• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I just woke up from a nap feeling like a champion.
I won and I didn't even go. =D
hahaha.

I'm excited to join everyone next week and I'll see some of you on Monday.

-Jesse

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
forgot to post, but ggs to everyone last night. been a while since i got to play against people before last night (johns) so i was a little extra excited to come out and chill. its just too bad i always come when people are burnt out/leaving/gone already lol. dont worry though, i've been keeping positive and working hard, and it seems like its been paying off as far as my transportation limitations are concerned. soon i'll be able to come out a little bit more if time permits!

<3 you guys

Jun.

Smash Lord
Just watched Lanstar VS Baka MM. Josh your plan was completely wrong.

Marth Version
- You can't stand out of range vs Peach. The first round you basically lost 2 stocks because you gave him room and got turnip'ed. Marth needs to keep Peach slightly out of sword range so you can react to the only quick approach Peach has which is a dash attack. Also keeping her in range stops her from pulling turnips since Marth can approach from his sword range very quickly.

- Don't go for grabs against even mid level Peach players. They'll DI correctly and there's little to nothing to follow up and the risk of it is very large. You're way better off just trying to get on hits vs Peach up to 100+% then just trying to kill her with a sideB - uTilt. I gave up on trying to kill Peaches sideways.

Fox Version
- lrn2SHDL
- Piss them off and button mash
- kick em

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Pat I posted this in the tournament thread, not sure if you saw it, but

I'm a noob and left a gamecube at the venue, it has tape on the top that says "FUSION". Any chance we could pick it up next time we're down there or send it up with somebody who comes up here (like, to GREV)? ;)

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Josh, i feel like you were trying too hard with DD camps into a grab.

You ended up missing like half of them and were punished with downsmashes or grabs. I think you should just space aerials to build up damage on peach, like Jun said. (Probably spaced SH double fairs that dont lead to crouched downsmashes)

Also, you gotta stop double jumping against a peach so much. Peach has pretty good mobility and can catch a marth pretty easily. Whats more is that I noticed you used marths first side b to try to stall in mid-air and avoid getting hit. What actually happened, however, was that you immobilized your character for an additional second in mid-air for peach to catch you.

Im no marth main of course, but just my two cents. :D

I def think you coulda done much better.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman

I'm a noob and left a gamecube at the venue, it has tape on the top that says "FUSION". Any chance we could pick it up next time we're down there or send it up with somebody who comes up here (like, to GREV)? ;)
we have it. remind us next time before something and well get it to you.

the versus fest was fun. only noobs play smash or play on a pad

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Peach is by no means slow, ERIC. sure she cant run across the stage. But neither can you! LOOL. Your peach is just slow. :D

Whos playing tomr?

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman

I stored the Gamecube in the drawers with the other GCs provided by the school. I'll grab it next time we're playing.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Lol. Peach is by no means slow, ERIC. sure she cant run across the stage. But neither can you! LOOL. Your peach is just slow. :D

Whos playing tomr?
I am playing tomorrow, but not from 5-8 as I am in class at that time.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Just watched Lanstar VS Baka MM. Josh your plan was completely wrong.

Marth Version
- You can't stand out of range vs Peach. The first round you basically lost 2 stocks because you gave him room and got turnip'ed. Marth needs to keep Peach slightly out of sword range so you can react to the only quick approach Peach has which is a dash attack. Also keeping her in range stops her from pulling turnips since Marth can approach from his sword range very quickly.

- Don't go for grabs against even mid level Peach players. They'll DI correctly and there's little to nothing to follow up and the risk of it is very large. You're way better off just trying to get on hits vs Peach up to 100+% then just trying to kill her with a sideB - uTilt. I gave up on trying to kill Peaches sideways.
the first point is very good

the 2nd point not so much, grab > fthrow > dash attack > couple aerials, and she's stuck in the air

also, marth will only kill peach from spike, random tipper, side b > utilt, or hitting her a million times, 90% of the time it's gonna be hitting her a million times. you just gotta accept the fact you don't have a reliable killing method and not get mad that she won't die. keeping her off stage is easy enough, especially at a high percent. marth's sword too good

just going for side b > utilt is dumb though, cause she can still CC it over 100 hahahha

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
90% of the time it's gonna be hitting her a million times. you just gotta accept the fact you don't have a reliable killing method and not get mad that she won't die.
I just want to quote this for emphasis, since this basically summarizes Marth's anti-floaty game, and, to some extent, Marth himself.

Fthrow to dash attack can be avoided though, at least at certain percents. Peach can DI into the ground and then tech. Marth can still follow up with a tech chase, but I would say this is still a better opportunity for Peach to either get back on her feet or even to turn the tables in her favor. Unless it's an fthrow off the stage.

Jun.

Smash Lord
In my experience if you try and go for a dash attack after a fthrow and Peach techs in place, the dash attack might wiff and you'll get hit by a fast dsmash. At later percentages not even a dash attack can catch a peach after a fthrow.

I just keep in mind that its a damage based matchup for Marth

MacD

Banned via Administration
ok except, fthrow > dash attack is a combo, from like 20-70 or more or something

idk the percents but i know you'll get dash attacked before you hit the ground

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
grab -> dash att or grab -> fair ***** cuz you pop her back up and ****
if % is too high, just (wavedash) fsmash or fair or cry

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
It's a combo if you DI into it or don't DI. It's a tech chase if you DI down and away, and tech.
Nah, dash attack follows DI away. If I DI in, you'll go past me, but you can just regrab that instead. Marth on Peach is simple. Grabs are effective. One fair leads to 20 more, and before you know it, Peach is at 80%. Just watch out for dat *** and dem vegetables and you're good.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
It doesn't follow ground techs, but if Peach players are just going to let themselves get hit by it, I guess I'll have to start taking advantage of that.

Top Bottom