• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sauga Presentz: ~The Alphamale Biweekliez!~ ' Next Date: TBA MELEEE!

What's your vote for Bimonthly name?

• The Alphamale Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Unleash Your Madnan!! Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Adnan DOES HATE getting stroked

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • *insert the name of some seriously gay club + Chocolate *****es*

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MDK00

Smash Ace
You do have a point, MDK you play a great metaknight, you know what you are doing. So the god team is someone who knows how to play along with an amazing character

And MDK, don't encourage others to hawk you, they'll end up beating you, wouldn't that suck?
im not encouraging anything. i jus dont like how ppl make it seem like i only win cuz im metaknight, which is entirely not true. im pretty sure if i had picked a different character from the start i wud be jus as good.

if u think ur losin to metaknight and not me, you better think twice about that....

worldjem7

Smash Ace
You know, once I finally started liking Brawl and wanting to play it...I can't. Melee is stuck in my Wii. Which would be fine, if, you know, I didn't have a gamecube to play it on, making the whole situation really ********. Does anyone know about this? Basically it makes a buzzing sound and won't eject the game disk. It makes no sense.

mine buzzes too and it's really annoying but, my disc ejects just fine so I don't know what the problem would be.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
RESULTS

Singles:

1st: MDK
2nd: Bug
3rd: Switchblade
4th: Drix
5th: MykE
5th: Grey
7th: GI
7th: Meehow
9th: Kadeem
9th: Fox
9th: AL
9th: Danny
13th: Mari

Doubles:

1st: Team Metabotz (MDK+Switchblade)
2nd: Team Scrub5 (Drix+Kadeem)
3rd: Polak Gamerz (Bug+Meehow)
4th: Figgz (GI+AL)
5th: Team Cap'n Crunch (Fox+Danny)
5th: M&N (MykE+n1kk1)
7th: Team Hotstuffs (Andrew+Mari)

I'm gonna go and passout now *dies*

Gichan

Smash Champion
Thanks, nice to see the standings, 4th place doubles! Own! I know that might not be anything but I feel special. Man, 7th in singles, I know I could have pushed it to 5th, next time....

My sister will do better next time, last place! ****, her Marth needs work but she looks like she can get really good.

Can't wait for the next one, that community owned, for some odd reason I enjoyed losing to you guys more than Meadowvale, maybe just the fact that it was more relaxing and it was a cozy and fun atmosphere, thanks again for hosting, looking forward to the next one!!

MDK00

Smash Ace
first off I disagree. I think anyone can be good with metaknight just by picking up the controller

results in the following post
do me a favor... train with metaknight from now til the next time we meet, then money match me. gettin kinda tired about hearin ur nonsense about metaknight. plz stfu k? thnx

@grmo: lets do it!

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I lose to MK more than the player playing him since I rarely lose to characters besides MK :p:p:p

Whatever, I have a nice treat for you guys next time. Im training with a character hardcore from now on but you will have to wait and see who it is ;)

MDK00

Smash Ace
wow srsly thats pretty sad for all of u who complain about MK. if u feel that u are losin to a character and not the player, you shud consider yourself pretty garbage. basically what u r sayin is any person who uses this single char will have a huge advantage over urself. real "skilled" players will not have this problem

w/e now i remember why i dont post here. b/s

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
I never said the player behind MK doesnt matter but most of my losses are to MK, even tho I know wat hes gunna do, I cant do anything to stop it at times.

Nevertheless obviously the person is a big factor, I was just exaggerating on the whole MK thing, dont need to go all ape **** on me..this is getting stupid, wheres that easy button.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Melee Sheik
lol point and fact

ok rae you think its the player and not the char? keep in mind this game seems to be against balance. but hypothetically speaking, say we had a match in GGXX and I used kliff or justice and beat you with them. sure I won but only because I used a broken character that has quick and powerful lagless moves and it seems to be impossible to get past most moves. Now I'm not saying that this game is ANYWHERE NEAR as technical or has as much depth as GGXX, but this is the best example I can think of that that character selection DOES have a factor.

