• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i said people who post on gamefaqs are scrubs, and then he hit me on the back of the head and said "i post on gamefaqs." He was also seriously taking the piss out of the charles, and nobody thought it was funny. it was basically beyond poking fun, more like bullying. either way, if i do a tournament, i'll make sure he doesn't come.

lol he sounds black to me ROFL

Mr P

Smash Ace
i second someone host a melee tourney . :bee:
We're doing our best to get one sorted sometime during the summer, there will be a thread up when we're organised. It's a MELEE tournie, maybe brawl on the side.

I still cant play Brawl for more than half an hour without getting bored, the game is way too basic. Although i do suggest that everyone in the mafia play snake, one of the few semi fun characters. maybe put a few hours into actually learning the game at a fest then it's GG UK, everyone play melee again.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
I talked to few people about this tournie and they seem up for it saying they would be free during the summer, so that makes 4 for definite including myself and one more depending the time of the tournie

Mr P

Smash Ace
I talked to few people about this tournie and they seem up for it saying they would be free during the summer, so that makes 4 for definite including myself and one more depending the time of the tournie
Well i actually asked everyone what their holidays were a couple of pages back and no-one answered so to be honest if people wont answer then its not my problem if it ends up being on a bad date for a lot of people.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
The more anarchic lads up here aren't interested I dont think. I haven't paid any attention to it at all lol. What about you son? You softening up?

Bad times on the fest son but your wild lifestyle can hardly be contained by finance can it?
I haven't played it at all, tried to watch some videos to spark a bit of interest but there was nowt, dunno if I've said this before but when watching KDJ/Azen is boring you know something's amiss. I have however read the entire evo ruleset thread, pretty entertaining stuff, watching people squabbling over nothing turns out to be rediculous. Also items matches are actually watchable, KDJ hitting someone with that light arrow business is mint.

Johns here but I'm going to some festival affair in Germany in about 10 days and I still need to buy train tickets to london and a tent, then it's my brothers 21st birthday and I need to pipe him up something naughty. It's gutting but there's little a fledgling P can do in these dire times.

Will: Lookin nice with 2nd son, Toon horror was it? I can't really do much for a while but next time I'm in Bolton you're getting camped to **** by my :olimar: Money might even have to go on the line.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I haven't played it at all, tried to watch some videos to spark a bit of interest but there was nowt, dunno if I've said this before but when watching KDJ/Azen is boring you know something's amiss. I have however read the entire evo ruleset thread, pretty entertaining stuff, watching people squabbling over nothing turns out to be rediculous. Also items matches are actually watchable, KDJ hitting someone with that light arrow business is mint.

Johns here but I'm going to some festival affair in Germany in about 10 days and I still need to buy train tickets to london and a tent, then it's my brothers 21st birthday and I need to pipe him up something naughty. It's gutting but there's little a fledgling P can do in these dire times.

Will: Lookin nice with 2nd son, Toon horror was it? I can't really do much for a while but next time I'm in Bolton you're getting camped to **** by my :olimar: Money might even have to go on the line.
Phil you should have come to TKI. It would have shown you a thing or two about brawl. Will be good to see you in Bolton or Liv

Mr P

Smash Ace

Yup i know what you mean about watching the vids, you see Azen or KDJ and think "yasss, wonder what they are capable of in this ****fest that is brawl" Then you watch hoping for something amazing and...... it's just brawl. I've tried my best to get interested in the game, reading about some techniques and stuff and i've played my brother for a decent amount but we both get bored of it real fast, then go back to melee and play for 2 or 3 hours.

I read that thread about the items at EVO and as ridiculous and stubborn as EVO are about the whole thing, i think everyone else is equally stupid to waste their time writing essays every post trying to argue their point one way or another. It all about opinion, in the end there is no scientific way to clarify really whether items are better or not because it's all just personal prefernce....speaking of personal prefernce it's exactly the same debate between the brawl and melee players, such ridiculous crack watching peoples ego's getting carried away in debate and then they completely miss the point of the whole thing. what a waste of time. That Synikal fellow is probably the most pretentious character i've ever seen also.

Phil are you gonna be away anytime during the summer ? If we get this tournie off the ground we need to know what dates are bad for you.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Yup i know what you mean about watching the vids, you see Azen or KDJ and think "yasss, wonder what they are capable of in this ****fest that is brawl" Then you watch hoping for something amazing and...... it's just brawl. I've tried my best to get interested in the game, reading about some techniques and stuff and i've played my brother for a decent amount but we both get bored of it real fast, then go back to melee and play for 2 or 3 hours.

I read that thread about the items at EVO and as ridiculous and stubborn as EVO are about the whole thing, i think everyone else is equally stupid to waste their time writing essays every post trying to argue their point one way or another. It's all about opinion, in the end there is no scientific way to clarify really whether items are better or not because it's all just personal prefernce....speaking of personal prefernce it's exactly the same debate between the brawl and melee players, such ridiculous crack watching peoples ego's getting carried away in debate and then they completely miss the point of the whole thing. what a waste of time. That Synikal fellow is probably the most pretentious character i've ever seen also.

