• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
why is everyone making leeland and his brother sound god-like or something? lol.
lol theyre definitely not god-like but theyre pretty good. dont test it

edit: anyways, im just throwing some jab to stir up some excitement. i havent seen a high-stakes mm or a big crew battle in a while so yeah

edit #2: wtf happened to the boards. the buttons are all huge like theyre meant for ******* or something

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
ok then i will throw a jab. or moar like a knee.
i will destroy this nub named leeland. bring him!

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
and this is going down on friday? saturday? I'd really like to watch this and of course play ;P

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Ky has this.
He covers all options by throwing out a fiery flurry of aerials.
He also has good reads.

ZENlb

Smash Cadet
how old is leelands brother now? lol i remember when i first met him he was like 9 or 10. the younger you are and good, the more amazed people are.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Then don't sign up!
It's as easy as that. =D

I won't be able to attend for two consecutive Saturdays (maybe), so I won't really be getting my money's worth. You should just be 'Jesse' for the first two Saturdays. No one will know the difference. Just try to not suck as much as you usually do.

Kira-

Smash Champion
If I get a chance to do ranked tournaments I won't be doing them with Sheik, that's boring.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
If I get a chance to do ranked tournaments I won't be doing them with Sheik, that's boring.
I want to play your Shiek. I've never had the opportunity.

The first and only time I played you was in early 2008. It was my first UCSD Triweekly and I was wandering around feeling a bit intimidated by everyone. You asked me if I wanted to play and so we Falco ditto'd. I won and then MikeHaze came and asked you about what happened. You told him you lost. He was incredulous and he gave me a funny look.

Then I played him and he completely destroyed me.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOL @ ^

I guess if we're all telling Kira stories.

Dave, your Falco is so technical haha. Your dair after the shine is really early and I remember that really threw me off when I first played you cuz most Falcos I've played wait a bit before they dair lol. Plus your spacing with Sheik is crazy and I'm fairly sure you've knocked me out at multiple triweeklies LOL. You should come down more :)

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
a lot of people didnt play their mains. jesse went falcon, sunny went falco/falcon, eric went low tier (and got *****). george said he would go mario but he played like one ranked match.

its fun, but only kinda serious

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I remember when Irvine came down for a lodge Smashfest a while back and I was on your crew. You asked me if I could chain grab with Sheik and I mistakenly told you "yes' LOL <3

Kira-

Smash Champion
Loool nice stories, I enjoyed those. I've been meaning to make a trip down, not for smash to be honest but that would definitely be a strong incentive. I'd probably use Mario, but sometimes floaty matches and low tiers get boring so I was thinking of camping hardcore with Fox just to see if I could do it haha. That'd be boring for everyone else but fun for me tho =P

I'm not so sure I remember what everyone looks like, just come up to me and introduce yourself if I don't recognize you.

WASTE - mikehaze was always good against falco, especially around that time. he beat stab at the last tourney if you haven't seen it. I must have been raising up a baby falco for awhile, i forgot when I tried to pick him up (but then again I've tried maining half the cast). Very glad I finally settled on maining Sheik forever, solved a very bad headache even if I don't play as often as I used to.

engdrew - lol cgs are harder than people think, i had to practice those in my room. in retrospect, random-partner teams would have been more hype than random crew battles

Jun - I got ***** that match LOL. Also how does the club(?) you made affect tournaments?

Jun.

Smash Lord
The club just allows us to get funding for tournaments, flyers and some other stuff we can ask the school for. Means that if everything is planned ahead of time, UCSD Triweeklies shouldn't have venue fees or we could just donate the venue fee to other causes including but not limited to:

Good player funds, fund other tournaments, additional equipment, travel costs for big groups etc.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
i'm wondering if there's a way for me to pay someone in cash and then whoever i pay the cash to can pay online for me. I don't have a CC and my parent's don't trust anything that has to do with paying online lol.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
there should be some incentive to sign up for the class. and a small venue fee should take care of that. it wouldnt be fair if i pay to get into the class and everyone else gets the benefits.

but yea, it should go to stuff that jun said.

and this one time i played kira...oh wait, ive never played you

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Lan - We call that a carpool

Baker - I think we may do a venue fee for people that aren't signed up in the class, just cuz the University is pretty strict about that, meh?

Bryan - Yeah I'm pretty sure you can show up on the first day and just pay in cash, that's totally fine.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Update for the REC class:

The University has purchased 5 TVs, 4 Gamecubes, and 4 Discs. So looks like we're guaranteed to have the resources to run a tournament week in and week out now. Hooray! We'll have rankings for both doubles and singles based off of points acquired throughout the season. Points will be based on the fibonacci sequence because we go to UCSD and that's how we roll.

1st - 21
2nd - 13
3rd - 8
4th - 5
5th - 3
7th - 2
9th - 1

These points will apply for both doubles and singles. Teams can change on a week to week basis if you so choose. For the final class we'll increase the point values such that the sequence starts at 17th (Yay everyone gets points). Following this pattern 1st will be worth 55, 2nd worth 34, 3rd worth 31, etc. This'll give the late bloomers a chance to show their worth/recognize their improvement over the season.

I hope that everyone will try to make it out to the first tournament, even if you haven't yet signed up for the class. I spoke with the University official and he said that non members can play if they pay a 2-3 dollar entry fee.

EDIT
Here's the sign up link: https://recreation.ucsd.edu/registr...n=list&user_area=3&main_cat=2692&sub_cat=4051

We might make flyers and stuff to get some new members too.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Not sure yet Josh, depends whether I'm around for the Summer. If I'm here I'll definitely take a carpool up, but I may be elsewhere depending on my job situation.

Oh and I was making the tournament thread as you posted that

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Bryan - Yeah I'm pretty sure you can show up on the first day and just pay in cash, that's totally fine.
I'm guessing I give the money to you? I made an account so how will the payment be made online if I paid you in cash?

Top Bottom