Now dont get me wrong, I was exaggerating in a joking manor like I ALWAYS AM, when I said all you need to do is pick up the controller to play a good MK. certainly it isnt that simple and some skill does come into play. but point and case, you dont even own this game, and it almost seems as if every person who plays MK doesnt own a copy of the game, but somehow most matches seem to handed to them on a silver platter. now if this was the case why wouldnt I pick up MK and practice at home if he was so broken? simply put, He's just not my style and I cant play this game alone because it's SO BORING alone. lol u think I play this game that much more than you since I own it? think again, minus the random occasion where I decide to play subspace or classic, I have about as much practice in this game as you.

Hell I'm not even saying ROB is any better either. alot of his "combos" are handed to him too.

-MK's tornado eats through shield, ROB's dsmash eats through shield
-MK has a good grab game, ROB has a good grab game
-MK has a good air game, ROB has a good air game
-MK has a really good approach, ROB has a decent approach but makes up for it with a mediocre camp game
-since there is almost no weight difference in this game, MK can combo any one to death off the edge AND ROB can wall of pain almost anyone to death.

so where am I going with this you might ask? simple, the one thing that MK has that ROB doesnt, is a proper KO move WHICH, MK seems to have 3 of and all 3 seem to be lagless.

Percon

Smash Lord
MK is one of those characters that, while very good, I can't use at all. (In melee, it was Shiek)

I almost do better with Brawl Falcon. Seriously. T_T Not my style, I guess.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
On the contrary to what people are saying, most of the US think Snake is faaar more broken than MK, loool.

>_>; Crap I didn't come this time, sorry, something came up.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Snake is broken, honestly. Right now we are just not seeing a pro snake player showing up to the events. MDK is winning right now but he'll have trouble when someone who plays snake comes in. We posted about this a little earlier, just not too much depth.

No matter what, we are all going to complain about the character being used that wins the most. Why in Texas did they ban IC chains? Cause an IC player wins too much. Why we hate Metaknight? He's owning our ***. Why hate Snake? Just hate him, for God's sake, he does 20% damage with a ****ing tilt move!

Now yes Metaknight does own, we've mentioned it but seriously, I can't play him, Switchblade can't play him AND Percon neither. So it does factor the player. I gotta bring up and example from saturday's tournament. There was this asian there by the name of Danny who never touched Metaknight, but on that day he watched MDK play a lot. Downstairs were some friendlies and he was actually doing very very well for a first attempt just by watching MDK! Meaning Ray(e) does actually have skill!

But on the contrary, balance is in effect. Why did people use Fox in melee? Cause he owned! Owned hard! Maybe a little too much. And now we are facing this problem once again. Metaknight, ROB, and G&W are in this game, we can't do anything about it, let's just try our best to own. Cause in the end Metaknight may not always be in the top, look at melee now and you see at least 5-6 characters owning, not just Fox.

Anyways, I'm done, I'll just play my girlfriend's metaknight over and over and maybe find a weakness.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
the thing is that ive played the best snakes in america..DSF, dannykat..and I can handle snake, its just MK -.-

but w/e, screw this arguement its pointless. MDK and Minus are good with MK, end of discussion.

gg and drix IC rock. So fun watching CG's

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
wow, some hardcore bull**** these past two pages.

I wanna say keep it up, but it's stupid annoying talk about a character.

Metaknight is gay, ****ing deal with it lol. Don't like it? stfu and quit competitive smash :\ I'd like to see some shoutouts more rather than johns plz.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Rae, don't let them get you down.

Gay and good are synonymous in the world of competitive gaming, and if you're making someone complain, you know you're doing something right.

I wanna play you!!

lols

Sanu

Smash Champion
metaknight may be fast and lagless, but lets not forget the player behind the controller...

i've played other metaknights and beaten them w/o too much trouble. everyone who was there yesterday needs to take a closer look at things. MK can be beaten. watch your vids against me closely.
You do realize that tiers DO exist, right? Regardless, *****ing about a character is lol. Keep winning those matches RaE.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
On the contrary to what people are saying, most of the US think Snake is faaar more broken than MK, loool.
Snake vs Metaknight is MURDER for Metaknight.
You basically feel as light as paper, while you're fighting this allmost unmovable object.
Basically winning is possible, but their allowed to screw up like 4x as much as you are.

Also, its not like eeeveryone around here is picking up Metaknight and owning people, if you look at the top players its only me and Mdk.

