• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
Yuta
David
Baker
Ky
Anthony

No particular order or skill. These are just younger guys that I'm confident would stand a chance or even beat the SDSU team possibly.

Thanks to Baker, Dawson and Ky for coming to see today. Hope you guys had fun! Dawson definitely ptfo at the venue lol.

Sorry about not updating ranks for a while. I've been really busy. It should be updated by tomorrow night.
that actually works out to be a pretty well rounded team. team second year! (and that other kid)

your set was pretty good. sometimes you took a bit long to drop the beat, but otherwise it was sick. you just needed people there. and yea, dawson had a bit of trouble there. or more accurately, i had trouble getting him home.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
dammit I woke up 3 hours ago. I'm surprised Ky actually got up in time considering me, him, and Anthony all died yesterday lol.

and if by "well rounded", you mean spacie, spacie, peach, might as well be spacie, and spacie, then yes. It is.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
dammit I woke up 3 hours ago. I'm surprised Ky actually got up in time considering me, him, and Anthony all died yesterday lol.

and if by "well rounded", you mean spacie, spacie, peach, might as well be spacie, and spacie, then yes. It is.
Hey, wait a minute.

Yuta = Falco
David = Marth
Baker = Peach
Ky = Falcon
Anthony = Fox

This doesn't seem too bad to me. There are three fast fallers, but I think any team with Falco, Fox, Falcon stands a strong chance of doing well. Maybe putting in a Sheik instead of a Falcon would round out the team a bit better.

Anyway, I feel like Leeland has the potential do a lot of damage with his IC's if we don't play carefully. Also, isn't Ranulfo a Peach/Link player?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Hey, wait a minute.

Yuta = Falco
David = Marth
Baker = Peach
Ky = Falcon
Anthony = Fox

This doesn't seem too bad to me. There are three fast fallers, but I think any team with Falco, Fox, Falcon stands a strong chance of doing well. Maybe putting in a Sheik instead of a Falcon would round out the team a bit better.

Anyway, I feel like Leeland has the potential do a lot of damage with his IC's if we don't play carefully. Also, isn't Ranulfo a Peach/Link player?
Yea haha I'm just kidding. That's probably one of the best crew character selections you can have with 5 different characters. The only way it can be better is probably Puff/Sheik over Falcon. Puff/Sheik over Peach is fine too, but then you'd have to go Fox against ICs and if you don't play carefully (read: camp the **** out of them), you'll get owned. Plus Falcon is useless :grin:

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
@eric
im pretty sure dawson died more than ky. also, youre a **** =p

all i know is that i ****ed your ics up without even trying. that matchup has to be one of the worst for viable characters.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Even though it might favor peach significantly, you're gonna need to improve quite a bit to face Leeland. Leeland is no joke. He's not a grab based IC's either. Not to mention he has all other characters too.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
Even though it might favor peach significantly, you're gonna need to improve quite a bit to face Leeland. Leeland is no joke. He's not a grab based IC's either. Not to mention he has all other characters too.
of course i cant take it lightly. but the idea is to counterpick him with peach. dont worry jun, i got this ****.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Jun, I say we use your proposed lineup, but with a small modification. We throw Sunny in there in the event that SDSU proves to be more difficult than we are assuming. It wouldn't hurt to have him there as a potential failsafe. haha.

Jun.

Smash Lord
yeah any of us as a backup wild card work too. I'd probably be the most useless. Eric's sheik, your falco, Sunny's fox, and my camp fox could be a useful counterpick.

You 1st and 2nd years can decide on a line up if it happens.

yes SDSU

we are calling you out.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
haha.
I feel like we are underestimating SDSU although I'm not familiar with anyone other than Leeland.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Ronolfo (sp?) is LHG. I think most/many of you have at least met him, if not played him. He usually comes with Pnoy.

Oh, okay. That's who I thought it was. I'm certain he plays Peach/Link.

Jun, you're right. It is Ky. You can't sleep on Ky. haha.
I learned that the hard way.

@Ranking updates: wtf?!?! When did all these matches happen?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
He's not a grab based IC's either. Not to mention he has all other characters too.
All ICs are grab based lol. And you can't switch chars in crews.

ICs vs Peach isn't actually impossible when the ICs know what they're doing imo. It just has a ridiculously high learning curve. It is much, much harder for the ICs to win, but an ICs player who is proficient at the match up can do fairly decently vs a Peach who is proficient in the match up through their stupidly good defensive options. Desynced blizzard + ice block stops all approaches lol. That being said it's still absolutely terrible. Just not impossible.

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
dude leeland would screw up everyone lol... but i played LHG, beat him <3 so he couldnt get out of pools

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
We are definitely smashing tomorrow.
I will be there a bit late (8).
I may go for a bit at 3 or 4,
but playing before class is difficult,
especially if you get into a nice groove. haha.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
im convinced leeland can take all of ucsd (in a tournament set) except for maybe top..3 or 4(?) ...probably not all at once in a crew battle though. the others are pretty solid too. i think you guys would enjoy playing with them

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
im convinced leeland can take all of ucsd (in a tournament set) except for maybe top..3 or 4(?) ...probably not all at once in a crew battle though. the others are pretty solid too. i think you guys would enjoy playing with them
jesus christ guys. i got this ****. how many times do i have to say it?

in all seriousness, lets make this happen. i havent had a pride match in anything in forever

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Leeland could definitely beat anyone at UCSD in a tournament set.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Leeland could definitely beat anyone at UCSD in a tournament set.
I wouldn't say definitely.

I beat him in a set in a long ago Triweekly when I sucked more than I do now and before we had regular smashfests. Granted, it was a long time ago and he sd'd once in the deciding match. Also, I remember very distinctly that there were very few grab shenanigans. I don't know whether this was sandbagging or indicative of his skill level at the time. A lot of us are better now than we were at that time. I'm sure he is better too, but I think players like Sunny and Eric could do well against him.

The last time I played him myself was during a Smashfest in the fall. It was a Falco ditto on Yoshi's Story. It was close, but I won. My hands were cold and it was the only match I played as we were all getting kicked out by Sixth RA's or something like that.
This is a cool story.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
You misunderstand the use of the word definitely in that context. It means that he is reasonably capable of beating anyone at UCSD, not that it is certain to happen every time. He would be expected to win against anyone but the top 3 or 4, and even those could possibly go in his favor. He's beaten George, and I think Iljia, in tournament, and he's gone last game, last stock, high percent with Zhu.

If anything, he's probably worse now, because he probably hasn't been playing anyone besides his brother (if he's been playing at all), but he's exactly the kind of player you can never sleep on. Whether he's outmatched, out of practice, or whatever, he can find a way to win.

Jun.

Smash Lord
To give everyone a good idea of what kind of player Leeland is, I'm pretty confident that his younger brother who's like in 4th-5th grade can hold his own against us. Imagine that x10.

Top Bottom