• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik & Linguini Presents: Brawl Bash! 3/22/08 Pot Size>$500!!!

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
God why do you HAVE to be so annoying esam, shut up idiot

Edit to Oriel
Where do you live? If you live closer to west palm, alot of us up here play that used to play melee, at a place called Nexus where I work (I live in fort lauderdale tho) one of my good buddies up here mains pokemon trainer assuming thats your main, Im sure hed be more then happy to give you some pointers if you were ever up this way.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Did anyone record any matches? I was thinking about going to this but I was really sick this morning thanks to my girlfriend and her sore throat spreading ***....

Oh well.. Maybe next time..

Equi

Smash Ace
good ****. i enjoyed the tournament and i felt like i improved, so it was well worth it.

i'll do shout outs later

OrieL

Smash Cadet
God why do you HAVE to be so annoying esam, shut up idiot

Edit to Oriel
Where do you live? If you live closer to west palm, alot of us up here play that used to play melee, at a place called Nexus where I work (I live in fort lauderdale tho) one of my good buddies up here mains pokemon trainer assuming thats your main, Im sure hed be more then happy to give you some pointers if you were ever up this way.
I live in Miami Gardens.

and, Even though it's far i'd stop by once in a while.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Theres always about 4-6 of us up here playing almost every night, I know alot of smasher in the miami to fort lauderdale area where I live, if you are serious about getting better it only happens by playing on a regular basis with people above your skill level,

OrieL

Smash Cadet
Theres always about 4-6 of us up here playing almost every night, I know alot of smasher in the miami to fort lauderdale area where I live, if you are serious about getting better it only happens by playing on a regular basis with people above your skill level,

what's the address?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
801 N. Congress Ave #604
Boynton Beach, FL 33426

It would be a bit of a drive for you, its about a 25 min drive taking 95 for me when I have to come in to work, and I only live in Ft Lauderdale.

But if you ever want to come by or anything or have questions hit me up on aim (screen name is xx slynkee xx) also have msn if you dont use aim

OrieL

Smash Cadet
801 N. Congress Ave #604
Boynton Beach, FL 33426

It would be a bit of a drive for you, its about a 25 min drive taking 95 for me when I have to come in to work, and I only live in Ft Lauderdale.

But if you ever want to come by or anything or have questions hit me up on aim (screen name is xx slynkee xx) also have msn if you dont use aim
woah that's an hour drive. :o that's too far.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Hell ya FIU for teh win.

FIU took first in both singles and doubles. Tooook that ****.

Shoutouts:
ESAM-I'm not gonna lie. Like on the 3rd match, after the Pikachu matches, I figured it was gonna be a pretty easy ticket into the grand finals but you made me work for it for sure. Both of us with 2 wins, last stock, 150%+ and I get the grab, d-throw. I keep on thinking what woulda happened if you had gone Samus earlier. I swear she's a Lucas counterpick. Its too bad we couldn't see each other in grand finals for an epic rematch.
Icekid-Fun match, you totally called us meeting at the grand finals after our first match. Overall it was fun. Totally thought you were sandbagging in the friendlies before the tourny though :(. Just glad we had some good sets in the end.
Seibrik-One of the few people who believed I could win from the start, good man ^^ Also, thanks for the stage advice against Icekid.
Tommy-Man, I really thought you were gonna knock me into losers. I was at like 140 and you were at 90 and you die first XD. Sooo close.
Linguini- I still owe you a match, sorry we couldn't do it there. Get online already so we can play each other!
Will-GGs, don't forget to play me online.
Eddy-Thanks for the olimar practice.
Danny-Thanks for the tip on banning Corneria, Icekid woulda probably owned me there.
Charlie-For still being able to own me after I won grand finals lol. We never got to finish the last match of the set. both of us were at 2 stocks and 0%.
Chops-I wanna play your snake!
NickR-I didn't get to play you at all in the tourny. I just really like writing your name.
Sorry if there's someone I forgot.

Was real fun and can't wait for the matches to be up, especially that 10 minute pause between me and Esam's matches when I tried to figure out where to counterpick that *****, Samus

EDIT: Btw Queen, Charlie (Chaz) and Danny took 1st place in teams. FIU!

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL dguy and Vijn took em and chops out twice realllly close, good stuff guyz.
Well today was alot of fun although i would have liked to get higher than 7th and its gay i had to play chops as always.I learned alot overall about this new game but i gotta get online, from now on im going all marth.
BTW there was 50 people in the bracket! biggest sfl tourney in a long time!! Galeon took home a whopping $400!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Im gonna update everythin real soon, got brackets for both doubles and singles, finals matches recorded, along with other goodies...

all will be updated throughout the week so keep on eye on it.

and esam, u didn't beat anyone too significant in this one tourny to be considered for power rankings yet, hold ur horsies

I say honorable mentions go to Galeon, Ice kid and Danny for decently hard brackets

just IMO

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
yea I just stareted using snake and did well for using snake less than 1 day of training lol I dindt eben use airiels in this tounrey untill linguini showed me how useful the bair is for alot of situations you know. but yea I learned snake better after this tourney just gotta get into the habit of doing it now

