• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
There's a good chance I'll be coming to this, depending on whether or not my buddy flakes cos I don't want to make the drive alone, it's looong.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Monty: Are you actually making this? Coz I remember this conversation from the London ranbats - I still miss my wiimote... If only there were any games on the wii that I actually wanted to play atm.

J03

Smash Master
Swissy lad, you the ganon dude? if so you best not flake, if not then come too lol. if your from the brighton/reading area then i know a few smashers who would probs love a carpool, aka Craiigg and Jam (dont think Jam is coming =/ BUT IF HE READS THIS THEN HE BLATANTLY SHOULD COME!!) and if you wanna fill a car then just post your starting location and see if anyone takes an interest =)

Robby, i am actually really gutted you cant come, i truly respect your attendance record and hope to see/play you at the next possible time ^_^.

Monty, good to hear!

Ben, i know the feeling, i had the same problem in reverse =/. cheap travel from that far away is tough as hell >_<. your options are either via london on a cheap funfare (ask charles about them) OR via car. now i heard swissy is driving so perhaps that may be of use to you =).

Z, haha 5am you lil ****er! no problem with me lol, just gotta clear it with will. btw if your arriving in manchester at that time then you can crash at my new manchester pad and we'll go to the tourney in the morn.

Charles, can i ask who you have booked for and a rough idea of who is likely to attend, just your opinion/educated guess, you wont be held accountable xD

Thanks you everyone for responding very well to the Bump, will/coey has been my sparring partner for years so i really wanna help make this a success... so he hosts more =P

Like i said, net access is slim for me, so if you need any help at all then feel free to text me on 07816380025, just plox tell me who you are if we dont know each other well =).

Love Joe

xxx

Kone

Smash Master
joe - Z was talking about coming to mine at the end of the month, not manchester. Paul the times are fine, ill just get up early and drop you guys off. Go ahead and book and let meknow when you have :). What time are you likely to arrive thursday or friday? and can you make it afternoon i.e. after 5 if possible.

I spoke to jam and he wanted to come to this. Think it depends on craig going as i wont be but then again who knows.

Robby- was down in brighton last week mate and loved it. Me and kate thinking of moving down there ^_^

VA

Smash Hero
Brighton is ridiculously sick. Jam told me you came down, shame I didn't get to see you. move now.

what's the deal with weekend before tournament etc?

Kone

Smash Master
whos the weekend before the tournament comment directed at? Kates already got a job lined up up here doing maternity cover for two months. After that we will be looking into moving down. So, be like after easter next year. Still, we're pretty much focused on it.

Going to be down in august if u want to meet up. Wouldve let you know i was down but my close mates laura and neil just moved there and we were wanting to spend time with them proper like. Be more relaxed next time.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Joe, I'm the Ganon :ganondorf: player (who nearly beat you :p). I've improved a little bit now, looking forward to seeing how I place in this.

If I'm driving, it'll be from Leicester cos I'll be staying at my mates house. He was the Marth / falco player who came with me to Osplay and GGT. I'll probably come up saturday morning and will need accommodation on Saturday night, I'm assuming this is fine Will?

If anyone is coming from Leicester, I will have spare seats if I'm driving. I'll confirm that as soon as I can, but it depends on whether I can take my sisters or parents car cos mine failed it's MOT :confused:

VA

Smash Hero
I'm back in devon for the whole summer. No worries I went to a party on the saturday and didn't sleep until 7-8am. Then I woke up at 12 and felt worse than I knew was possible, probably the closest to death you can be.

The weekend before was directed at whoever is doing something the weekend before. joe said something about will doing something but I don't know what's what.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah Joe, I'm the Ganon :ganondorf: player (who nearly beat you :p). I've improved a little bit now, looking forward to seeing how I place in this.

If I'm driving, it'll be from Leicester cos I'll be staying at my mates house. He was the Marth / falco player who came with me to Osplay and GGT. I'll probably come up saturday morning and will need accommodation on Saturday night, I'm assuming this is fine Will?

If anyone is coming from Leicester, I will have spare seats if I'm driving. I'll confirm that as soon as I can, but it depends on whether I can take my sisters or parents car cos mine failed it's MOT :confused:
urgay, joe ***** you last time you played I'm pretty sure.

reply to my text pls.

Also let's just clear something up ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Me, Swizzy and Beast are all from Totnes in Devon. Swizzy goes to uni near Leicester and I go to uni in Brighton. I lived in Reading for a year but I'll never live there again. Swizzy and I will return to Devon for summer, Beast is moving to Brighton in September and there are the locations of all the Devon players finally established (until further notice). No one has the right to **** up on this again ;)

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
urgay, joe ***** you last time you played I'm pretty sure.
Each game went to last stock, he won 2-1. No Johns, he outplayed me, but it wasn't ****.

