• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Oh damn. I'd forgotten about him. What was his name? Justin?
His Marth is soooooooo good. `

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
so what time are ppl showing up? ill be there around 12 I think.
I wouldn't show up that early if I were you, but if you do, make sure you bring a cube because I may be stuck doing nothing otherwise.

@Radical Dreamer: You build people up more than I do when I'm exaggerating damn. However, Leeland is a definitely a talented player and I'm pretty sure he plays with Justin, Antonio, SA2jeff, Charles, or Judd at least every once in a while.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'll be showing up at around four or something. I have class at five so I'll only be there for a bit.
Then maybe back again at 8.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I wouldn't show up that early if I were you, but if you do, make sure you bring a cube because I may be stuck doing nothing otherwise.

@Radical Dreamer: You build people up more than I do when I'm exaggerating damn. However, Leeland is a definitely a talented player and I'm pretty sure he plays with Justin, Antonio, SA2jeff, Charles, or Judd at least every once in a while.
I tend to have more realistic appraisals than you. I'm also trying to caution people about sleeping on players just because they don't know them.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Hello Social Organization!
Congratulations, you have completed the registration process and your student organization has been approved for the 2010 / 2011 academic year!

Time to ****in party guys.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Hello Social Organization!
Congratulations, you have completed the registration process and your student organization has been approved for the 2010 / 2011 academic year!

Time to ****in party guys.
WHOO! Now what can we do?

tera twin

Smash Journeyman

how do i participate in ucsd ranking battles
ask jun to include you in the rankings and then going to smashfests and asking for ranked matches. but since we got the rec room now, ranked tournaments will replace asking people directly at smashfests or at least that's what I know so far. I think asking people specifically for ranked matches can still happen.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
ask jun to include you in the rankings and then going to smashfests and asking for ranked matches. but since we got the rec room now, ranked tournaments will replace asking people directly at smashfests or at least that's what I know so far. I think asking people specifically for ranked matches can still happen.
i think that pats tourny thing and juns ranking are different.

if you want to get ranked then just challenge people.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
To give everyone a good idea of what kind of player Leeland is, I'm pretty confident that his younger brother who's like in 4th-5th grade can hold his own against us. Imagine that x10.
yeah i was gonna bring up justin too. im pretty sure that if he cared (i know "no johns" shut up) he could **** almost any ucsd player on the spot, and leeland makes justin look like a ****** most times. it could just be that leeland knows how justin plays, but it goes both ways. and he definitely works at chick-fil-a

@jesse yeah leeland ****s up a lot of ICs grabs because he gets bored of playing us with them at his house lol. i think you'd have fun in a set against him now

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
i think that pats tourny thing and juns ranking are different.

if you want to get ranked then just challenge people.
really? I thought Jun originally started with the ranking idea and then pat got into it and made it more official and put the list in the 1st page. Oh well... kira can join both if he wants :p

since the rec room opens for us officially on saturday, are people gonna go there that day instead of going to the lodge on friday like usual? unless you didn't sign up and jesse commits to what he said and becomes the bouncer for the rec room and kicks people out that haven't signed up lol

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I am definitely going to be spending less time on Smashboards now (hahahahahhaha). This layout hurts my eyes a bit. Also, I'm pretty sure REC and ELO Rankings are different. I think we should keep them separate unless we all agree to make sets the count. It might be a bit difficult to keep track of every match and the specific order in which they were played.

I just want to finish school.

Also, sorry Josh. :(
We'll play next time.
An odd number of players sucks.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
@Tristan, why? You're getting better.

And wtf, these colors. :[
You don't feel like you're getting better when you play me. Mwahahahahaha. :awesome:

In all seriousness, I think we have all gotten much better, but we struggle with consistency. I feel like it is rare for any two of us to be on top of our game when we play friendlies and so it just feels like the other person is too good and you are just bad.

Also, Tristan, I think an important thing to focus on is what we discussed earlier. We all have pretty decent defensive and retaliatory ability, but could definitely stand to improve our offensive game. Both Richard and Zhu have expressed that San Diego's most notable problem is that we play very safe and very defensively. While this style definitely has its strengths, there really is no hope for us once the other player figures out how to maneuver around our defenses.

I really think all space animal mains should practice their approach and their offensive game every time they play friendlies. A reactive style can only do so much and the fact that you recognize that and realize you need to work on actively pushing your opponent into bad spots means you know how to play. hahaha.

This may be a crude generalization of Space Animal strategy, but I think the primary goal of a Space Animal during a match is to keep the mobility, the potential for creativity, and offensive power on its side of the 'court'. Standing still and staying in shield will more than likely just mean death or horrible positioning.

I keep this in mind when I play and I think it has helped me a bit.

@Yuta: I don't get it either. lololol.

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
thanks for all the games yesterday, alot of u have really improved and are better than me now. can me and zen join the ucsd rec tournaments? o and will there be any more smashfests this week? me and zen want to go to any of them to get better

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Hey little fumi (whats your real name?).

The rec classes are open to everyone, so you two are more than welcome to join. I think there's a link for the sign up page a few pages back.

Ggs yesterday. It was fun.

Sunny

Edit. There are usually smashfests on fridays at the lodge as well.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Hey i got a question, will we be able to use the rec room during the rest of the week? Or will it only be open on saturdays?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Waiting on the schedule for the REC room, but basically whenever it's not in use by some other dept, it's ours.

Fumi - There should be another smashfest on Friday.

Unfortunately the REC class does have a signup fee, but that's only because they're buying us TVs, Games, Cubes, and letting us use a space every Saturday.
Here's the link to singup if you guys are interested. https://recreation.ucsd.edu/registr...n=list&user_area=3&main_cat=2692&sub_cat=4051

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely going to be spending less time on Smashboards now (hahahahahhaha). This layout hurts my eyes a bit.
Go to the very bottom left corner and click the menu, it should say vibrant, then pick smash blue instead.

Edit: You could also try classic blue if you wanted to.

Hey little fumi (whats your real name?).
His name is Santi, short for Santiago I think.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Go to the very bottom left corner and click the menu, it should say vibrant, then pick smash blue instead.

Edit: You could also try classic blue if you wanted to.
Much better.

Edit: Signed up for Rec Class. Think we'll need to supply GCs? Or do we have enough provided by the school.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Josh,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that when I first saw the different layout and I don't like the others either. haha.

Top Bottom