• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBR said **** everyone and moved luigi +1 because HES TOO GOOD! 6/09 TIER DISCUSSION!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I will never accept that AT as a substantial advancement to Luigi's metagame. Ever.

But Luigi does stand to rise a lot in the tier lists. Simply put, his metagame is far far ahead of where the average Luigi mainer currently is.
I know I can't convince you, but some Luigi's, not including myself have found a use beyond just a silly mindgame. From the way I've seen it sometimes is that it can really not just be a "WTF" moment for the opponent, it's more than that. If crawldashing can be applied to throw off the enemy's idea of what you are going to do next, it's important.
For example, if I were to crawldash in and out to bait someone to use an f-smash, then leaving them vulnerable f-smashed them myself, that is a solid strategy that can be ironed out to work.
Although used sparingly and hard to pull off, crawldashing is not completely devoid of usefulness.

<3

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I will never accept that AT as a substantial advancement to Luigi's metagame. Ever.

But Luigi does stand to rise a lot in the tier lists. Simply put, his metagame is far far ahead of where the average Luigi mainer currently is.

Eh. It's not a dramatic change in his meta-game. It just puts something for the lulz or different in his game. It still has it's uses and it's better than nothing but meh lol. I mean, I sorta find this useful against marth. But that's just me lol.

Locuan actually will post O.o

Well, in my lurking around the boards, I've seen some new vids which are incredibly well elaborated, with Luigi handling quite well in matchups, intense analysis by magus on jab1 follow ups etc.

What is my opinion on the future tier list standing?

Still not much of a difference, will he rise, I think there is a great possibility he will but not like in the Olimar level from tier list 1 --> 2.

What do we need to do in order for Luigi to raise even more?

In my opinion, more representation, more Luigi user's. If this starts happening it can only have it's positive impacts on Luigi's game, in this manner, more people will be able to analyze the character, find new things for his metagame (if any at this point, but of course I could be wrong) and amongst all more representation in tourney's means more possibilities of getting higher up in tournament results (if the Luigi representation is hardcore for the character).
So like you were lurking all this time? And yet you didn't have the bawls to update our matchup thread?

*reports*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Crawl Dashing is really not a very useful AT... I guess it could be a good mixup in very few situations, but the distance it travels doesn't allow those situations to present themselves very often. If it gave a bit more distance or allowed you to go in either direction it would be great for Luigi.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
hippiedude said:
So like you were lurking all this time? And yet you didn't have the bawls to update our matchup thread?

*reports*
Yo chill hippie, don't know if you were being serious:

If you weren't then I'll lol it off.

If you were, no I haven't been lurking, I have been able to pop in once in a while to take a look but I haven't been able to update for multiple reasons from which I have proof, been really busy with college, now will take summer classes, scientific undergrad research, acceptance to honor societies etc. just didn't feel like explaining my absence in detail.

Because of all the work I decided to drop my usual serious tone that's why I posted in that manner. Guess I should watch what I say from now on, things have gotten different here.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lmao. Course I wouldn't report lmfao. Just lol it off XD! You and everyone else knows i pretty much bull**** around but sorry if it was offensive to you lol. And pretty much social life > important threads yeah I know. I'm not in college yet so I'm pretty sure this will happen to me >_>.

And PX pretty much hit what I was trying to say it's not like it's drastic, it's just there lol. Btw I'm still back at like April 2008 where Warios back then said it was like 7/3 in Luigi's favor just cuz he wrecks him in the air. I still can't get over that to be honest LOL.

And you know what sucks more too? I get ps'd by people more than I ps them. >_>

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Lmao. Course I wouldn't report lmfao. Just lol it off XD! You and everyone else knows i pretty much bull**** around but sorry if it was offensive to you lol. And pretty much social life > important threads yeah I know. I'm not in college yet so I'm pretty sure this will happen to me >_>.

And PX pretty much hit what I was trying to say it's not like it's drastic, it's just there lol. Btw I'm still back at like April 2008 where Warios back then said it was like 7/3 in Luigi's favor just cuz he wrecks him in the air. I still can't get over that to be honest LOL.

And you know what sucks more too? I get ps'd by people more than I ps them. >_>
Yea I know you mostly mess around but that wasn't what I was used to back a few months ago jaja.

Anyways, went back to maining Luigi, MK got boring for me... (A lot of people started re-using him here in PR, plus I can do well against diddy's with Luigi but not with MK -.-)

Anyways, back on topic, in general didn't know a new tier list was coming out soon. Hence, my point still stands, more representation will do us good in many ways.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
His representation went up but not signficiant to make us a Olimar jumper lol. Whenever I go to tourneys, I find a alot of random " good " luigis sometimes but not to top 3 material >_>. Though his tourney rankings seem to turn hot and cold ALOT. :/

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Crawl Dashing is really not a very useful AT... I guess it could be a good mixup in very few situations, but the distance it travels doesn't allow those situations to present themselves very often. If it gave a bit more distance or allowed you to go in either direction it would be great for Luigi.
It really would be a wavedash if that were true... :(
And yes it is pretty awesome just for the fact that it makes our character more mobile on the ground, and that is never a bad thing. The extra mobility isn't so much a new AT that is going to break the Luigi metagame but it helps me move around quicker, so why not use it?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Why not use it?

