Utah :(), with several rare players planning on showing up, several first-timers coming, and the possibility of the retired Unknownforce showing up. All of you regulars need to make sure the first-timers want to come back again and again. All of them. Failure is not an option.

Schedule
Saturday, January 19th, 2008
Warm-up: 11:30am - 1:00pm
Teams Registration: 11:30am-1:00pm
Teams Starts: 1:00pm
Break & Singles Registration: Half hour after Teams ends
Singles: After the break (approx 3:30pm)

(FTS' house)
(when looking up directions remember that Highland Dr. = 2000 E)

Entry
Singles: $5.00 entry fee
Teams: $5.00 per teammate
(no refunds after tournament starts)
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

Tournament Format
(RR pools possible into) Double Elimination Bracket
4 stock, 8min
Best 2 of 3

BYOC: Bring Your Own Controller

Additional Rules

Knock-out: Before the match set, each player may choose one stage to knock-out for the entire set.

Advanced Slob Picks: First match stage will be random. Loser chooses the next stage, then the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character.

Items: OFF

Double Blind Pick, where both players secretly choose their character, is available for the first match of every set.

Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Banned Stages: Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Venom, Big Blue, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Yoshi's Island 64, Yoshi's Island (pipes), Princess Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom I & II
(non-banned stages may be counter picked)

Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned in teams due to lag

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You may not counterpick a stage you have won at in the current set.

Team Attack: ON

Life stealing is allowed

Illegal conduct: Any use of glitches (ex. IC's freeze glitch), prolonged stall tactics (ex. Peach wall-bomb used to stall), functional controller modifications (ex. L/R trigger modifications), and wobbling are banned. Participating in any of these practices, along with any improper behavioral conduct (ex. physically distracting an opponent) will drop you from the tournament.

Host Contact Info
Nathan "FoxTheStampede"
Phone: (801) 942-1778
E-mail: lordluxun@gmail.com
MSN: Lordluxun@yahoo.com
AIM: CaoDun9

Supplies

TVs - 5 of 6
FTS (x4)
Slave1

Cubes - 4 of 6
Slave1
CdBobo (x3)

VCR's - 3 of 3-4
FTS (x3)

Power Strips - 1 of 2
Slave1

Housing

Ride Requests

Dai-A and 3 brothers (Springville - Utah County) (CdBobo)

Expected Attendance List
For Sure: (18)
CdBobo
C!Z
Crea
Dai-A + 3
Dr Jones
Double D
FoxTheStampede
Gojira
Harpuia
Slave1
St George Carpool (5)

Maybe: (16 + 0 need a ride)
BattleChrist
Buzz
Dess Nuts + cousin
Erion
Fallen Prophet
Kenneth + Yaz + McFly
Laozy
Perfect Chaos
Sage
TJ Rook
Tsuteto + friend
Zamoz
0 rideless smashers

Last edited:

laozy

Smash Journeyman
maybe you should add " Featuring Unknownforce" to the title. Maybe that'll attract some oosers. yea, so far the expected people attending should be bigger than normal. hopefully 30+ entrees. although that is very unlikely.
and icon, you better make it, or else...

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I really hope I can make it. At the very least, I'll be getting a chance to meet some of you tomorrow.

The writing program is very strange in it's procedure, and the instructor himself said that it would be impossible to predict when we finish. It could be Friday or Saturday evening, depending on numerous factors.

If I can't make it, I hope everyone has a great time.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Psh. Devin and I are going to Idaho.

As much as I'd like to come, Buzz claimed us first. Expect Devin and I sometime before Brawl's release, though. :p

Gojira

Smash Lord
Psh. Devin and I are going to Idaho.

As much as I'd like to come, Buzz claimed us first. Expect Devin and I sometime before Brawl's release, though. :p
you beg for a utah tourney then go to idaho when we do one? You even beg for a utah tourney so you can climb up the rankings and you go to idaho? tisk tisk

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
you beg for a utah tourney then go to idaho when we do one? You even beg for a utah tourney so you can climb up the rankings and you go to idaho? tisk tisk
When have I begged? You guys have Utah tournamens all the time. o_o"

I've begged for you guys to come here, but not for a long time. Plus, you'll be here next weekend.

