• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr P

Smash Ace
This thread is basically a timeline in banter, i love to spend my saturday nights looking over some of the old posts and think to myself, ROFL this Mr P guy is ****ing hilarious, what a genius :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

more banter to follow.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
but look the thing is, Yoshi mains have tried to show you a lot of times about Yoshi's potential but nearly everyone ignores it. They listen more to the ignorant smashers than the Yoshi mains, never look at the Yoshi boards, thinking we are being fanboys/girls and I am getting angry about it.
In all honesty pidgey, as much as I like yoshi he's not as good as u think he is particularly in brawl where he like 35 or something in the tier list and he is nerfed in brawl, he's slower (everthing is slower in brawl), has less prioraty (sp?), his moves are weaker I think and countless other things all he has got is slightly more range which isn't much.

Also people do underestimate/hate yoshi but u need 2 except that as some smashers base a character's quality purely from their position on the tier list and also because of his lack of a third jump. If u want to prove people wrong beat them with yoshi which is one of the main reasons for this much anticipated £5 MM between me and zeppo which is sure to go down as one of the best matches in smash history and to make me a fiver richer.

Also I know it may sound bold, pompous, arrogant etc but am just going to come out and say it...

I AM THE BEST YOSHI PLAYER IN THE UK

and I don't even main yoshi, njs

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol? Yoshi his better in brawl. He can use his upB to recover, his uptilts better his bair is better and he can edgeguard better. Plus egg canceling is easier and he's just generally better. Seriously wtf?

oh and one other thing

I am the best Yoshi in the UK not you fiend :laugh:

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
lol? Yoshi his better in brawl. He can use his upB to recover, his uptilts better his bair is better and he can edgeguard better. Plus egg canceling is easier and he's just generally better. Seriously wtf?
Tbh I don't play brawl really but whenever I used Yoshi he didn't feel like a good character and he has more range in the moves u mentioned which I already said but I think his moves r slightly weaker, am sure his fair is weaker along with his smash moves. However u no doubt play brawl more than me so u probably know more about the game than I do but I still feel that Yoshi is not a good character in brawl

I am the best Yoshi in the UK not you fiend :laugh:
MM?

Aiko

Smash Champion
i'll put my money on ben for that one too, infact, separate MM for brawl and melee. Im bens manager now.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Will you **** stop talking about yoshi and get back on "track" here :laugh::laugh: Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning the championship in the most amazing fashion but i think we all know who the real champ around here is. Coulthard the legend has finally retired after a glorious career that spans 15 years and 13 career wins. Patter wise no-one can touch him.

Here's a quote: “I am not motivated by recognition, I just do things I like doing - racing, shagging, eating and drinking.” ~ David Coulthard

He's delighted

"I got a lift back off three Hungarian girls so it`s not all bad." ~ David Coulthard
The glasses are a nice touch with that grin

"There are very few injuries in the paddock but, as someone else said, when fat people start exercising that's what happens." ~ David Coulthard

That means you Massa ya **** :laugh::laugh::laugh:

About to go on a night out to pipe some birds.

“Go speak to the FIA. There's a start system in place. As the lights started to change I went. It doesn't matter what the drivers think.” - David Coulthard

Quite right, who cares about anyone else. ;)
Nice sonface, no johns button.

champion.

And last but not least - "I can't stand it when Lewis Hamilton or anyone else, is made out to be a godlike character. If Lewis was driving for Red Bull I'm sure he would race extremely well, but he'd be battling for points." David Coulthard

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I'll MM you all in Yoshi dittos also meaning theres 4 contenders so I propose a mini-tournament £20 entry fee round robin kk? kl BANTER hahahahahahahaah!!!!!

omfg Coulthard has something but I cant quite put my finger on what it is hang on I might be back later...

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Alright guys, Im wondering if the next time we meet up have abit of banter few chuckles drinks abit of poker, if you would all be willing to put in a small buy in for a smash tournament too? Say £1.50 or £2.00, I'd go higher if you fancy it. I fancy getting okay at this game and I think a buy-in would seriously up the competitiveness. Granted its kinda miniscule, but with no money Im afraid my DK would probably be coming out just for the banter!!

Let me know, Im hoping to do something soon, all the regulars plus Sean Ross and the flaketastic Phillarino are all invited. If anyone from the northwest wants to come and get dealt really bad beats then best of luck to you also.

Mr P

Smash Ace
What do you propose exactly dates, location etc ? I think it's good idea and i am up for it but your place is not really the ideal location espescially if the numbers are going to be more than marginal.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I actually think my living room could fit 8-10 people if the space is handled properly. If interest is great enough I could look out a venue as well, but I dont want to go to too much effort to see 20% of people flake which is about average.

For arguments sake I'll just say the weekend of 6th December but anyone who is interested in coming let me know via msn or this thread and I'll see what the banter is.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Aye alright alright jesus christ the life story. Im thinking cause Im going to Birmingham for the crazy Brummy banter on the 29th I'll probably have this on the 22nd of November, I'll make sure I can actually host it within the next couple of days but hypothetically it'd be that date. Im assuming it'll be much the same mob, I might convince Kieran to pop along solely for the banter, and him and Allan can have a huge rematch and I will be willingly betting on the winner primarily for the banter.

COEY

Smash Lord

Also Z if you do wanna come down before OSPLAY, assuming me and joe are going that's no problem.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Alright Ross no problem man, not sure if Im doing this on the date I proposed still I may be busy, but assured I intend on having some sort of event and its likely I wont be able to make this birmingham tournament anyway lol.

BTW DAVID AND RYAN: UP YE'S BOTH ****ERS, GUESS WHO JUST BROKE $100?!?! HOHO HEHE HAHA!!!!

Rabby

Smash Rookie
hey guys great to see a scottish thread on here i was begining to feel a little lonely lol feel free to add me and stuff guys :D

Rabby

Mr P

Smash Ace
alright rabby you seem like you have a bit of banter, where you from ?

Right lads that's me moving into my new flat on Wednesday so from that point on i probably wont be online all that much if hardly ever over the next 6 months or so, unless i decide to get a connection. Possibly a fest at my place at some point we'll see how it goes. If any of you want to get in touch with me about anything then send me a text or phone my mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom