• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
its not only that its just its kind of contradictory.

correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't the whole point so that you don't have to sift through as many threads? but now we have to check and sift through 3 sub-forums to view all our threads, cool.
EXACTLY!!!

yes but its messy, learn to get used to it
Get used to it!?
How isit messy in a place with about 5 threads really active and only a few others active with a fer tournament threads which werent even active.
I hope you lots motive for doing this wasn't that you wanna seem like you are organized like the American people.

I agree completely with TC and ben. The european forum had 7 active UK threads (current tournament, london, NW, EM, UK thread, Scotland, Southampton), 1 active dutch thread (current tournament), 1 semi active irish thread, 1 semi active german thread, 1 semi active swedish thread. Then on top maybe 1 big euro tourney thread and a handful of 'looking for 'pick a city' smashers'.

All the above threads sat on the first page and based on use the prominant ones sat on the top, which, makes perfect sense. It also fostered posting as if you posted on e.g. the current tourney thread you may also opt to post on the uk thread and the london thread etc. Also, if a player posted from london or what not it was easier to redirect them to a thread on the same page.

Having to sift through three different forums is annoying and amazingly people are that lazy not to do it. Hence, it'll cause less posting :/

The headings for the sub forums are also useless lol. This tournaments current positioning is a prime example.

How do i report mods for being overly active lol?

edit - messy? there arent enough threads that the europe section goes over the first page!! that aint messy man.
Another post which deserves my 'EXACTLY!!!'

ROOOFL hate when Mods do things purely to do things. Just feels like school when the vice-head prefects would re-arrange the lunch queues to push around their mediocre power lol.

"We tend to meet every situation in life by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization." - Petronius
The love I have for you at the moment and that amazing quote at the end is undescribable

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
ROOOFL hate when Mods do things purely to do things. Just feels like school when the vice-head prefects would re-arrange the lunch queues to push around their mediocre power lol.

"We tend to meet every situation in life by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization." - Petronius
I think that quote deserves a touché :chuckle:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Agree with everyone, new setup is ****e, Charles you should be arrested :confused:?
looool I agree.

THIS ISWELL

Does anyone think that their motive behind this was to be organized like the Americans cos I heard alot 'The Americans done it' in that thread that was trying to change it?
*** Spadefox for bringing up the subject.
How can Charles honestly believe this change is for the best, I think he just likes the change cos he is a mod and he contributed to it.

VA

Smash Hero
The change isn't bad, it's like a new facebook layout change. Everyone will hate it and maybe one day it will actually be good. I don't care much for it though, it doesn't seem to have any purpose :/

VA

Smash Hero
you just think it's unnecessary because you don't understand uthrow > standing shine > bair. That's probably my most favourite pointless trick.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol It's all about uthrow > face other direction > standing shine > reverse > bair.
That's a bit harder to pull off obv though.
On fox obviously as he goes backwards from the standing shine and CF just uthrow > standing shine > nair.

Kone

Smash Master
If its the date that i told joe to book itll be the last thursday in june till the sunday morning. But id get joe to post his bus information first to confirm paul. glad you'll be able to come.

Kone

Smash Master
into sunderland yeah? ill be there to get u guys. is will coming? paul let me know when or if u book and ill sort out pick up times. we'll get some drinks out and about fri or sat night in durham or sunderland or both nights depending on cash flows and what not. Durhams nicer for drinks in nice pubs, sunderland better for loud n tacky bars lol but cos u get in lateish and will have stuff on u we'll just head back to mine and ill make sure ive got a crate of beer in for thurs night. bring green if u can get hold of some, which i guess u can, will chip in money wise. or if u cant let me know as i can pick up just means driving thru to newcastle :(

remember to bring tissues

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Right turns out getting to edinburgh and back is cheap as chips, so Im all for booking now but not sure if i want to get back into edinburgh one hour before the concert starts LOL, and the only other coach is at 5summit AM. How nightmare-ish is it to get to Newcastle at that time? :confused:

Kone

Smash Master
paul its not hard to get there at all, no traffic, just means i got to get up early and drive u. just book whatevers easier for u and ill work around it

no worries

J03

Smash Master
ed; any chipage towards green is much appreciated. no idea if will shall be coming, ill ask him again but with uni ending were both moving into new places so it might be some hassle for him.

z; get your *** in gear pretty plox, i much desire to play you.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Who apart from aaron and charles is actually coming to this from London?

im starting to think that its only gonna be you two atm, unless ppl like chrisboi and king decide to go :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Why aren't you lot going?
I can ask Last Dragon and 4stock if they wanna come iswell btw when I see them 2day and potentially a few other smashers who were at the smashfests.
Ricardo and Jav who were both at the ranking battle. Ricardos name on the boards is Kassper I think but he doesn't post often.

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol What you doing in Japan.
Meeting Ken and bombsolider lol.
Ken's in Japan lol?

And its just basically a tourism holiday, we're just going all over japan to check it out

naturally we have smash on our minds so we'll see if anythings happening there but from what Kel has told me, they're all playing brawl :(

Top Bottom