No offense, but this is the buzz saw we're talking about here! As much as I love you and your regenerative sandwiches, I just have to say I would gladly bare that man's seed. And with that in mind, I welcome you all to my house next weekend! :D

unknownforce

Smash Lord
My chances of coming are looking good now. Would it perhaps be possible to start teams at 2PM? If not, that's cool, but I still have no idea when I'll be finished up on Saturday.

Lengeta, you sure you don't want any gas money? I really don't mind at all since your being nice enough to drive me. Perhaps I can give you a call on Saturday to let you know whats going on. Ideally, I'll be done by 12, if that time works for you.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
We need more cubes!

Unknownforce, Give me a call if you know you'll be late and we'll probably be able to wait for you.
Great. I very much appreciate that.

Edit-Opps, your cell number is listed in the first post. I guess I don't have to ask for it.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'll wait for you to show up here before I leave, Unknown, so no worries.

::EDIT::

HEY! I'm just taking UnknownForce and CdBobo, right? If anyone else down here in Provo/Orem needs a ride LET ME KNOW! PM me your address of phone number or something so I know where/how to get ya. We'll be leaving around noon, I'll check my PMs before I leave.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Update: Nobody may get here before 12:30. Getting here before 12 means you will probably be helping to set up whatever isn't set up already anyway :p

edit: changed to 12:30

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Seizure of Power 5 Results

Seizure of Power 5 Results

Singles

1: UnknownForce
2: PerfectChaos
3: FoxTheStampede
4: FallenProphet
5: Laozy
5: RagingAsian
7: Gojira
7: Khom
9: C!Z
9: Lengeta
9: Rafa
9: Stranga
13: CdBobo
13: IOS
13: Jeyt
13: Magi
17: PeterParker

Teams

1: Doc Brothers (UnknownForce + CdBobo)
2: PerfectChaos (PC + Rafa)
3: Junpei sucks (AgingRasian + C!Z)
4: We Love White Girls (Laozy + Khom)
5: koopfoxalypse (FTS + Gojira)
5: Stallinator
7: Double Duo
7: I R SMRT

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Lol. Who the hell is Aging Rasian? What is a "rasian" anyways?

Anyways, fun tournament. Started later than I thought it would so I missed the finals. Unknown Force, very much fun playing against you. I've never seen anyone who plays so many characters at that level of proficiency like you do.

Bobo - you have gotten a lot better but you still suxx0rz :chuckle:. You need to come to more tournaments.

Zack - No Zacks.

And if anyone was wondering, here are the actual top 3 doubles teams:

3: No Zacks (Raging Asian + C!Z)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Excellent tournament in every way possible! Should I make my shoutouts here, or will there be a post in the tournaments result section?

I'll have shoutouts for practially everyone. I'll stand by what I said before and say that every Utah smasher I met was awesome.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Teams

3: Junpei sucks (AgingRasian + C!Z)
4: We Love White Girls (Laozy + Khom)
5: koopfoxalypse (FTS + Gojira)
5: Stallinator
7: Double Duo
7: I R SMRT
Hahahahahahaha.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
dang, the tournament was fun, but i got screwed in brackets. i fought unknown 1st in teams and 2nd in singles. dang he's good. i hope we play again sometime.

everyone else..ehh u guys are cool. especially you bobo. you're good, you got screwed worst than i did in brackets. ouch...

ps. i thought the brackets was poorly seeded.

Gojira

Smash Lord
dang, the tournament was fun, but i got screwed in brackets. i fought unknown 1st in teams and 2nd in singles. dang he's good. i hope we play again sometime.

everyone else..ehh u guys are cool. especially you bobo. you're good, you got screwed worst than i did in brackets. ouch...

ps. i thought the brackets was poorly seeded.
So says the guy who argued with me about putting the winner of the 2 lowest seeds vs 1st seed (UnknownForce) in a 17-man bracket.... Lol.