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
my shoutouts are to the 2 people who knocked me out. equi, i thought i had u for sure. then u pulled out the wolf. it was close the second round. but it was all u the third. good matches. dam u and ur spacing wolf. and tommy. that was a close freakin match in the end man. down to the wire. 1 stock each. 90 to like 100. i dont remember. it was like another galeon match for u i assume. anyways, u got a good falco there. anyways, good matches everyone. esam, im sure next time we team we'll win. team ego... anyways fun tourny. i think thats just about it.

i just now realized how many times i said anyways...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Slynkee, if you were there....when you watch the matches, if you area true samus fan, you will feel what i felt....trust me. *sigh* i still hate down throws....
Galeon, you still don't count as an FIU person, you played before you went into college. But...whatever.FIU is the best crew in SFL now i guess...depends on where seibrik goes. Perhaps a fusion of some sort? FIU Breakdown? (lol)

Equi

Smash Ace
Shout-outs:

Seibrik: Good seeing you again. Well run tourney. And I'm going to get revenge on your kirby, just you wait. Because I learned some god **** "epic advice" I wish I knew three years ago
ESAM: Trickiest. Pikachu. Evar. Ironic that you and Seibrik were the ones that knocked me out. Thunder edgeguard for the win. Very creative I was impressed. But I'll get you back too. :p
Chops: Good smashtalk. And thank you for correcting my game. How the hell could I play this game for three years blindfolded and not know to simply look at your opponent. lmao talk about a revelation
Gringo: Man if I hadn't switched to Wolf you woulda had me. Close matches overall and I enjoyed it. Really had to space out and think hard against you and switch up my game after losing first match. Keep it up.
Linguini: Didn't play you throughout tournament but good friendlies afterwads
Nicky: Holy crap. I nearly had a heart attack in our matches LOL. Like wtf that **** should have been on video. It literally came down to the last hit with your meta knight and i had no answer for your tornado spam. good thing meta knight isn't a "finisher character" or i would have been a goner
Vijin: Solid friendlies. I forgot who you played though
Spider Sense: Same thing to you with LambChops. Thanks for advice and teaching me to "calm my game" and observe. Slow it down, etc and don't act frantic and crazy like I usually do. Guess what? It works. =P You're pretty chill.
Jinjo: Teams partner/NH bud. You shined in teams today and I didn't show up cuz i was probably too focused on singles. We both learned a **** load and the food was so good afterwards cuz i was smash hungry.
OrieL: I only played you for a bit and i know you feel a bit overwhelmed and pwned maybe from the tourney scene. But I gotta tell you, I don't go to many tournies either but it really is experience and learning. You just gotta keep playing better people and watch some pro videos man to get an idea of the game and the system. It really is a learned idea, you just don't play smash and have this **** in your genetics unless you're like, Ken. Don't give up and keep striving.
Nick Riddle: Good seeing you again and your flying Bowser is teh scariez. Bowser is so badass now he doesn't even have to touch the ground. The koopa rockorz now lmao
Loli: Din's Fire

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Im just gonna do a few shoutouts, thos who i dont mention, thanks for comming.

Seibrik-.... Awesome
Galeon!!!- Team Work for life!!! Those were mad good teams matches, we just have to work on you not dieing so much so im not forced to go super kirby and take two people on at once! Good **** on winnin singles, knew u could do it. You and me are gonna take each tourny in the area for months to come! Hooray pot split.
Danny- FIU FTW? holy crap, I just wanna beat u... just one set... please? It'd be nice... I will learn pit eventually! Maybe I just have to take ur power, and not attempt to wen im over 150 >_> Wa? No noooooo. -smack- Good **** tho, u had a monster bracket, I dont think u could have had it harder if i rigged it that way lol
Charlie-u've gotten too good, maybe I'll come by fiu NOT on tuesdays and thursdays, and if i do, u'll be sure to see me round the BK sometime.
Chops- owned? get better vs characters plz, i miss seeing ur name in top 2. not rly... lol
Linguini- We'll get up there in time, u just need to actually play this game more now :p
Esam- Be quiet... Grabs are grabs are grabs are grabs. They don't change. If your playin vs a character u know has a strong d-throw, dont get grabbed at 150, as simple as that, duhhhhhh. Stick to samus, excell, propel, win.
NickRiddle- did u own? DID U? eat my hammers for breakfast lol loved those matches though, im sure u'll get ur revenge in a couple days...
EQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII- good seeing u man! u must come to MORE sfl tournies! and own my face in with ur newly found observational skills Enjoy them while they OWN
IceKid- Well, III didn't get the chance to beat u, but my team mate did, so I did... through spirit. :p Good matches that I saw, and we will continue to own each other with 2 stocks wenever we play. God forbid we ever ACTUALLY meet in the finals. I wouldn't want to be the crowd watching those matches.

That'll be it for now. I edited the first post with some good information toward the bottom like results and brackets and such.

Keep lookin for more information each day. I will be updating more and more as time passes.

Thanks for commin, hope to have another again sometime soon.

PEACE

spider_sense

Smash Champion
BCC needs to take FIU down coming next tourny, I prolly won't be coming to brawl tournaments anymore. I need to save up for a summer trip. I'll try to play you guys online once I get a wii.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
No we wanted to as well, but u guys had no money to put up, and we were starving, so it didn't seem worth stickin around for :p

Maybe another time, wen u guys come more prepared

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Slynkee, if you were there....when you watch the matches, if you area true samus fan, you will feel what i felt....trust me. *sigh* i still hate down throws....
Me liking Samus or any character has nothing to do with you constantly being an annoying idiot.

Top Bottom