Also let's just clear something up ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Me, Swizzy and Beast are all from Totnes in Devon. Swizzy goes to uni near Leicester and I go to uni in Brighton. I lived in Reading for a year but I'll never live there again. Swizzy and I will return to Devon for summer, Beast is moving to Brighton in September and there are the locations of all the Devon players finally established (until further notice). No one has the right to **** up on this again ;)
I can see why people get confused now :p

craiigg

Smash Lord
trying to sort ish out for this this week. gona ring up jam and convince him too but idk he's flakey so we'll see

will do my best joe/will =D <3

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
lol urface. i don't know anyone else in devon so i'd be happy enough for you to **** me. haven't seen you for aaaages anyway. don't have my own car but can probably get a lift over to totnes or to kingsbridge and then get a bus from there. just let me know when you're up for it tbh, am pretty much free 24/7.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

Swizzy, if it's possible then I could use a lift? If you're ok with stopping at Southampton

Is there anyone else from the south thats going by car I could perhapps get a lift with? don't want to miss this :(

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Sorry BB, gonna be leaving from Leicester cos I'll be at a friends house. Tickets should be pretty cheap from Southampton if you go via London.

monty06

Smash Ace
Monty: Are you actually making this? Coz I remember this conversation from the London ranbats - I still miss my wiimote... If only there were any games on the wii that I actually wanted to play atm.

yeah i had to work a 16hour shift and couldnt make it but i am making this

J03

Smash Master
Ed- managed to get my *** down to the library so i got limited access to internet, would really prefer to be contacted by phone coz its always with me mate =).

Will cant make it this weekend coz hes moving very soon himself. However ive talked to the man from france and hes all set to come, hes a good laugh like and will fit right in im sure of it mate ^_^. so is Z and Dmans set to be coming to yours this weekend?

Also Criagy baby, you coming to eds? If Jam cant make it then you should come regardless, been too long since we smoked it up ^_^.

ALSO Koop might be coming Ed lol, its mad short notice so i dunno if itll work out, but theres always that chance.

Lastly, what do i need to bring in terms of sleeping shiz?

Basically whose coming to eds .___. i'll be online tomorrow bout midday to check for relevant posts and ish.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Ed turns out I cant make it Im afraid, had a job interview yesterday and they want me to start Saturday basically. As much as good times prevail I think getting out of my current situation is a priority lol, even if it means going from poor job to less poor job :confused: . Sorry guys, will def see you next time.

J03

Smash Master
aye you will Z, not going wills coz your going eds is off the table now xD

see you on the 18th?

ALSO would anyone who cannot make the tourney but wants to play smash can come up o the 11th (weekend before). im dissapointed with the lack of booking and such, whats the final figure????

if i was will id have called it off by now because basically you guys dont deserve a tourney lol.
obv its bad times with money and timing so why arent the region reps doing anything to try and establish the best time to run tourneys so this doesnt happen.

Ive said multiple times that region reps ARE MOTHER F***ING responsible for their regions, its not even hard AT ALL. a list of numbers, a few texts here and there, its called cimmunication and its how you meet smashers and make friends.

Obviously some fault lies with will, his inabilty to have consistant internet access, the fact that there has been almost no advertisment for it is appauling so to an extent its understandable why theres no chatter or buzz about it. hell how many people are coming?

Aiko, can you contact every smasher you know by name and try to push for last minute bookings before tickets get expensive.

Zeppo, same for you but with the scotts, the veterans to the newbies.

Charles, i know you have already booked for a few people but could you do the same and find out f there are a few people who want to come but need a hand in whatever way?

i feel like im repeating myself and its no wonder the UK melee scene is failing, as smashers the scene consists (funilly enough) OF SMASHERS, which means each individual in responsible for it, not that most of you guys give two flying ****es, if im wrong prove me wrong lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly id like to say that i hope this tournament doesnt hold the end of BRITISH smash, i cant remember the last tourney i went to when there wasnt at least people from 2 seperate countries (england and scotland). So even if this tourney is a disaster ill prolly look into co-hosting a tourney with Coey in the near future when we both can have much more input into it on a daily bases.

And if you feel your region rep doesnt do enough for your region then i might look into standerdised responsibilities, itll be nothing huge, just making sure the reps know whats what and making sure they let you know whats what too lol ^_^.

Peace out

Joe

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Joe- sorry for not keeping you informed but I can tell you as far as southampton is concerned Dacacia is going. I can't confirm I'm coming yet so I might not be, I'll get in touch with PN and get back to you.

VA

Smash Hero
this region rep stuff doesn't really make any sense to me. pretty sure I saw my name near the title of region rep and then you're coming up with all this bull**** to do with responsibility and stuff. Who gave whoever put me as region rep the right to do so?

I'm not going so it's not up to me to make sure anyone else goes even though I am hassling swizzy to get his *** to this.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
this region rep stuff doesn't really make any sense to me. pretty sure I saw my name near the title of region rep and then you're coming up with all this bull**** to do with responsibility and stuff. Who gave whoever put me as region rep the right to do so?

I'm not going so it's not up to me to make sure anyone else goes even though I am hassling swizzy to get his *** to this.
agreed. I've got no prob with getting sotoners to Bolton but you can't pin it all down to the redional reps

OMGnesss. Joe I've found a £28 return to Bolton!!!! Might be able to make this after all!!!

