• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Last Dragon and 4 stock better come to this. Last Dragon- you're falcons awesome and you'd get to play Z :). 4 Stock- I want revenge as you obviously shouldn't have won :laugh:

STILL NEEED TO PHONEE INERTIAA BUT NOT TO WORRY I WILL DO IT THIS EVENING

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I heard Pete was going on holiday recently - dunno where or how long though, so I'd say go ahead with the ringing anyway?

J03

Smash Master
My entire love and respect to Ed for all his help on this.

As you all should know, you travel to Manchester or Bolton (preferably Bolton) and either Will or myself shall meet you there. Call us on 07816380025 (me) or 07784288764 (will) and let us know your arrival time.

for those who cannot get to bolton, only manchester, then call me with your arrival time and i shall sort you out ^_^

Kone

Smash Master
For those that are thinking about coming to this and are put of about price look into travelling to manchester. Though I know joe just said it isnt the preferable destination it could turn out much cheaper and make this tournament viable.

Joe - could you find out from will how tvs and setups are looking? does he need them? Also man what the plans for this weekend? im happy to trundle through if your free to do stuff fri/st (or stuff i can barge in on lol). Let me know.

Also to people can you post if you can bring a setup please!

Ill bring multitaps just incase aswell and if will doesnt have tournament maker ill stick it on a memory stick.

Pro - i believe that will has a veideo camcorder but it wont be amazing quality vids. Does charles have anythinghe could bring?

Whats happened to frost/chrisboi and edwin? would they not come?

Kone

Smash Master
WHY COME TO SHS1?

Ive compiled a list of the top ten reasons as to why you should make this the only summer event in your diaries;

1. FREE HOUSING FOR TWO NIGHTS

2. FREE VENUE

3. THE ONLY NATIONAL MELEE TOURNAMENT OF THE SUMMER

4. BBQ!!! £1 FOR ALL THE FOOD YOU CAN EAT

5. POTENTIALLY SWISS TOURNAMENT RULES. NO MORE POOLS. MORE TOURNAMENT GAMES AND MORE ACCURATE PLACINGS. THINK PREMIER LEAGUE OF UK MELEE.

6. VETERANS OF UK SMASH VS THE UK ALLSTARS. WHO WILL WIN THIS EPIC MATCH?!

7. POP UP PIRATES, SCRAMBLE, BUCKAROO, DOH NUTS AND OTHER AMAZING RETRO GAMES TO BE HAD!! (go well with drinking if your into that!)

8. LIBERAL HOUSE RULES. ENJOY YOURSELF AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE. THIS AIN'T A STUFFY CHURCH HALL OR COMMUNITY CENTRE!!!!!!!!

9. STARE IN DISBELIEF AS YOU ARE ENTERTAINED ON SATURDAY NIGHT WITH JOE, WILL AND MYSELF (MAYBE OTHERS) ON KARAOKE!!!

10. AND THE BEST FOR LAST. THE RETURN OF A UK MELEE LEGEND! START PLCING YOUR BETS (THIS WILL BLOW YOU AWAY)

If you are in it for the melee or simply to have a good time this tournament promises both in bucket loads!

:chuckle:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Last Dragon and 4 stock better come to this. Last Dragon- you're falcons awesome and you'd get to play Z :). 4 Stock- I want revenge as you obviously shouldn't have won :laugh:
I'm sorry but 4 stock obvioulsy deserved to win lol. He nearly 4stocked you on Battlefield in the last game and he was infront most of the games so I dunno how you came to that conclusion.
You wouldn't stand a chance against Last Dragon in pools lol.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
barbeque has sealed it for me, and Eds selective choice of colours.

Pro- F*CK OFF! not money matching you. Cause if I don't then there will always be the pondering in your mind that I am still quite good :confused: Ego tricks 101 man

J03

Smash Master
we have the possibilty to record matches straight to PC i believe

will has his box ive got piggyback cables, Ant can easily bring a laptop.
though ill be wanting copies before i leave lol

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
Me And Last Dragon Are Gonna **** IN Doubles....who Wants Some? Oh
Ps...sWizzy Is Crap.

J03

Smash Master
i dont see any team beating me and whoever i deem worth to play with. im the best teams player at this tourney, i will at least get second in doubles.

J03

Smash Master
hmm tempting offer actually mate, i **** with a defensive partner, especially one that holds his own. you stop dash attacking and you gotta deal ^_^. also we'll work on cheap strats when you come down on the 11th. **** like throw smashes and whatnots ^_^

Kone

Smash Master
meh i dont dash attack like that normally man, lack of practice and the more we played the worse my fooking blister got and i couldnt move proper. quick nairs became dash attacks and nairs outta shield became down smashes.

