• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
What about outofdashizwiz? He's pretty good - though his Peach can't seem to handle my enormous win-box.
loooooooool I liked your edit much better than the original post.

He lost to hyprid though... twice
Hehe, it's okay. As long as Kevin himself knows what's up ;)

tbh I don't want to be ranked. I'd much rather be underrated than overrated. I gave up trying to get recognized for smash and stopped caring 5 years ago. I play for you guys and the lulz now. Sunny and Jesse deserve it a lot more. Plus I think they're both better than me haha.

Congrats to both of you :)

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I think smashboards live updates posts if you edit them. I just saw eric's post fade to black and back and the Congrats sentence appeared. HAX

Edit: Maybe someone will see this too, but really....Fibonacci sequence for points?

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I had it facebook style tell me in the bottom right hand corner that there were 2 new posts while I was reading the first page of the thread lol

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
CRAZY. I saw Lanstar's post before I was finished editing my post. Mind = Blown

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
whoa, i think smashboards live updates posts if you edit them. I just saw eric's post fade to black and back and the congrats sentence appeared. Hax

edit: Maybe someone will see this too, but really....fibonacci sequence for points?
i saw it!!!!

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
OMFG JESSE AND SUNNY ARE MOTHER****IN POWER RANKED

wooooo
this is truth. go sd.

since i know macd will come here soon (and prolly fly). WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

@pat, we just doubled our smash capacity. no need to be salty about the venue fee. although i think we should advertise and have one free tournament at least.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Kevin, I just wanted a fair way to distribute increasing points as the placings went up. Fibonacci seemed to make sense, not to mention there was no reason why not. "I beat person A and person B so I get the points they earned" or something to that extent.

EDIT: Yeah David the rec page is as bas as webreg when it comes to signing up for things at convenient times.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Kevin, I just wanted a fair way to distribute increasing points as the placings went up. Fibonacci seemed to make sense, not to mention there was no reason why not. "I beat person A and person B so I get the points they earned" or something to that extent.
Nah it's cool. I was like....I haven't used Fibonacci since Calc 1 wut.

MacD

Banned via Administration
my only 2 questions?

are these weekly things going to keep SD from coming to something like stab's tourney???

and when do you want all of us to come down for a tourney??? lol

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
my only 2 questions?

are these weekly things going to keep SD from coming to something like stab's tourney???

and when do you want all of us to come down for a tourney??? lol
Hell no, real tourneys >>> rec class space. Way more fun. We should do a tourney after the first wave of Midterms (4th week? I think that's the drop deadline without a W here. Cleverly placed so one can drop after bombing a test)

Edit: Actually I think the MT wave is Week 5.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
if were going to a real tourny then well probably skip the weekly one. i hope it doesnt make us lazy.

also, we will still have triweeklies. just we dont know when they are.

@pat. dibs on running the tournament. you best be playing

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
it'd be cool if people outside from SD travel to one of the weekly tournaments once in a while but I think traveling that long distance to SD should be reserved for triweeklies.

actually, with the rec room funding, people can carpool more to tournaments outside of SD like stab's tourney lol

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Jewdrew, you can run one of them later once the ball starts rollin'. I have a feeling we might have one of the University officials there making sure what were going has merit to be a class haha, so I gotta act like I'm useful for the first one at least.

When a triweekly rolls around, I'll just grab the TVs from the class and we'll have 5 more set ups in the lodge. Instant success from the class already.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Pat if you could can you tie the club somehow into this without taking away from your efforts of setting it up? Hopefully so that all of us can at least be identified as something so that when new people ask us if we play we can tell them that we're an org instead of "just a group of friends playing." I have a strong feeling that a lot of people that we meet on library walk for WGF for instance don't come back to us bceause they get the feeling that we are just a group of friends when in fact smash is what brought most of us together in the first place.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Definitely, just let me know what you need over on my end. I've already talked to the rec guy about advertising and such through the club and he said it was fine.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
you always have to ruin my fun. fine, ill go along with your shenanigans for now.

whats the org's role in all of this? it can be useful but we need to make sure it is.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
why wouldn't we play 2morrow? lol Can we play at the rec class? It already has cubes and tvs, right?

My wii eject button doesn't work, does anyone know how to get a disc out?

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
why wouldn't we play 2morrow? lol Can we play at the rec class? It already has cubes and tvs, right?

I know you can turn off a wii from HBC so try looking there?

Jun.

Smash Lord

Its ok. You don't need to eject the melee disc from the Wii ever.

Now if you have ANOTHER disc in the Wii, you go buy a new Wii.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
Its ok. You don't need to eject the melee disc from the Wii ever.

Now if you have ANOTHER disc in the Wii, you go buy a new Wii.
cubes are much cheaper.

down for friday (we so excited), but if anyone wants to help on saturday im going to drive over the tvs from the lodge to the rec room (which is where exactly?), so if anyone can help on saturday or wants me to bus up their cube/wii the let me know.

edit: @pat, bring my wiimote soon please

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sup guys.

sunny you're funny lol. that post was pretty much right after i saw the rankings. to be fair, i was told by some of the panelists that i was gonna get spot 17, so it really took me by surprise. it's all good now though, haha, i've cooled down and realized it's not a big deal to me, at least as much as i made it out to be.

sd, you're pretty good.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey, i had to deal with sd's **** talk for so long on the pr thread. i try not to **** talk back because im weird like that. i was pretty angry when i wrote that post, and it wasn't even meant for your eyes.

lol i envy you guys, yall pretty much play smash whenever u can from my understanding. it must be so nice to have smash as a class! :)

me, im stuck with roommates who hate the game, and i pretty much practice by myself or at tournies LOL. oh but don't worry, the day we play will be uber hype ;]

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
LOL bro. whenever you post **** talk on the internet, someone somewhere will find it and leak it. thats just how it is. and dont take the **** talk personal. whenever you play against one of us, youre finna get some. just be happy i wasnt there in person when you mm'd lanstar and jun LOL

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'm up for playing tomorrow!
I won't make it on Saturday so I would definitely like to get some games in whenever I can.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hahaha Pat, I wish. :( My main reason for coming to Cali was for the academics, not the smash, but it was a great bonus. That'd be pretty cool though.

Jun.

Smash Lord
SD has the best falcon. Period

Spammedmoves.of.Ky

He technically obviously should be ranked at least 17th since he beats Jesse in Ranked matches.

obviously.

Top Bottom