• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAST 2, Tucson AZ Oct 13th (Today!) read news!

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if I am too late but I am in the Phoenix area and I wouldn't mind going if there are some other people close by that want to go

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I dunno if I am too late but I am in the Phoenix area and I wouldn't mind going if there are some other people close by that want to go
Is this the Idaho dude that I played at my place that one day?

If so would you have car and willing to drive a couple of us?

CHUK

Smash Ace
Rob West, I was born in Mission Hills and grew up in LA whe I was little what is Mission Hills like?

AXE 09

Smash Master
DUDE OMG SONIC!!!!!!!! holy shiz! dude sonic freakin rox! lol dang. i definately wanna make sonic one of my mains... unless they make him suck, but i doubt it:) speed ftw

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
10AM people show up
10 - 11PM registration
11PM start doubles
after doubles will be a lunch break of 30 mins
2PM pools, after pools singles and end at 9PMish

So are these times finalized? Also my another one of my friends (Z#!) will be coming as well.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
So this is my last time asking....if I get no response then I'm not coming.

Is ANYONE able to give me and corey a ride there...as well as possiblly rob if he hasnt found a ride?

I will chip in for gas.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Aighty..so BluDAT is trying to call in a favor to get off work...if he can he will be able to give me and corey as well as you Rob if you need it, a ride to the tourney....its still not a def...but its the best i got so far.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I thought all the socal people going were in that crew except me?

Leaving me without a teammate T_T

killer tofu

Smash Lord
I'm not in the crew neither is lesheik lol. And i don't think gimpy is either. but they said it was a secret lol. Wanna team for this?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Do any Phoenix homies want to get in some quality practice tomorrow or friday? Anytime after 10AM I'm free...

And yes, this means coming to my place, lol... unless you're Brandon because I NEED TO GET MY COPY OF SMASH BACK!!!

Also, I guess nobody from SoCal is housing with me, lol, nobody's said anything... oh wellz...

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I think SoCal probably wants to be housed together and they noticed STB first. idk, Coty's place looks like it'd be nice for housing people. There's a bed, a sofa, and carpet. I guess SoCal can do a match to determine who gets sofa (in other words, Mango and Gimpyfish will have a match)

I might be able to do it, Coty. idk if you might inject me with cyanide for wasting your 777th post :[

Sorry bout that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How are pools going to work? Top 2 advance?

And what are the rules on banning? Can you ban neutrals?

R.U. da 1?

Smash Rookie
man i really want to go... this would be my first tournament and would probably have my *** (butt) handed to me.... but i'd still like to go... i live in northern arizona, so if anyone happens to be in or around that area and would like to give me a ride that would be really nice yeah? :confused:

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
How are pools going to work? Top 2 advance?

And what are the rules on banning? Can you ban neutrals?
you mean strike a neutral from first round pick?

also, tonight or tomorrow i will type up a complete list of rules and stuff for the tourney, bsaically **** that i'll print out and have at a desk somewhere near the computer that will run brackets.

edit/ crap double post was an accident and didn't even catch it.

pools will be 8 pools of around 8 players with top 4 advance

killer tofu

Smash Lord
He means after the first match. When the loser counter picks. Can you ban neutral stages? Say final destination for example.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i explained the counterpicks to gamer, and i think it's going to be...

after first match, you can ban a counter pick stage before the opponent picks the CS stage. Neutrals cannot be banned. (if im not mistaken :p)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
banning neutrals in dumb, they're NEUTRAL. you can ban them on first round only. but yes, one counterpick can be banned but mike the SCC rules said that you choose which cp stage to ban at the START of the set, after characters are chosen but before the random pick

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
well that works too, it's the same thing basically, i always do it after the first match, it's pretty irrelevant lol.

when you say ban them first round only you mean for the random select, right?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Sean: Tony has work off and might go, and we've been discussing team strategy, so he's kind of slated to be my partner if he goes. The downside is that the current driving situation is making it more and more likely that he won't be able to find a spot, and he really doesn't want to drive. So since I'm looking at having no teammate again, then we may be able to work something out.

He gets priority though, since we really want revenge on Mango and Lucky. I'm sure you understand.

Trent: As per above, is there any room for Tony in the car? We want revenge.

Mango and Lucky: Revenge....

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Sean: Tony has work off and might go, and we've been discussing team strategy, so he's kind of slated to be my partner if he goes. The downside is that the current driving situation is making it more and more likely that he won't be able to find a spot, and he really doesn't want to drive. So since I'm looking at having no teammate again, then we may be able to work something out.

He gets priority though, since we really want revenge on Mango and Lucky. I'm sure you understand.

Trent: As per above, is there any room for Tony in the car? We want revenge.

Mango and Lucky: Revenge....
Revenge...
Why soo much hate? Don't being like socal now. It's all fun and games. *laughs histerically*

EDIT: Why are you people up soo late?

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Im pretty certain their should be...I mean we did fit like 6 people and a tv and camera equipment in my car with no ac for a trip to tucson once...whats stopping us from puttin 4 people in a car made for 3 possibly?

MAXXXXXXXXXXPOWER...is there room?

Also I will more than likely be teaming with corey...should be interesting..yanno...puff samus >_<

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Im pretty certain their should be...I mean we did fit like 6 people and a tv and camera equipment in my car with no ac for a trip to tucson once...whats stopping us from puttin 4 people in a car made for 3 possibly?

MAXXXXXXXXXXPOWER...is there room?

Also I will more than likely be teaming with corey...should be interesting..yanno...puff samus >_<
I think there should be enough room. So who's going, then? You, Corey, Rob, and Tony? I think this can be done. Just a couple of things, though:

How am I going to pick all of you guys up? Will you meet at one place so I can hit three birds with one stone?

Can I plz has gas $ halp? I are a poor Mexican.

You guys will probably need a ride back, as well amirite? How will that work out?

Hit me back, son.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
just to let everyone know i don think sv will be making it.. sv transportation.... well we have none... our transportation was changed and J will not be able to give us a lift .........so.............. yea... (like i was gonna go anyway) H3 is out lol but yea... thot i'd let u know Jeff (Axe) will prolly make it lol

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
SV makes me sad.

Anywoodle, Trent and whoever is riding with me. Get at me sons.

SoCal: Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow. Call/Text me at 623.313.4364 if you guys have problems finding the place or have any other questions.

Hanki & Butters: Hopefully I'll see you guys tomorrow as well.

I took the day off work, so I'll be ready for you guys tomorrow. Good times.

Top Bottom