Kone

Smash Master
I understand where joes is comign from and in all honesty I wouldn't everything he is saying 100% seriously. He is obviously just trying to drum up interest in this tournament. In all honesty though joseph , and you know i dont want to have to say this, but the host has to do ALOT of work turnout wise. When i run a tournament i posting religiously (to keep interest going) and bantering/persuading/cajoling people on msn to turn up.

The above is especially important if your from the north like we are. Birmingham/london/southampton much better for a larger turnout.

That a side I was intereted in hosting something last minute end of august but this will only go ahead if lyon looks a no go like!

Wish i could make this :( heres hoping that kates family leave sat morning (her graduation is the fri) and i can sneak of and get to bolton in time.

J03

Smash Master
Ed/VA: pinch of salt tactics lads, also im a little angry at myself and will for not being able to but as much effort into it as we both would like. I meant no offense lol, VA you should know that the best xD.

I just want peeps to be able to talk about the tourney between themselves, organise group travel and such because i cant do it all, and its not even my tourney >_>. i figured that is was a great idea and it was, its got the nessecary interest in my absence so whats the problem? I feel sorry for Robby as you never seemed to agree to be a region rep xD. but as for

"you're coming up with all this bull**** to do with responsibility and stuff"

it just means you ask about and see whose coming, in your area... so for you... 5 people? maybe push it a little to try and get a good turnout. its nothing major. i understadn you not having much interest in doing so as you cant make it yourself, but i want you to do it for me and will obv ^_^

peace out, Joe

Ed- what are your chances of making this btw?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
hmmmmmm. I'll let peoples know see what interest there is. I'll consider but I dont want to just play smash for 2 days lol, Im really cool now :confused:

Kone

Smash Master
Understand where you're coming from but in terms of turnout it is looking to little too late :(.

My chances are 50/50. Basically, kate's graduation is on the friday during the day. Her family come up on the thursday and i believe/am hoping that they leave sat morning. I def know her parents do. Its upto whether her sister does. Kate thinks shes booked to leave sun morning but im pretty confident it is sat.

Also, even if her sister is about the sat ima going to work on kate and make out that she should have sister alone time lol ;) ;) and that they don't get it very often etc etc.

So yeah, im optimistic?

I know i text u earlier bout france but im keeping my figners crossed for monday. If it falls through expect a tourney 3rd or 4th weekend in august ^_^

Paul - ive never gone to a tournament and played smash for two days =s. Ive only ever played during the tournament and even then towards the end im getting intoxicaed with others. You can still come to these sort of things and be social. Especially the night before and evening/night of the tournament. Just got to let everyone know u dont care about your positioning and prepare yourself for not placing so well.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
yeah im gonna give this a miss im afraid, dont want to give all my money to national rail, which seems quite likely at the mo..

Kone

Smash Master
Okay. Turns out that im coming this. Kae's family leave 9am sat morning so I shall be in bolton by twelve =). Saying as Joe and Will have little net access and this is a SDB tournament im going to do my best to sort out, what looks to be, a piss poor turnout.

So, who is actually coming to this? the lack of turnout is horrifying when it is likely this is the ONLY uk melee tournament this summer.

London - charles and who? why so few numbers charles? can you do your best to muster more people?

Scotland - Paul you coming? Ryan what about you? paul can you ask dave/allan/kieran and the new lads that were at ggt2. If not, give me their msns to hassle lol.

NW - ant and alan are you going to this? obv will and joe are. Who else is there?

Birmingham - whats happened to jet and hao???

Reading - craigg you coming to this? i spoke to jam the other day and he was interested. Could you pester him as well? I know he is back in reading for summer so you guys could come up together?????

Southampton - dacacia and ben are coming. what happened to pete?

This needs sorting out asap!!!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Okay. Turns out that im coming this. Kae's family leave 9am sat morning so I shall be in bolton by twelve =). Saying as Joe and Will have little net access and this is a SDB tournament im going to do my best to sort out, what looks to be, a piss poor turnout.

So, who is actually coming to this? the lack of turnout is horrifying when it is likely this is the ONLY uk melee tournament this summer.

London - charles and who? why so few numbers charles? can you do your best to muster more people?

Scotland - Paul you coming? Ryan what about you? paul can you ask dave/allan/kieran and the new lads that were at ggt2. If not, give me their msns to hassle lol.

NW - ant and alan are you going to this? obv will and joe are. Who else is there?

Birmingham - whats happened to jet and hao???

Reading - craigg you coming to this? i spoke to jam the other day and he was interested. Could you pester him as well? I know he is back in reading for summer so you guys could come up together?????

Southampton - dacacia and ben are coming. what happened to pete?

This needs sorting out asap!!!
I think Prof is coming and tails chao from London. There are a few more from London I think. Pete is technically not Southampton anymore but I've asked him and he might be coming. He's got an ok job so I think he can afford it ok. I'll try and keep you posted. I've been talking to Jet and there aren't rly any cheap tickets for him so it's unlikely that he'll come :(

Ed- Imma gonna try and help with this as well, it'd be good to have a decent turnout for this

Top Bottom