I haven't seen anybody use crawldashing in a useful way during combat, even from VisT. That in itself is not a reason to not use it, but it certainly demonstrates why it need not be used.

An increase in crawldashing necessitates an increase in ground approaches (at full walking speed no less). I don't believe we've ever thought Luigi's ground approach was better than his aerial SH approach. Moreover, if the distance you crawldash backwards is enough to avoid an opponent's attack, then that distance is far greater than the distance you can punish at with an fSmash or Jab. If Luigi's already walking into the opponent, I can think of a few better ATs that utilize his walking momentum than a crawldash. Hell, with Luigi's traction, shielding an oncoming attack has the same effect as a crawldash except without the risk of actually getting hit if you mistimed/misjudged it... and it's quicker... and it could set up for a PS counterattack or OoS attack. I'm saying it carries significant risk and that there are better options.

Yar, it's a nifty AT... but it's no game changer.
elheber out.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Input in what particular way hippie?

I mean in general. Like since our last tier list, we relatively went up 2 spots. WAnted to see how we fare against the bandwagon top tier homos. Like what our new meta game has so far, if it still put up a fight against them. or just cp mk and spam tornado and win lol.

new tier list will be coming out in like 20 mins. hold on to your green hats cuz luigi bout to take home the top tier golden prize!!

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Even though +1 is awesome, that means if we want to raise him more, we have to give more representation or develop his metagame further (easier said than done).

Any ideas?

Icyo

Smash Ace
Even though +1 is awesome, that means if we want to raise him more, we have to give more representation or develop his metagame further (easier said than done).

Any ideas?
I don't know. To me it looks like just recently the Luigi **** has gone up. It hasn't been long enough to take its course.

Ideas:
Luigi Network
...drag people out to tournies?
just keep working on it

I'm only a scrub so there's little I, myself, can contribute.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
...Elheber watch the final stock, I would like to think I was using crawldashing fairly well.
You mean the crawldashing parts not including the one where you got KO'd for crawldashing?

We need to put up tons and tons of videos of Luigi doing the things we say are good. I keep touting the effectiveness of delayed recoveries and Jumpless Rising Cyclones, but I can't show it until I start putting some videos up. Such videos can be used as examples for guides and whatnot, so others can work those examples into their own Luigi fighting style.

I know we all can't become Boss, but perhaps we can become "boss" with a lower-case 'b'. If all Luigi mainers can boss level good, his tourney outcomes will rise and he will be mained more.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I think what chic said is true, however it's unavoidable that Luigi won't rise, we have brought his meta game up. I would be surprised to see Luigi at the bottom of the D tier.
Check it out.

I knew it, that's not bad at all man in green.

TreK

Is "that guy"
i thought he would fall, i was wrong. naw i am happy 8D
lol
20th.... there's a 2 in it, so it's legit. +8 spots on next tier list guys.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Good ish, fellow Weegees! You guys got him moved up one!

Now, I'll stop being a lazy bum and try to win some tourneys for us. GGs!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i thought he would fall, i was wrong. naw i am happy 8D
lol
20th.... there's a 2 in it, so it's legit. +8 spots on next tier list guys.
I had a terrible feeling he would just drop too. But never doubt the man in green. :laugh:

I'm fine with Luigi's position.
Same, it's better than dropping or staying the same. And it also shows we're still making some effort into his meta-game and that Boss's **** still continues to live on. :)

Any ideas?
Agreed. I propose a Luigi Slumber Party at Genesis lol.

Tennet

Smash Champion
lol there are no strip clubs with little girls, so weegee mains aren't allowed to go to the legal one.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Can I pitch my idea of the family reunion. Florida, DC, or Boston is where I'll be for extended periods of time. Can we book a restaurant? Have some dinner?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
hippiedude92 said:
Agreed. I propose a Luigi Slumber Party at Genesis lol.
Gonna see if I can go to Genesis, (taking summer classes at college so hopefully can go for teh genesis weekend if there is no test that week...)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Screw you guys!! West Coast always gets left out!!! Now excuse me as I weep past hot blondes down Rodeo Drive.
I'll show you why you're left out.

The line of too far represents too much traveling for one year. I don't like traveling 8000 miles, much less 8001 or more.
No hard feelings, it's just the way things work, according to this map Cali is farthest away from everywhere. And because the world is flat, it's trouble getting to Cali.

Sorry Elheber, it's science.

Top Bottom