Phil are you gonna be away anytime during the summer ? If we get this tournie off the ground we need to know what dates are bad for you.
Great P's think alike is what I've heard :laugh: That bit in bold really could've saved 700+ posts of crying lol, if only you'd gotten in there with the first reply eh?

You're right it's just the same argument as melee vs brawl all over again, except the people who were saying, "Give brawl a chance to prove itself, it's a different game, new AT's will be discovered etc" are now saying, "Items are broken and will completely ruin brawl, we know this beyond all doubt because a few years ago some of us didn't like them in melee." Common sense just seems to elude some people. I have to say though that SynikaL is an absolute legend, sometimes I have to read his posts a few times to understand them but it's worth it 'cos he's always spot on.

I'll try and find out about dates for the tournament tomorrow. There're a couple of weekends in July that I might have to work but other than that all should be reet.

Phil you should have come to TKI. It would have shown you a thing or two about brawl. Will be good to see you in Bolton or Liv
Unless one of these things was a patch with a brand new physics engine then I stand by my decision. We should jump ship to competitive advance wars lol, we'd be ****in pipin imo.

EDIT: Just thought I should say, with regards to the nightmare in the Northwest Thread, that the Province of Reacherino fully supports the action taken by the other Mafian states and has its best troops (armed with flamethrowers no less) stationed around SDB's borders, in case the need arises.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Well that's twice i have e mailed the people at the hall without reply and there is no phone number on their site. If we're going to get in contact with them at all then we'll probably have to go there ourselves.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Never thought I'd say this but Phil I've fallen for this Lucozade Sport crack. A metaphorical fold to a great drink. Had about 5 in the last 2 days rofl.

Nice Deutschland btw, going back to your roots.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic Phil Hellmuth Times

Rounded off with some Doyle Brunson. King of Poker

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Rofl fantastic Poker, 2 10 a fantastic hand if ever I see one.

Right guys Im thinking of holding nice fest on Friday, Smash and most certainly and unquestionably a nice bit of poker.

All of Mafia(Myself, David, Euan, Craig, Allan, Kieran, Phil (even though he wont make it)) are invited plus Ryan and perhaps a couple of guest stars. Superb line-up.

Let me know if you can make it.

Mr P

Smash Ace

Right guys Im thinking of holding nice fest on Friday, Smash and most certainly and unquestionably a nice bit of poker.

All of Mafia(Myself, David, Euan, Craig, Allan, Kieran, Phil (even though he wont make it)) are invited plus Ryan and perhaps a couple of guest stars. Superb line-up.

ta, cheers mate that sounds magic pal ;););)

WATP Germany 2 -0 Job scrounging scum

Also great job David Coulthard yesterday, best man on the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlyQ9vjQGI roofffllll watch this

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
Another empty between July 4th and 18/19th same place as last time, more notice this time as well, anyone interested in some two week long smash and drinking give me a shout, depending on numbers it may turn into a tournie. Try and get back to me ASAP to get the arrangements sorted out.

and yes Scotland does own, I know

ac_anon

Smash Ace

should be there,

Fantastic Phil Hellmuth Times
Gus Hansen all the way

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Someone needs to post a picture of the Devilfish, he's ****ing amazing. Also Chris Moneymaker is a disgrace to the game.

It's looking bad on the work front for this tournament, probably have to work most (if not all) of the weekends in July, which was unexpected, but I don't really think there's a way around it.

Zade is the drink of the Gods, £10 says Stepovers Ronaldo drinks it at half time, and he's easily the smuggest person on the planet right now, just ahead of Bono. Bono's real name is Paul David Hewson btw.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
ROOOOFL fantastic post. I just enjoyed some Poker Prem. League last night, oh my goodness, Devilfish is a genius. Certainly a pioneer of the wink. My hats off to Sammy Farha though,

terrific stuff.

Phil Hellmuth is an absolute *****.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Right laddies Im thinking a mid-day start may be a good idea for tomorrows proceedings, maybe around 2 or 3pm so we can play some nice smash. Kieran says he'll arrive round 6 or summit like that. Poker will preferably start around 10, no meaning to get strict but it makes sense. Probably put in £5 each or something like that.

If you cant make it around 2 or 3 thats cool, particularly Euan you know where my house is so that shouldnt be a problem.

GG Huns btw and the holy goalie held a sturdy post GG GG

EDIT2: Kierdo McLellan bring a copy of smash and a Scart Cable please mate please cheers big yun tah

Mr P

Smash Ace
fest was good

fun piping you Kieran, i'm pretty sure you got better over the period of us playing. The set with allan was epic

Might play a bit of online poker so i get to grips with the game then maybe i'd be willing to put money on it, maybe next time.

Lets try and get a venue sorted next time i come though.

Fiends knee: interested

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
fest was good

fun piping you Kieran, i'm pretty sure you got better over the period of us playing. The set with allan was epic

Might play a bit of online poker so i get to grips with the game then maybe i'd be willing to put money on it, maybe next time.

Lets try and get a venue sorted next time i come though.

Fiends knee: interested
Mr P. With your permission can I be an honanary member of this thread. The scots are amazing the amount of power they have makes me feel intimidated but I still want to know more about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom