• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr P

Smash Ace
The great debate

I present to you all a very important and rather profound question that has gone on for generations upon generations without being answered properly, It's known as "The great debate". You might be wondering what such an important question in life might be, is it related to God the Universe or even extraterrestrial life ? Well the answer is that it is all three rolled into one. i present to you the question: "Who is the smuggest?" Here are some of the candidates.

1. Roger Moore - A man who has had a glittering career but is probably most famous as Bond. Bond is an incredibly smug character in himself and every actor who has played the role of Bond has to carry his own brand of smugness to an extent. I chose Roger Moore because some people actually did not like him as Bond because he was believe it or not "too smug" :laugh: He is an inately smug individual and i cannot fault the man. Just watch any interview or any Bond film with him in it. You might be loving it as much as he is.

Here's a quote from the man himself "
Some are blessed with musical ability, others with good looks. Myself, I was blessed with modesty. "

2. Michael Schumacher -Is the undisputed greatest Formula One driver of all time, he knocked a many a rival off circuit on his way to winning 7 World championships an unprecidented number. Formula One is the classiest,best and most importantly fastest of all motorsports in the world and to be the best of the best, well is there really anyhthing more smug than that ? Just look at the size of the mans chin, when he grins you know all about it and lets be fair, when is the man not grinning ?

Here's another quote “Every year we find something new, we go faster, and that's what Formula One is about .”

3. Tom Cruise - is probably one of the most recognised individuals on the planet, he's rich good looking and a multimillionaire move star, here is a quote from his wikipedia article "Forbes magazine ranked him as the world's most powerful celebrity in 2006. He has been nominated for three Academy Awards and won three Golden Globe Awards. October 10, 2006 was declared "Tom Cruise Day" in Japan" Really they have a Tom Cruise day in Japan, i could stop right here and he would still be a candidate but there is just soo much more to the great man who we all aspire to be like. In recent times Cruise has been mostly known for his very outspoken Religious views, views which are not generally popular with the public but the man still feels the need to force those views upon everyone else. This in my book commands great respect for there is nothing much more smug than forcing your beliefs on everyone else.

Here's a quote "I love what I do. I take great pride in what I do. And I can't do something halfway, three-quarters, nine-tenths. If I'm going to do something, I go all the way.”

This post is not finished, there are more condidates to come.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
About time this debate was raised, amazing profiles for some great candidates so far, the quotes are too good especially Roger Moores, interested to see future candidates, a spot for Sean Connery is surely on the Cards

Mr P

Smash Ace
Jack Nicholson is most certainly a candidate as i think those pictures speak for themselves, would have done a profile on him but z seems to be doing his part. The next candidates coming up for the worlds smuggest individual are both representing the UK, ones called Robbie and the other is called Jim. and Sean connery is def on the cards although i think Roger Moore definately trumps him in the smug department, it's close though.

Oh and Bullet Bill GTFO.

And i almost forget, congratulations to the mighty Gers who triumphed over Fiorentina in the UEFA cup semi final, they now play zenit st petersburg in the final it will be a clash of godly proportions. Where are Celtic ?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

THIS IS FOR YOU RYAN YOU FANNY, NACHO NACHO MAN..... I WANT TO BE A NACHO MAN

NO SURRENDER !!!!!!!!!!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
OMFGoodness, I just searched 'pensive' on google image search and this came up:

Whats highly noticeable is Cruise is still looking smug IMHO.

MORE STRATS UNCOVERED:

Jack sauntering to said destination, no hurry lads

Also notice he has the definitive purple shirt to complete his smugness

Mr P

Smash Ace
Right i've talked to one or two people about the possibility of hosting a melee tournie sometime this summer in Scotland. Right now it is just a prelimerary idea and i only want to know what other people think of this project and whether or not they would want to contribute in getting this idea off the ground. I've hosted a tournament before but the attendance was poor for a few reasons, the main one being my location Perth is quite a small secluded town and its not particularly easy to get to. I realise Dundee is even farther away but that would still be a better location because its a bigger city imo. Of course i would be thinking along the lines of somewhere more central whether it could be Falkirk Glasgow or Paisley i dont know, it's something we'd all need to discuss and i really want to hear other peoples opinions and ideas about this. I've got quite a few things going on this summer as i'm sure a number of you do to but im willing to put in some effort to get this off the ground and i think with a lot of the Scottish smashers contributing we could make this a great success so what are the O's ????

Please post !!!!!

I think if a lot of us worked on making this success then the worload would not be excessive for any one individual, who thinks they could/ would want to contribute

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
slaps forehead... that's great and all but i need to know what people are willing to put in to make this happen and i want to know ideas a prefered location etc...
Preferred location is obviously Glasgow as practically everything anyone will need is there, whilst in Paisley and Falkirk we're more restricted, it's even more likley we'll find the perfect venue in Glasgow rather than towns like Paisley and Falkirk. Thats my opinion anyway.

I'm sure my crew would turn up if it happened, I'll make sure though with them although a few of them are looking for the chance to come up here.

The only problem I could see us having is housing Euan and I can't house anyone I Highly doubt my Dad would be willing to have complete strangers he knew in the house whilst he was there, plus it's a small house and I have my step sisters, my dad and their mum staying here so it's a definite no for housing from me so unless people were willing to pay for their own housing in a hotel or something, I'd suggest not making it Falkirk unless we can get ahold of another overnight hall, which I'm sure wouldn't be that hard as I know two.

Anyway, imo we should make it Glasgow for obv reasons, mainly because like I said before: Everything everyone needs is there.

I'd be able to bring:
Wii + Wires and everything + 1 Melee
Cube + Wires and everything without a Smash.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Preferred location is obviously Glasgow as practically everything anyone will need is there, whilst in Paisley and Falkirk we're more restricted, it's even more likley we'll find the perfect venue in Glasgow rather than towns like Paisley and Falkirk. Thats my opinion anyway.

I'm sure my crew would turn up if it happened, I'll make sure though with them although a few of them are looking for the chance to come up here.

The only problem I could see us having is housing Euan and I can't house anyone I Highly doubt my Dad would be willing to have complete strangers he knew in the house whilst he was there, plus it's a small house and I have my step sisters, my dad and their mum staying here so it's a definite no for housing from me so unless people were willing to pay for their own housing in a hotel or something, I'd suggest not making it Falkirk unless we can get ahold of another overnight hall, which I'm sure wouldn't be that hard as I know two.

Anyway, imo we should make it Glasgow for obv reasons, mainly because like I said before: Everything everyone needs is there.

I'd be able to bring:
Wii + Wires and everything + 1 Melee
Cube + Wires and everything without a Smash.

This is a good post, good stuff Kieran.

Personally i can supply a couple of TV's and 2 to 3 cubes so i dont think TV's and cubes will be a problem between the lot of us. Like you say the main concern is the venue/accommodation for smashers. If we could find a venue in Glasgow that would allow for us to use it overnight that would be both our problems solved right away but thats not easy to do, we need to do our research on this and if its the case that we cant find any housing then we'll look into cheap hostel accommodation as a possibility.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
The City of Manchester will welcome the bears
As the tims sit at home, but who the **** cares?
Coisty and Walter are our number one
Theres no better feeling than being a hun
We batter the greeks, german and portugese
As one by one the tims sank to their knees
Then up came the Italians and we had to stand strong
But not even one player put a foot wrong
Then Nacho to win it and he put it away!
Now roll on the russians on the 14th of May!
Walter and Ally Vs Fernando and Dic
Lets win and get it up that wee ginger prick
Now tell all the tims that seville is in the past
Your time is gone, Sir Walts here to last

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord

Oh dear lads, that wasnt so good

Anyone notice the ender of dreams was a Z? And a Ryan to boot. Zyrianov, great guy
:suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom