• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
yo pat im down to help run the tourney this weekend. im thinking of only entering teams anyway so i'll have some free time, etc. im mostly interested in just hanging out with everyone

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Jun if this game is ruining any lives, it's mine/Yuta's. I was with him until literally 30 seconds ago. I hate this game.

Edit
loool yea we stopped smashing a long time ago... we were just chilling... at BK... for 3 and a half hours -____-

and for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, these Sheik dittos are pure brilliance. It's like an art. European Sheiks are so entertaining to watch, and these 2 are definitely my favorite. They're both so ridiculously good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8jm4DMelqc

1:52 and 2:17 just blew my mind

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
Jun if this game is ruining any lives, it's mine/Yuta's. I was with him until literally 30 seconds ago. I hate this game.
what are you talking about...?
who do you claim you were with just now at burger king??
deff not me.

-i hate this game as well.

yo pat im down to help run the tourney this weekend. im thinking of only entering teams anyway so i'll have some free time, etc. im mostly interested in just hanging out with everyone
yoooo charlesss, where you beennn

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
and for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, these Sheik dittos are pure brilliance. It's like an art. European Sheiks are so entertaining to watch, and these 2 are definitely my favorite. They're both so ridiculously good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8jm4DMelqc

1:52 and 2:17 just blew my mind
One of the youtube comments says it best IMO "Damn Ice is a straight up assassin. Amsah's so smart though" 2:17 is really good.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Its not really a peach notebook

its supposed to be for all matchups. I just started with peach because I'm shaky in the matchup. Marco gave me the idea and its great.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
A notebook for Peach? PEACH?!?!?

I don't need no stinkin' notebook for Peach.

=D :awesome: :cool:

What I need is a notebook for Marth.

And Falco.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
A notebook for Peach? PEACH?!?!?

I don't need no stinkin' notebook for Peach.
This guy knows what he's talking about. Peach is a terrible character, all you gotta do is play her like she is one. I regret not sticking with Sheik all those years ago. Jesse if I had to play you in tourney, I'd seriously probably go Zelda LOL (and Sheik if you go Falcon). Your Peach game is too ridiculous :(

I need a notebook for bowser.

Eric. Dont mm davids marth. Youre gonna get *****.
I can't believe even you're doubting me. Whatever, I'll just have to prove you wrong. Your opinion won't change my mind. What kind of noob needs a notebook for Bowser?

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
notebook entry vs falco

- stand on platforms. el fin.
I was thinking about that...

The worst thing I could do is approach from above with any sort of aerial attack.
Against you, I think I was trying to shield poke with a shine or just trying to pressure you with a shine from below through the platform which, if my tech skill were any good, would lead to standard pillaring.

I think a solution to this would be to jump on the platform, but position Falco behind Marth. Marth's typically don't want to be above a Falco so I figure you'll be shielding until I do something stupid. If Falco is behind Marth, this really reduces a lot Marth's attack options. You would probably want to re-establish your spacing or you might try for the grab. Whatever you do, I think this would give me enough time to grab/shine/tilt/etc.

Also, I could probably just jump onto the opposing platform and counter-camp and shoot lasers until you come down. Actually, I could just shoot lasers at Marth the whole match, dash dance here and there, feign an approach and then continue lasering until I can approach safely with Nair. =D

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Thank goodness you weren't in it at the time! :D
oh for real thats what im saying. somebody Upstairs still likes me lol. thanks!

..still kinda sucks that i cant get around for the time being -____- ..so whos got a civic hatchback theyre tryna get rid of? lol. im thinking of just getting an older car and fixing up/restoring it instead of getting something from a dealership

Jun.

Smash Lord
no.

the moment you get on a platform to counter camp i'll run off the platform and position myself slightly to the side under you. Then you're at a clear disadvantage because of my utilt/aerials covering the air.

Standing on the platform is also a way to avoid being stuck in shield. On the ground everyone needs to shield lasers therefore welcoming falco for a unbeatable approach but on the platform I am free to move around without shielding also making sure that falco is never behind me. If you remember I was always facing you on a platform waiting for you to shoot a poorly spaced laser which I could fair. A falco that's not approaching is a dead falco.

idk what you're supposed to do. Zhu once said there's nothing falco can do in that situation then told me not to do it lol.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
no.

the moment you get on a platform to counter camp i'll run off then you're at a clear disadvantage because of my utilt/aerials covering the air.

idk what you're supposed to do. Zhu once said there's nothing falco can do in that situation then told me not to do it lol.
Yeah. I thought of that, but I figure I'll react fast enough. haha.
Honestly, my reaction in that situation would be to jump onto the top platform and try to make it safely onto the ground. I'm not sure on pokemon stadium. Phantasm to the other platform?

I would probably just try to stay under you if you go on to a platform. There's not much I can do, but I'm not sure Marth can do much either without risking an opening for attack.

Anyway, Marth is annoying. haha.

EDIT: I'll just have to get lucky with a shine or something. I can't imagine getting you off the platform effectively any other way. Short-hopped up-airs through the platform? haha

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
jun ive been reading the cactuar marth thread, and you follow this thread like crazy LOL just give up on fox/shiek,

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, you guys think really hard about this game. Perhaps you should consider feeling it out? Thats what I do hahaha. >_> <_<

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
This makes me sad =(
ERIC: hahahaha. Don't be sad.
=D

TRISTAN: I do too, but I rarely play Jun. His Smashfest attendance is infrequent (although he's been going these last few times). I think the last time I really played him before Monday was that Ballroom Smashfest in November or something.

EDIT: I see you lurking SUNNY!

Top Bottom