Also, we have 2 good Snake players..... Delorted and Percon, you guys just haven't had to face them yet lol..... that'll probably end up ticking you off more depending on your character.

WHO THE FUCK IS MINUS?!?!?!

caps
yeah he changed his name cause he's a runawayF@GG0T

(you had to be here about 3 months ago)
Stationary Water > Minus
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Umm yeah Minus is basically my new name, kinda all started with the 5 letter brawl tag limit. (Not that I'm still not Runawayfire lol)
The name is from the main character of this webcomic that I love, and the character is actually a girl believe it or not.

Check it out if you're so inclined:

http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus37.html
http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus10.html
http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus4.html
http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus23.html

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
>_> Nate, don't get me wrong btw, I'm not bashing or anything, if it sounded like it.

D; And Jake won't play me online.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Oh I wasn't reffering to you in particular or anything.... I was kind of adressing the whole thread...

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol me? get down? to listenin to switchblades infinite b/s? yah rite.

@switchblade: lemme expose u right now...
has anyone every watch this guy play his **** rob? i read his **** like a 1 pg book with only 3 words. dude i can expose your every movement right here and now...
- short up n-air
> if whiffs rollback > if opponent follows = d-smash
> if whiffs rollback > if opponent doesnt follow = beyblade / beam
> if connects follow up with combo

that above mention is more then 90% of what you do and you do nothing special. you need to learn how to play on instinct and not by a play book.

so me being better then you... well if rob is gunna do a stupid n-air with no purpose obviously i will take FULL ADVANTAGE OF THIS and use tornado because it is the only atk that can beat it. or if im at good distance i will dash in blk and grab that ***.

dude u r garbage. let it be known.

dont ever talk about guilty gear ever again srsly. if u think u can win with justice or kliff BY ALL ***** MEANS PICK THEM. i'll even give u infinite bar and we'll see who wins.

as long as your in this competitive scene act competitive or professional please. i **** play guilty gear and there is a character with ef'in unblockables. UNBLOCKABLES THAT LEAD INTO MORE UNBLOCKABLE SETUPS. we dont sit and complain about it we sit and **** strategize how to win.

the reason im probably much better then u or a few others who dont have the game is cuz of my large experience in playing fighting games in general. also not to mention alot of my knowledge from ssb64. may not be the same game but alot of core concepts are there. infact i play this game instinctively that its like ssb64 jus with new chars and new techs that werent in ssb64 like side dodge.

but one of the things that probably and most definitely separates me from you is the amount of vids i watch and how i depict them that combined with the knowledge i take from every person i play. i watch an unbelievable amount of ssbb vids and keep mental notes. yeah sure you may watch the same amount of vids. but odds are when you watch vids u prolly sit there say 'omfg i wish i cud be as good as that rob player omfg hes so awesome" and have an orgasim. me i sit there and analyze. how is my character controlin space. how is dishin out dmg without receivin dmg and other small details like how can i put my opponent in a position that i can tech chase him etc etc. your mind doesnt even ponder about things like this.

the reason i decided to get into this game and not melee was for the fact that it was less demanding of controller skill. i have no doubt that i could master it but not havin the console wud definitely take its toll on me. with this game i didnt have to worry about that (same with ssb64). otherwise str8 up i bet u i cud sweep ur *** in melee as well along with ur years of experience.

i could go on forever talking about the difference about me and you and why you suck and i dont but this is jus turning into a novel.

c'mon man you noe me enuff already. you think that if you say all this b/s ima sit around and take that? regardless of whether your directin your MK talks to me or not i take that offensively. its like me sayin yo matt ur garbage and the only reason why you win is cuz rob is top tier. you need to change that mentality and realize that if someone beats you its because you lack skill and knowledge.

anyways ima jus say wut i told JL and ambrose...

WHERE IS MY MONEY?

MDK00

Smash Ace
Don't worry Rae, don't let them get you down.

Gay and good are synonymous in the world of competitive gaming, and if you're making someone complain, you know you're doing something right.

I wanna play you!!

lols
lol true say. ya i wanna play against u too.

call me an a$$hole, but i dont like when ppl disrespect my skill. i put effort into what i do and for people to tell me my character is doing all the work is absolute b/s. but ur right drolian, if im gettin ppl this upset i must be doing a d@mn amazing job :laugh:

ps. *** all da h8rs :)
talk money, or dont talk at all simple...
easy!

btw can some1 link me to the stage discussion? this site loads too slow for me to searchin around for it thnx.

