• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

a rookie

Smash Ace
For teams in the registration, where do you put your team mates smash name? Or is it when they register for singles, they automatically know? Cuz all it says is, Team name, Team member 1: Email, First Name, Last Name. A little confused D=

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Don't worry about the registration. It got up a little bit too late, so we're just going to do everything at the door.

MacD

Banned via Administration
So can no one in SD seriously get m2k???

is there a chance that anyone could at least get him from the airport at 10:30am friday morning?

anyone know how to contact the SD brawlers? anything would be helpful so that i don't have to get him, i wanna be like a last resort type of thing

if not then i'll probably end up making the drive, though if someone could at least get him and take him as far north as possible that'd be really cool

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'm playing on Friday.
I'm up for playing ultra seriously. This meaning that we play sets instead of single matches and really try to learn and play carefully every match.
I don't know how many of you are up for it considering that it's kind of giving a potential tournament opponent foreknowledge of your strategies and style, but I don't have issue with that.
I'm all for making all of us better. Also, I figure WGF will have a good number of entrants so there is a reduced chance that we will play each other in pools/brackets.

-Jesse

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
i would, but i kinda have to set up for gamesfest.

@macd
please someone take this up. i have class, but this really shouldnt be a question. we all want to get involved and this is a relatively easy way to do it. Someone should be able to, ill lend you my car if needed.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Andrew/Pat/Engdrew,

What can the uninvolved do to help with set-up? Is help needed?
If so, when can we help?

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
bring any tv or setup you have on friday. ask engdrew for anything else. i think pat basically labels each tv with a number and gives out the pools & brackets. what a lazy *** ;)

@pat
If we can figure something then im down to run singles and have you play. i have a feeling you might do better and since its our big tourny and your last one as an official ucsd student you should be able to play if you want.

edit: also ask engdrew for more deatials

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Me too! Can someone play me a lot on Brinstar? (LOL I know) It's my most hated stage after Dreamland, and I'd like to at least be able to cp there in tourney. Sunny knows to never ban Brinstar against me in a real match cuz he knows I'd never cp there haha. Jesse, I also wanna try Zelda/Sheik against you. I think your Peach match up is so solid I probably wouldn't play Peach against you unless it was a stage I really like (yoshi's!) haha.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
last minute but does ne one wanna team for wgf? I play falco and fox. ima b at the lodge tomorrow so lmk if ne one wanna team

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Alright so here's how I want to break down the registration process:

2 people to collect money - one for brawl, one for melee (Elaine, someone who can do math)
4 people to do sign ups - 2 for each game, we'll merge the tio files for each pair (Me, Andrew, Sheridan, _ )
1 person to log setups (someone who isn't clumsy)

As far as the setup log goes, it's probably just going to be an excel spread sheet with columns for: Name, TV, Gamecube, Wii.
Name is self explanatory
TV will have the game in use and it's respective TV #
GC/Wii will have the serial number located on the console.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
dude eric why are you so terrible on peach's best stages o.0

also can't wait to play you guys tomorrow! we should invite anyone in the SD area for WGF to smash with us at the lodge!

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
UCSD WGF.

Tomorrow. I expect every single person to bring their TV's to PC Ballroom A/B between the times of 4:30pm and 9pm. Call me for drop off location because we will get the barrier lifted up so you can pull right up to the back entrance of the bookstore/where the fountain is.

I know you all want to play, but if you're going to play, promise you'll bring the TV's the next morning as early as possible. (I will be there Saturday around 7am)

I hope you all brought your hype.

btw I'm already housing 6 hahaha...(including Miharu etc.)

We'll be setting up/playing on library walk from 10am - 4pm, then moving directly to the ballrooms.

Jun.

Smash Lord
can UCSD melee players have some kind of VIP badges or something

they don't really need to mean anything

I think we would just feel better about ourselves.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
consoles...if you feel comfortable, leave them there overnight friday through sunday. it would save us a lot of time documenting who brought what. but if not, bring them saturday morning.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
UCSD WGF.

Tomorrow. I expect every single person to bring their TV's to PC Ballroom A/B between the times of 4:30pm and 9pm. Call me for drop off location because we will get the barrier lifted up so you can pull right up to the back entrance of the bookstore/where the fountain is.

I know you all want to play, but if you're going to play, promise you'll bring the TV's the next morning as early as possible. (I will be there Saturday around 7am)

I hope you all brought your hype.

btw I'm already housing 6 hahaha...(including Miharu etc.)

We'll be setting up/playing on library walk from 10am - 4pm, then moving directly to the ballrooms.
What's the latest you would want to have the T.V.'s arrive to the Ballroom?

I ask because I'll be staying on campus tomorrow night so I will technically be here early Saturday morning. If everyone wants to play tomorrow night they can just leave the TV's in the lodge and I can go by Saturday morning, pick them up and drive them to the drop-off location.

Let me know.

-Jesse

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I will be the last one leaving the ballroom. 9pm.

But I have to take care of manyyyyyyyy other things around that time...so you can make my life easier, or play smash..it's up to you hahaha

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
okay how about this. all you guys have to promiseeeee me. no matter how late you play...bring your tv's between 8-10am saturday.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Okay. I guess it's up to the individual TV owners. I would be willing to wake up early on Sat. to take any stray TV's to you around 7, should there be any.

But...I suggest everyone just take their televisions in later today. It probably would make things a lot easier. haha.

EDIT:

Listen to Andrew.
If it will be impossible for you to bring it Sat. morning between 8-10, let me know.
I'll keep it with me and I'll take it in.
559-942-0509

Bryan

Smash Rookie
i won't be able to make it to WGF but i'd like to drop by UCSD and play today

where do i go if i want to play some smash? the lodge? ballroom?

Jun.

Smash Lord
You have to play in tournaments if you want to play friendlies at the lodge. UCSD regulations don't allow people from the public to be on campus premises without having valid purpose such as a tournament and/or organization meetings. Sorry =[

I'm dead kidding.

People will probably be at the lodge from about 2pm-forever.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
btw we're playing FFA falcon on hyrule temple on library walk right now....what has the world come to

Top Bottom