I seeded well enough for the situation presented to me. I guarantee you would not have seeded even close to as well. There weren't many low seeds to go around, and unknownforce had 2 of them. Most of the "unfair" matchups would have turned out exactly the same against any other reasonable-seed opponent. Obviously, there were also some "surprise" victories for some matchups, and the power rankings are no longer accurate, btw.

~FoxTheStampede

Log out next time, Zack -_-

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I believe those "surprise" match ups FTS is referring to are the matches of Nasty Northern Utah's better-than-Xsyven Ice Climbers player. :laugh:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I believe those "surprise" match ups FTS is referring to are the matches of Nasty Northern Utah's better-than-Xsyven Ice Climbers player. :laugh:
Are you sure they're better than Xsyven, or are all Ice Climbers just better than you? :laugh:

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Are you sure they're better than Xsyven, or are all Ice Climbers just better than you? :laugh:
I believe I just got owned..:(

If you make it to the september tournament, I will return the favor.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hahahahaha.

I told people in Kansas that I'm visiting them next. And I'm fighting Nasties this weekend. So they'll be my fix for a while.

If for some reason I get stuck in SLC, I'll give you guys a call though!

Gojira

Smash Lord
Good tourney.

It was a good tourney and im looking forward to the next one.

My next mission is Operation take OUT PHIL(IN SMASH)

Blue peach...were you the smasher in the stiped shirt? I probably creeped you out by saying stripped.

Oh and C!Z. I thought i would bring this up. Your attitude during and after our set was 100% unacceptable. Before we even played I looked at you as i always did, as a respected and nice smasher in this community. However, your attitude towards me and nate (for him telling me once to hang on the ledge) was just atrocious. Im sure you dont care but, I have lost alot of respect for you because of your attitd and da dings o said. You have no excuse for acting the way you did.

BTW your comment on nates bracket "I didnt see you having a hard bracket" nate is second best in utah=he gets much lower seeds before you do. So yes he did have an easier bracket because he has earned it, much like you must earn it.

Also keep this in mind. In the future power rankings i will not let your attitude get in the way of the rankings like you thought it did last time even thoughh this time I NOW have negative feelings towards you.

P.S. Get a new controller.

also m omps kboad is goign o87 so i am missing som dings

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Blue peach...were you the smasher in the stiped shirt? I probably creeped you out by saying stripped.
ROFL Now you're missing a letter...but yeah, you didn't really had to correct your mistake, as RagingAsian had already pointed it out and I have actually typed out the corrected word, so it was obvious that it was one of those "laggy keyboard" typos of yours (which occurred again as you tried to correct it). :p

And as for the tough bracket placings: there wasn't any way around it; A LOT of the Utah players (esspecially the regular attendees) are getting much better (and it's no coincidence that the regular attendees are getting much better), and with unknownforce put into the mix, it's impossible for anyone to avoid a hard match up in the first two or three rounds.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I suck. I blame all of you though, it's your fault. Your not good enough at getting me to more Smashing events, and forcing me to become better. No more tech practice with comps for me from now on.

I love having new players. Shout-out to all the non-regular attendees, you guys rock, and your probably the only reason females were present. Keep it up, first tournaments are really hard because there's all sorts of crazy play-styles you've never seen, and your used to the way you and your friends play. Hope we see more of ya's, even though none of you are probably reading this.

Unknown, you rock, and your too good. Looking back, I wish I would have tried a Falco ditto with you to see how badly you'd pwn me, and for some pointers. Oh well, that has nothing to do with you or how much you rock.

Khom, h8. Your going down next time, I'm sick of 9th at tournies. Much loves though, non-homo loves I mean.

Ice-climer-guy-whos-name-I-already-forgot, holywhatthehey?!?! Where did you, and that, and yeah, your too good. I must know the source of your magical skill from nowhere.

No shout-outs to the rest of you, your all keeping me off the Power Ranks.

Top Bottom