• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAST 2, Tucson AZ Oct 13th (Today!) read news!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
"(Not Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise. If you feel otherwise, please post and express why)"

well why not? i mean those are pretty much standard stages, right? if im not mistaken eve MLG allowed those as counterpicks.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
****it, apparently the boards didn't like my message when I wrote it yesterday. Here goes again.

Here are 2 formulas for tournament time:

Total time for brackets to finish (in minutes) = 5n(k-1)/TV
Total time for a dbl elim bracket to finish = 20n/TV

n = total number of participants (# of teams for teams)
k = number of people per pool
TV = Number of TV's available

I'll write up how I got these in my bracket theory post. (Which I'm saving for my 1000th post)

Hanki+Butters: We'll need to get to Tucson at 9Am, which means leaving at like 7Am. Would you be able to be in phoenix at 7? Or do you think you would need to stay over friday night?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

I'll write up how I got these in my bracket theory post. (Which I'm saving for my 1000th post)

ok, if you get the time estimate before your bracket theory post is done just PM it to me or something

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
****it, apparently the boards didn't like my message when I wrote it yesterday. Here goes again.

Hanki+Butters: We'll need to get to Tucson at 9Am, which means leaving at like 7Am. Would you be able to be in phoenix at 7? Or do you think you would need to stay over friday night?

This is hanki, why do we need to be there at 9? lulz we dont even know what time the thing starts. So we need to be AT your house by 7? hmm...We might have to wake up at like 5-ish............ moar dots, ill talk to Zach about it, kaykay dan

EDIT: G-MO i saw pics of j00 nekkid /"")_(""\

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
This is hanki, why do we need to be there at 9? lulz we dont even know what time the thing starts. So we need to be AT your house by 7? hmm...We might have to wake up at like 5-ish............ moar dots, ill talk to Zach about it, kaykay dan

It starts at 10, but people bringing equipment have to be there at 9.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

WHAT!!! I made sure I deleted all of the film! FGSFDS!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Televisions

I alone am going to try and bring 5 TVs for this tournament. Tai is bringing 2, tag should have one and altf4 should have one. all together that's 9, but i have a small one and tai has a small one so right now it seems we have

7 TVs for tournament play
2 smaller TVs designated for friendlies.

Now i think that having at least 8 TVs for Tourney play is a necesity. so if anyone can bring more TVs, either bigger ones for oturney or smaller ones for friendlies, please let me know immediately. (please no laggy TVs lol)

and all people bringing cubes, wii's, or the game also MAKE SURE YOU BRING IT!!!!!! these are just as important as the TVs. i will have a cube, wii, and two copies of the game.e

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
SOrry Phoenix guys, but we only have the room for 13 hours, but the tournament is for that 11 hours. So Its important that we get people here at 9.

Hyvin

Smash Rookie
I checked with my friend again he's gonna be able to make it. How's the parking down there anyway?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah josh, come for sure but i'm not going to sell food at the tournament since its on campus and surrounded by food places. but come for sure it'll be a lot of fun. do you have any extra TVs? i'm bringing 5

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
So are you socal guys staying with us? I need to know, so I can take the day off work, so you aren't by yourselves.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Yeah we are. If that's cool with you. Also, i need your address if you could send me that by pm that would be great. And thank you in advance!!!!

And mango promises to play as many friendlies as you want!

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Attention Dan!

I think we will crash at the Banditos house the night before, and then come over to your crib so we dont gotta wake up at 4 yo. That cool with the Banditos and you Dan?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah we are. If that's cool with you. Also, i need your address if you could send me that by pm that would be great. And thank you in advance!!!!

And mango promises to play as many friendlies as you want!
Yayuhzz. What time will you guys be here on Friday? I'll give you the address after I post this message.

Attention Dan!

I think we will crash at the Banditos house the night before, and then come over to your crib so we dont gotta wake up at 4 yo. That cool with the Banditos and you Dan?
That's fine by me, pimp. What time do you guys want to be here? I plan for this day to be epical.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
maxx, now that i think about it we're proabbly going to get there rather late, aroudn 11 or 12. it's a 7ish hour drive, and mango lucky and dehf are still in highschool, i think they get off at 3.

i'll talk to them about not going, but i'm not sure if that will be alright with their parents ><.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Cool. That's cool. Just let me know. If you guys can convince their parents to let them go early, then I'll take the day off work, if you can't, I'll have to go to work. The sooner you let me know, the better.

Also, what time and how will we get the PV kids to Dan's house?

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Well i hate to make you guys drive us over there, but Dan wants to leave his place by 7 I believe it was, so i dunno how long it takes to get from your place to Dans :p Anywayz, i really have no idea what time we will get to your house, probably depends on when we wake up and stuff lol. Zach is coming over today so ill talk about the Mom driving situation with him today. Kay kay

CHUCKY!??!?!?!CHUCKY??!?!?!CHUCKY?!?!?! I must see chucky!!!! :O where is he? me and butters gots to see him!!!

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
maxx, now that i think about it we're proabbly going to get there rather late, aroudn 11 or 12. it's a 7ish hour drive, and mango lucky and dehf are still in highschool, i think they get off at 3.

i'll talk to them about not going, but i'm not sure if that will be alright with their parents ><.
I get out of school at 12:30 on fri. so I'll prob be ready around 1 or 2

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Aight so I'm still talkin to Joe about this.

I really want to come.

Doing mass amounts of work this weekend so I have next weekend free.

If Joe doesn't want to do the drive, Dark could you possibly give me a ride? (will pay for some gas)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Chipotle - University Square
905 E University Blvd. Unit 149
Tucson, AZ 85719
520-628-7967 (phone)
520-628-7928 (fax)
1 miles away

wow, rapesies, now to convince gimpyfish to come, if he comes, 5 more socalers.

HOLY ****, now that i look at the street, is this on campus?

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
nah Chipotle isn't really on campus but it's only a 5 minute walk from where the tourney is going to be held, lots of other good places to eat on University.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm not exactly sure how I'm getting to this... I was told by gamerguitarist over AIM that the STB's had room and had said they would drive me--if I understood wrong, I apologize--but I'd just like to clarify some time before the weekend actually arrives.

I think I'm going to be going Peach this tournament. I have a lot to learn about her, and it would probably be best if I played as her to do it. I might go IC's if I play Mango though :D I'd be honored to play him.+

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i'm sure g-mo will post in here soon to confirm. but he told me you could get a ride and i told him you said it was cool, but we'll wait for him to confirm. Peach is ******** though, you shuold use someone else if i get the chance to (finally) play against you

edit/ wobbles some utah scrubs are tlaking about you lol http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103783 last page

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well Chipotle is definitely close to here. It is close enough to walk to from the tournament. I say it is 5 min walk from the Student Union, where the tourney is held.

Oh yea, I forgot.

BRING POWER STRIPS PLEASE!

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
(AltF4 posting on Alicia's account to save my 1000th post):

We gotta be at the venue at 9, and it's a 2 hour drive from Fenix to Tuckson. Thus, by the amazing powers of subtraction: we have to leave at 7am. You guys remember where my place was, or do you want me to give you the address again?

Oh, and I'll bring an assortment of random equipment like cables and stuff that usually comes in handy.

Lucky and Mango, and now possibly Gimpyfish? I gotsta play me some gimpyfish. Forward gives him high praise.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think I'm coming if I can get access to my bank account to this week :O

Top Bottom