MDK00

Smash Ace
you know what another thing i failed to mention is that tornado is not as great as you would think it is.

watch ANY match with me vs bug. i noticed it myself but i wus tryin to see if i cud fix the problem but he seems to DI out of tornado then airdodge and punish the lag on landin. he does this on consistent basis too so it is very possible.

@nate: is that why u dont to tornado? if so it doesnt really matter too much yet. not alot of ppl can do this.

also jus some tips for u MK crybabies. ^B doesnt really combo and can be side dodged. but seeing as i know this i try to get smart with it and wait for u to side dodge THEN do it lol *******es... learn to react on sight, although i admit the move comes at an alarmin rate although i do know ppl who make me think twice about usin the move...

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
haha joker, thats ok..all those matches are build ups for when it will really count :D

anyways, Id wide as well start the shoutouts.

Switchblade - Thanks for hosting it man, despite the attendance it was still an awesome time. Also a nice ROB as well..those neutral airs are killers.

MDK - lol gg like always man, you know that special day is coming where ill beat you in a tourney match :p also, great commenting..I am constantly laughing when watching the vids.

Adnan - Even though you came late it was still cool to have you there especially with the awesome monotone commentating lol.

GI - Joker man, always makes me laugh when he plays..good to see you were there and hopefully we can finish high in the niagara tourney.

Fox - "I dont need practice" haha we had to tease him for the rest of the night. Next time youll think twice before saying that in a brawl room lol. Nevertheless still a good player and person, glad to see you didnt bail on GI.

Meehow - you suck, get owned much? noob. right after I beat you..that easy button was calling my name. lolol.

Drix - I loved watching you play as Ice climbers, kept me watching the screen and it was entertaining. crazy CG's ..hope for rematch next time.

Kadeem - pretty good falco man, keep up the good work. I didnt see you use his chaingrab, maybe thats something to consider for next time.

Grey - Nice rob man, man..staying quiet that whole time got up in MDK's grill hehe. Youll get him next time.

Myke - Great kirby and marth..you actually scared me in that last match, man that was close. Just keep working on em and youll be at the top in no time. Props for droppin in all the way from orangeville.

Nikki - haha that doubles was fun, just need to work on MK a bit more, im sure myke will help you get better.

Mari - gg

Danny - That snake is alot better now man, keep coming to these events and youll be great in no time. I will even help you with him next time. Hope to see you next time.

Yup, me and meehow will run doubles next time but I need a doubles partner for Niagara :( since hes a softy and not coming.

I have 3 mains, my first main is GW as you all know.
my second is ..youll see next time
and my third is ..youll see next time :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol me? get down? to listenin to switchblades infinite b/s? yah rite.

@switchblade: lemme expose u right now...
has anyone every watch this guy play his **** rob? i read his **** like a 1 pg book with only 3 words. dude i can expose your every movement right here and now...
- short up n-air
> if whiffs rollback > if opponent follows = d-smash
> if whiffs rollback > if opponent doesnt follow = beyblade / beam
> if connects follow up with combo

that above mention is more then 90% of what you do and you do nothing special. you need to learn how to play on instinct and not by a play book.
you make no sense. if that worked on everyone but two people at this thing, why the hell would he have any reason to NOT do that?

if nair spam and roll --> d-smash/projectile ***** everything but a few characters why wouldn't he abuse it?

instinct is overrated. if he has a strat that works with near 90% consistency then there's literally no reason to stop doing it until the other dude starts countering it.

MDK00

Smash Ace
you make no sense. if that worked on everyone but two people at this thing, why the hell would he have any reason to NOT do that?

if nair spam and roll --> d-smash/projectile ***** everything but a few characters why wouldn't he abuse it?

instinct is overrated. if he has a strat that works with near 90% consistency then there's literally no reason to stop doing it until the other dude starts countering it.

jesus f*cking christ.
*****in? who the *** r u? that cannot work on everyone. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ABUSE AND THE OPPONENT KNOWS ITS COMIN

bak off me homo

Top Bottom