• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries for Diddy Mainers

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
my seconday is Ic. I thought i would create this thread to get a good idea of who subs who and what for?
i want to create a poll and eventually post it up to show who usually subs who because of their match up or.......

anyway. post up your secondaries xD

ADHD

Smash Hero
my seconday is Ic. I thought i would create this thread to get a good idea of who subs who and what for?
i want to create a poll and eventually post it up to show who usually subs who because of their match up or.......

anyway. post up your secondaries xD
He doesn't need one, but if you need a cp for brinstar/rainbow cruise just go metaknight.

Luigi player

Smash Master
My secondaries are DK and Ness.

Ness is good for RC and DK for Brinstar, but I noticed Diddy is really good on RC though o.O

I just play all the characters I like. If I can't win with Diddy (or the matchup is really hard), I just switch to DK, Ness, or maybe even Sonic and Luigi, because those are all the characters I love <3

^^

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
DK and Sonic for me.

I mained Sonic originally, picked up DK cause I wanted to know what getting the kill was like, :p, and than I found Diddy. And I love Diddy. Cause he's Diddy.

Oddly enough, I find Sonic does well, for me at least, against Falco.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Pick sombody that counters Falco. Because Falco counters you.
Diddy does well against falco if you know what you're doing its almost even. Just don't get grabbed and avoid the lasers, but easier said than done. Btw nobody counters a good falco player. Kirby, luigi, and marth are basically the worst and always will be because what they are good at when fighting diddy you can't counter.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy does well against falco if you know what you're doing its almost even. Just don't get grabbed and avoid the lasers, but easier said than done. Btw nobody counters a good falco player. Kirby, luigi, and marth are basically the worst and always will be because what they are good at when fighting diddy you can't counter.
Diddy does NOT do well against Falco. You can play well against Falco, you can play smartly against Falco, you can 3 stock Falco, but that doesn't mean Diddy, as in the character Diddy not you, is good against Falco. If you can't win with your main and you CP with MK, your a scrub IMO.

I secondary PT, Link, Mario, and Sheik just because I enjoy playing them as well as Diddy.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wouldn't G&W be good against Falco. And the part I fear most about falco is the reflector. Your banana's are usless.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Wouldn't G&W be good against Falco. And the part I fear most about falco is the reflector. Your banana's are usless.
The reflector can be overcome, you sort of want him to use it because then you can punish him and you don't have to worry about it for that little time. If he spams it he's an idiot just side b kick him in the face. Pluck the bananas between the lasers, and you want to grab him alot because you need to control the stage to win. I two stocked keitaro on yoshi's island and I came even with him on smashville. Falco's best killer against diddys is his chaingrab so you just can't get grabbed at all until you're at 40. GnW is a sort of way out, but falco doesn't do that bad against GnW's really. My worst fear is a kirbeh >_<

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The reflector can be overcome, you sort of want him to use it because then you can punish him and you don't have to worry about it for that little time. If he spams it he's an idiot just side b kick him in the face. Pluck the bananas between the lasers, and you want to grab him alot because you need to control the stage to win. I two stocked keitaro on yoshi's island and I came even with him on smashville. Falco's best killer against diddys is his chaingrab so you just can't get grabbed at all until you're at 40. GnW is a sort of way out, but falco doesn't do that bad against GnW's really. My worst fear is a kirbeh >_<
I think G&W would do good against Falco. The b down stop's lazers, b air out prioritizes a lot of Falco's Moves. And falco's recovery < G&W's recovery. Plus G&W can stop Falco's over b from the ledge.

If I had to fight a Falco I would pick G&W over Diddy.

DUB

Smash Lord
MK- for obvious reasons
IC- Advantage on Falco/DDD
G&W- Advantage on Falco/Olimar
Kirby- Advantage on Falco/Olimar

Probably the most plausible secondaries for Diddy. However I play Snake. :chuckle:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Every one of diddy's matchups is no worse than 40-60 against him once you learn to handle the matchup, and the best secondary is a character who does well on brinstar/RC/japes and etc. Mk is probably the best option.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Every one of diddy's matchups is no worse than 40-60 against him once you learn to handle the matchup, and the best secondary is a character who does well on brinstar/RC/japes and etc. Mk is probably the best option.
You can have a Link player who does exceptionally well against MK players, and the match-up isn't going to change. I enjoy playing on all 3 of those stages, my worst stage, even out of counterpicks, is probably Smashville.

fZk

Smash Lord
My secondary is G&W, which I find does really well in my worst Diddy satges (RC, Norfair and Yoshi Story). I also enjoy playing ZSS. I just play who I like.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
DK is a beast on Brinstar and Japes. And diddy doesn't do that bad on RC. In fact I almost beat a kirby on RC when they Cp'd it. I was up by 40% last stock they had 100 I had 60, but they daired my UP B as the stage was scrolling up.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I usually don't use a CP but I had to against a pretty good Luigi the other day. I couldn't banana combo him at all because of his low traction and close up he was just better. I didn't have any stage control or anything, it was awful. I was able to beat him though by CPing Snake and 2 stocking him.

