• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
just gotta say, looking at all the UCSD smashers, i'm damn ****ing proud of you guys. lookin back at our community when i was a freshman and now...pretty awesome. good **** guys
Or even Jun's freshman year...

Or even my freshman year...

It's been crazy how much the scene has exploded. I quit this game for the last time like 3 weeks into my freshman year, but I'm really glad Sunny, who happens to be no good, started playing this game and got me back into it. I'm really glad I met all of you and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really glad I got back into this stupid game, if only for the amazing people I've met through it.

This also coincidentally happens to be my 1000th post, and as I'm sitting here going through my oldest posts, I'm chuckling to myself as I read over posts of me asking for help with the Falco match up, chain throwing (LOL), giving advice on the Marth forums (LOOOL), complaining that the LINK and Marth match ups for Peach are harder than Sheik (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, especially for me right now), etc etc. It's pretty funny seeing what a bad 15 year old Peach player who had too much time on his hands can think of posting. It's even funnier that now, 5 years later, here I am, still on these same old forums, still playing that same bad character, still a bad player LOL. I love you guys for making this awful game still somewhat fun, and I hate you guys for making this awful game still somewhat fun.

Anyway, major nostalgia post. tl;dr: you guys are amazing, thanks for the ride haha. Despite all of the hours I wasted practicing FC nairs oos, all the frustration practicing wall jump slap with Sheik on battlefield, all of the money and mental anguish from the tournaments over the years, I wouldn't change a thing even if I had the chance. No regrets.

No fear.

See you all tomorrow.

:melee:

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Kevin bring your laptop tomorrow. I'll give you the 170 stuff :]

The rest of you: Smashfest tomorrow! YEEEEEE. Also good job reppin it at Champ's.

Will do. I'll be there a bit later (3-4 but then I have lab lecture at 5) with my recording.

Jun.

Smash Lord
*New Rule*
- If you deny someone's match, you can't play anyone for points that entire day. The challenger of a denied match should try and shoot me a text saying that a player denied a match. This becomes effective from the deny, so you can play matches until you deny. A deny is defined as "refusal to play disregarding other factors such as warm up time, schoolwork, and/or having to leave early."

UCSD Rankings Spring 2011

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
What happens if I challenge everyone?

Anyway, I challenge everyone.

-Jesse, SNG #1 Fan, Shasejr #3 Fan,

Jun.

Smash Lord
well everyone needs to be warmed up and ready to play. That is the grey area but if someone's blatantly trying to deny a match, have a third person confirm it and give me a text to hold their rank matches for that day.

Smash@UCSD is one step closer to forming. Our advisor went on maternity leave and the other person quit or something. Pat is the last freakin person that needs to take that that principles of community training before we get approved.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Idk if you're kidding or not but it really does take me 3 hours to get to my full potential I think
haha.
Personally, I'm kidding. I start making really stupid mistakes after 1 hour+ and my mental game goes down pretty severely. I think I just need a few good matches to warm-up well enough to feel confident.

For full potential, I need to sleep well, go for a jog, eat lightly, and try to play like no one is watching . hahaha. This never happens. I suck.

EDIT: I'm heading to the lodge in a bit. I'm taking a set-up and I'm staying until 4.50 or so. So, anyone head down there if you want to play. IF not, I'll just see you guys later after class.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord

MacD

Banned via Administration
hey SD, could the top few of you post in the PR thread wins and loses besides the top 10?

we might have to fill like 5 spots depending on how many we end up taking off and i know a lot of you went to at least 2 tournies

people off the top of my head are like jesse, george, sunny, shadow, jun, lanstar, and uhhhhh, that's all i got right now, but if you beat anyone on the PR or you know has been doing well, let us know

or if you really don't wanna post cause you'll feel like bragging, PM me

Jun.

Smash Lord
hey SD, could the top few of you post in the PR thread wins and loses besides the top 10?

we might have to fill like 5 spots depending on how many we end up taking off and i know a lot of you went to at least 2 tournies

people off the top of my head are like jesse, george, sunny, shadow, jun, lanstar, and uhhhhh, that's all i got right now, but if you beat anyone on the PR or you know has been doing well, let us know

or if you really don't wanna post cause you'll feel like bragging, PM me
All of you guys need to recall who you guys beat and post in the thread. Mainly Sunny, Eric, and Jesse.

Rankings updated

Ky is dangerous vs spacies apparently

wth why isn't my signature showing. The rankings link is in my signature

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
We're going to break our tie tomorrow, Ky.
I won't sandbag this time. :p
hahahaha.
I might have to try a Ditto.

MacD

Banned via Administration
if you have mutliple links in your sig, it makes your sig take up more "space" so your posts have to be longer

like one image in your sig basically takes up only the space to link it, not the actually dimensions of the pic, so when you have multiple links, it takes up a lot of space meaning your post has to be longer

i'm going to stop pretending like i know what i'm talking about and link you to someone who does

It's a character-by-character comparison of your post and your sig. Even though it's not that large, since it has three links in it, the script thinks your sig is actually awfully long. This is, incidentally, why someone can have a gigantic image in his sig and make a relatively small post and still have it display, since the script only checks the length of the text, which is just the URL, not the image's vertical height.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
It's been controlled.

We can all sleep easy now.

Also, mvc3 sucks. jk.
It looks fun except when Ilija is playing.

lol.

jk.

NO.FEAR

Smash Rookie
You're pretty good at Mario Kart, Jesse. Same with you Ky. I can't say the same about Eric though.

It was fun. I've never had so many neck in neck races. I might bring a mario kart setup on friday hahah

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
You're pretty good at Mario Kart, Jesse. Same with you Ky. I can't say the same about Eric though.

It was fun. I've never had so many neck in neck races. I might bring a mario kart setup on friday hahah
Do it. I might be there earlier in the day (probably not in the evening as I will be celebrating an anniversary :embarrass:) and I would definitely be up for playing.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman

Which mario kart?

Top Bottom