• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sauc3's bus to POUND 4

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Ok so sauc3 asked somebody to make a thread to see how many people want to go to pound 4

POST UP

BUS COST: $2,000

Cost per person for
40 people - $40
48 MAX

1. sauc3
2. Mikey
3. Raidos
4. Nickcam
5 avarice
6 jpobs
7 ubermage
8 anthony
9 holy
10 kingace
11 gi

JPOBS

Smash Hero
add JPOBS to the list
ya

and realize that the more people that go the cheaper i will be for everyone.

70 for a trip to maryland and back isnt that bad considering flights are easily over 300 bucks and it'll be jokes.

spread the word and get people interested, pound 4 is gonna be the biggest tourny ever

KingAce

Smash Ace
dunno whats going on im going with decoy for now but if theres enough interest and decoy decides to do the bus then im interested

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sign me up. i ****ing gotta find a way to get the $100 for the passport though...dammit! But I'll do it, good thread idea. And I hope decoy decides to do the bus, lolol, makes it cheaper for everyone.

And I also wanna say, most of us should try to get to pound 4 to have at least one (more) experience in the USA, since I can see someone of us probably quitting in the next year.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Dude. Find a cheaper chartered bus. I'm serious. I know they're not cheap, but 3 grand is just ridiculous. It's a 9 hour drive. Despite border fees, it shouldn't be much more than a charter bus to say montreal which is the same distance. Keep shopping around.

100$ is way too much to ask, considering 30 people is REALLY pushing it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Wow brose posts after 100 million years, whats up man, also Mikey, you should make a list of people who will go if there is interest. I also agree with Iliad, cheaper bus please.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i will keep looking, you guys have to realise that its a 5 day long trip, and the driver needs a hotel room for this time.

I will email more bus companies, but the general consensis is around 3500 dollars,

we need to rent a van

Iliad

Smash Lord
5 day trip...? Wtf.

Bro. It's a 9 hour straight drive. I've map quested it from my house. We're not going to ****ing California for Genesis, which would only be a 2 day trip. We're going to Maine/Delaware.

You're getting cheated hard. Especially if that bus has no washrooms or outlets. I'm honestly flabberghasted. It's a 9 hour drive. We'd be driving for like 2 hours and stopping each day. That makes no sense whatsoever.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Hamilton&1s=ON&2c=Frederick&2s=MD&2a=797+E+Patrick+St

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yeah, we need a better alternative, I mean, the bus thing didn't bother me too much, I mean if there is potentially like 30-40 of us, and Iliad the alcoholic (LOL, jokes sexy), there's bound to be tooo much conversation. But five days is too much with no washrooms...and no where to sleep unless we do a pile or some ****ing ****.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this will help any of you, butttt, w/e I'm posting anyhow.

If any of you have a G liscense, just rent a van from Budget. My family did that last year to take 11 of us down to Florida. I can assure you that it will be cheaper than $3100, and it only took us 1 day, with 3 people driving.

I don't care really, as I have no intention of going to Pound.

sauc3

Smash Lord
omg guys its not 5 days to get to maryland

the duration of the trip is 5 days, we need to rent the bus for this long.

Xelyst

-_-
I'll try to make it to this ...

If not... Ben get PC to sign my melee disc! XD

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I forgot to mention that there might be an age restriction(you might need a G liscense AND be a certain age, for the slow folks <3), but I'll ask my parents when I get home.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea im pretty sure u have to be atleast 25 to rent a van..

anyway, lol obviously both brawl and melee players are invited.

Xelyst

-_-
lol i don't think i can go cause my proof of citizenship is with the package i sent it to get my citizen status card =/ i need that **** to get my passport

i don't know what else i can do =(

*zen is depressed and pathetically waits for a hyped livestream link*

sauc3

Smash Lord
ok good news, got a pretty cheap quote,
this is for the full round trip, we'd just have to play for the bus drivers room (its about a 9 hour drive.
Good day,

As per the information you have provided us with in your email. Our price for a School bus will be as follows;

Jan16-18 2010

1 x 48 Passenger "Activity" School bus (With compartments)
Air-ride & Tinted Windows

$2,000.00 + Group responsible to book & pay for drivers room.

Upon receipt, if you are interested in booking with our office feel free to contact us at our office lines or via email.

We look forward on hearing back from you and allowing Transtario Tours to provide us with our services.

Kindly

Betzy Quijada
Transtario Tours Inc.
Phone: 905 775 1010 Toll free: 1 866 275 1010
Fax: 905 775 1060 Website: www.transtario.com

Mikey7

Smash Lord
If we get 40, thats 50 bucks a person which is amazing

EVERYONE POST UP IF THEY WANT TO GO, MELEE PEOPLE, OTTAWA, ALL MONTREAL, ALL YOU GUYS

Top Bottom