DUB

Smash Lord
G&W is the best 2nd for Diddy. Covers bad matchups + bad stages. If you don't feel like using MK, then go G&W.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
funny you say that. After only using Diddy for many months, I started messing around with G&W about a month ago. And just recently I been working on MK cause well... hes MK, and also if any *** wants to take me to RC. So I guess I second MK and G&W now. But my diddy game is lightyears ahead of my other character's game so I mainly just trust him when I'm in serious mode.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
i secondary rob well atleast i want 2 im working on him now so that he can be a strong secondary. but i did second dk for a bit but he had just as much trouble with falco i was like bumb DK and chose ROB

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
My secondary is peach my 3rdary is pika and my cuatrodary is zss!!!

Peach is a good secondary as she is good against olimar.

However all my chars get ***** by falco.

TreK

Is "that guy"
The fact that i play 21 characters may be weird, the fact that EVERY ONE OF THEM gets ***** by DDDs, GaWs anf flacos is weirder. Duh.
I may start to play GaW, if he's that good.

ADHD

Smash Hero
DK is a beast on Brinstar and Japes. And diddy doesn't do that bad on RC. In fact I almost beat a kirby on RC when they Cp'd it. I was up by 40% last stock they had 100 I had 60, but they daired my UP B as the stage was scrolling up.
I love RC, but that pendelum ALWAYS gets me, I always get pushed off or something, and try to up b back onto it and then the blocks hit me straight down at an angle into the KO zone. It sucks because I'm always at a lead when it happens. Marth and kirby are the worst, marth is easier than kirby for some reason though. Its just kirby doesn't give you any clear options to respond offensively, he just pressures you and then you make mistakes and he punishes you.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok I fought a Falco against my Diddy and I lost. His reflector reflects your banana when you throw it BEHIND HIM. So I countered with G&W, beat him. Then I was in a pickle because he got the counterpick on me next round and I had to stay G&W so he beat me with DK. All that is said I can't afford to lose to falco the first round.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ok I fought a Falco against my Diddy and I lost. His reflector reflects your banana when you throw it BEHIND HIM. So I countered with G&W, beat him. Then I was in a pickle because he got the counterpick on me next round and I had to stay G&W so he beat me with DK. All that is said I can't afford to lose to falco the first round.
What stage did he take your gnw to? And yeah the reflector covers his entire body. Just bait it out and side b kick him. Once you get a trip just go super aggressive until he has control again.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
What stage did he take your gnw to? And yeah the reflector covers his entire body. Just bait it out and side b kick him. Once you get a trip just go super aggressive until he has control again.
He took my G&W to BF. His DK edge gaurded me and kept hitting me with b airs and it felt like I couldn't do anything. If I had gone Diddy his falco would have beat me up again.

ADHD

Smash Hero
He took my G&W to BF. His DK edge gaurded me and kept hitting me with b airs and it felt like I couldn't do anything. If I had gone Diddy his falco would have beat me up again.
idk, falcos dont give me too much trouble but we don't have an sk92 around here

DUB

Smash Lord
He took my G&W to BF. His DK edge guarded me and kept hitting me with b airs and it felt like I couldn't do anything. If I had gone Diddy his falco would have beat me up again.
Play the falco matchup more. Once you get an understanding for it, it becomes less menacing. As for the DK, I'm pretty sure G&W and DK go pretty even and i don't know how the matchup between those two would be played.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I love RC, but that pendelum ALWAYS gets me, I always get pushed off or something, and try to up b back onto it and then the blocks hit me straight down at an angle into the KO zone. It sucks because I'm always at a lead when it happens. Marth and kirby are the worst, marth is easier than kirby for some reason though. Its just kirby doesn't give you any clear options to respond offensively, he just pressures you and then you make mistakes and he punishes you.
I <3 the pendulum. The worst place for me is the spot right after it. The place with that wall, a platform above it, and two other pltforms near it right before the major side scrolling to the right. I know you're suppose to camp the wall with your opponent behind you, but camping is completely against my playstyle and it feels awkward doing it. This is the time where I lose my momentum and my opponent starts to gain it until I get back to the ship.

The coolest thing I did on this stage was when the ship was 'crashing and sinking', I put a banana on the stage where the ship crashes into and my opponent slipped on it and I Dsmashed him into the ship and stage spiked him =D.

IDK

Smash Lord
main: Diddy
Second: Marth
Third: Snake/ROB
My MK is actually good, but I have morals and only use him against MK if my diddy has trouble...
(I can also be kind of decent with anyone else, except GnW.

Top Bottom