Dont worry its gone, however, watch armada. He loves his dash attack.

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman

STILL NEEED TO PHONEE INERTIAA BUT NOT TO WORRY I WILL DO IT THIS EVENING[/

i wasnt trying to win the match...I WAS TRYING TO4STOCK U!!!!! BUT I WILL TAKE THE CLEAR VICTORY ANYWAY.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
btw londoners

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Megabus Reservation for: 4 passengers Price paid: �20.00 Megabus Reservation Number8/11-9710-170709-M11-1430-LON- Megabus Journey information:Fri 17 July 2009London, Victoria Coach Station to Bolton, Horwich Parkway Station 14:30 Depart London, Victoria Coach Station19:25 Arrive Bolton, Horwich Parkway Station ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Megabus Reservation for: 4 passengers Price paid: �17.00 Megabus Reservation Number4/7-1973-190709-M11-0735--LON Megabus Journey information:Sun 19 July 2009Bolton, Horwich Parkway Station to London, Victoria Coach Station 07:35 Depart Bolton, Horwich Parkway Station13:30 Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reservation Fee : 0.50 Total Charge : 37.50

so thats £9.30 each. I booked for me, tails chao, professor pro, edwin I think

Kone

Smash Master
craig can you get it booked today? i think if you and jam can book and itll caue others to book. domino effect and all!

craiigg

Smash Lord
i think i pretty much swayed jam to come, and he's gona pop over today so i'll force his *** online and to book edmang.

you better make this 100% mr eddon otherwise ill cry

in other news my techskill is getting ****ing hot. i think we should do SDB vs rest of UK crew match o:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'm sorry but 4 stock obvioulsy deserved to win lol. He nearly 4stocked you on Battlefield in the last game and he was infront most of the games so I dunno how you came to that conclusion.
You wouldn't stand a chance against Last Dragon in pools lol.
LIESSS. The first game was **** and he def shouldn't have had the 2nd one :laugh:

EDIT- Can bring setup and Power adapter if needed. Will this barbeque be similar to TKI Ed? XD

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
LIESSS. The first game was **** and he def shouldn't have had the 2nd one :laugh:

EDIT- Can bring setup and Power adapter if needed. Will this barbeque be similar to TKI Ed? XD
i notice that u didnt mention the 3rd match.lol no worries i wanna play you again anyway. you better be on point this time. :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i notice that u didnt mention the 3rd match.lol no worries i wanna play you again anyway. you better be on point this time. :)
now It'll be easier to remember your name :laugh:. Why didn't I pick FD lol. My fav counterpick available and I try and be clever :laugh:. Nah it was a good match, it's just hard for me to not leave some of Mr Pros statements

Kone

Smash Master
Ben - im going to take the bbq up a notch. More selection, bigger bbq!

Smudge - £5 singles and £10 per team. Normal melee tournament rules. Is there not a cheaper travel option?

Almas

Smash Lord
Hey, Kone, can you talk to me on msn at some point? I already added you but I didn't see you come online. I'm at zachsmith at hotmail dot com.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Ben - im going to take the bbq up a notch. More selection, bigger bbq!

Smudge - £5 singles and £10 per team. Normal melee tournament rules. Is there not a cheaper travel option?
Fraid not, but £5 to enter might not be so bad, I'm guessing with my travel, tournament fee and the BBQ it'd be £31 quid overall.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I'm trying my hardest to go to this now - practically obsessed with the notion of going even though I physically don't have the cash to do so.

Kone

Smash Master
ryan man ill help u out money wise if u need it, like a tenner? thats not to much that u got to feel bad bout it like! it hink i found u cud go dundee->glasgow then glasgw-manchester for like just over £20 return. Seemed cheaper option. I put in dundee->manc and it came up with like high 30s.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Cheers for the offer Ed but I'll have to graciously decline, just not a fan of doing it.

Great spot on the Glasgow transfer, I was seeing 34 all over and was on the heavy side. 20 is more managable.

I'm checking to see if I can get my deposit back for my flat today, it's pretty unlikely as we cut our lease short and I'm not sure how offical the cut is really or if that depo is going towards rent I should be paying now, but we'll see.

I'll try my best to gather together some raggy coins here and there, chances are I won't be able to afford singles LOL but I'll probably be there.

Top Bottom