• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

MAPLE

Smash Apprentice
Rickety!!!! MR. SAN DIEGO!!!!! The Guy Who Beat AZEN!!!!!!! you should host a smashfest at your house on friday night!!! make it an STD! you owe everyone in SD for that tourney that never happened lol.

If you have it they will come..... :)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Oh my golly-goodness!
I must check this-here smashboards thingy more often,
I can't believe it took a phone call to bring it to my attention!
I love you, Kyle! <3

Hm! We shall see!

Love,
Яickety

"And stay out!"

"I would have known she was only seventeen if you hadn't let her in your club!"

zapdose

Smash Apprentice
Bryan Penunuri

Does anyone know Bryan Penunuri?
I have his GameCube AV cable (and he probably has mine).
I think our cables got switched after the last triweekly.

The only problem is that his cable is a TV type cable while mine is a component cable (with the three wires) and my TV only works with component cables.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
yay a full month's notice. no johns folks.
hahahaha. You had to choose the day of Cultural Celebration! So unfortunately, I'll have to sit this one out.

Whatever, I'll come at the end and play a few friendlies. :D

-Jesse

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Ima try to make this? Iunno, this is the week after my spring break, so I dunno if I'll find anyone willing to give me a ride home. Unless someone from out of SD is willing to give me a ride to this from Long Beach? XD

Lovage

Smash Hero
raaaape

san diego better REPRESENT at this unlike last time

818 will represent harder (by staying for singles) and bringing tvs :)
tell ur friends!

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know Bryan Penunuri?
I have his GameCube AV cable (and he probably has mine).
I think our cables got switched after the last triweekly.

The only problem is that his cable is a TV type cable while mine is a component cable (with the three wires) and my TV only works with component cables.
that's me lol

I left my TV and RF cable at winterfest for sunday but I haven't picked it up yet. I didn't take anything with me except my controllers =\

P.S. pat, I will try to come to this and will be the day I take my TV home and hopefully my RF cable too

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
Ive decided to stop being bad at this game and that im going to **** every single one of you :D. JK i plan on finally representing at this one though. Look for the name BOK.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey so a few people have asked me about stages and stuff, so I'm just gonna have people post ideas, i'll pick the ones that seem to have some support, and then we'll get a general vote on which one we feel like using.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Pound 4 stage ruleset!

Atlus, I tried your ruleset at one of my tournaments and there just wasn't enough stages to counterpick in a 3 out of 5 set. =/

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
mmm... disagree. Pokemon is way too good for Fox / Falco / Falcon (when it's not against Fox / Falco) and certain other characters.

I still think FD is the most imbalanced neutral!! >(
yeah PS is crazy good for space animals. what are you thinking jun? haha. FD is... fun? hahah i dont even know. tbh i like everybody's ideas for new rulesets (but its probably because i dont know enough about other characters to complain)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
sooo...

old school melee stage list
pound 4 stage list
current pretty effed up stage list
atlus uber neutral stage list

i think we'll go from those 4

GSUB

Smash Lord
Old School stage list!!!!!!

Pound 12 ruleset: everything is banned.
We would only play one match ever in our smash career, and then be based on that one match from then on.
Then we go to tournaments to run a program on a computer solely dedicated to deciding the potential outcome of the tournament and then run it about one-thousand times, and then find the mean of all of the outcomes to determine the winner and where everyone else places.

*Computer must remain on a completely flat surface (in remembrance of the stage Final Destination).
*No other applications may be running, this may result in a ban if other applications are found to be running.
*Bill's Stupid rule: Macintosh computers are banned.
*If a conflict occurs between what you want the background image to be, it may be chosen through a best-of-one game of rock-paper-scissors.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I still think FD is the most imbalanced neutral!! >(
strongly agree

IMO:

No such thing as neutrals, first game stage strike from all available stages. Which happen to be the ones Atlus suggested:

-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Dream Land 64
-Pokemon Stadium
-Yoshi's Story
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Fountain of Dreams

then normal cp/ban rules apply.

Also (starting from Pound 4), modified DSR is in effect, meaning only the most recent stage you won on is not allowed (unless the opponent is kind and lets you go back). In a 3/5 set, you're allowed to go back to the 1st stage you won on (but not the 2nd).

that's what i would like anyway. the only problem is that people get confused as to what the actual rules are but if the ruleset is posted on the front page, then it's the players' responsibility to read and follow it. If you don't know the rules, your loss.

Atlus8

Smash Master
No such thing as neutrals, first game stage strike from all available stages. Which happen to be the ones Atlus suggested:

-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Dream Land 64
-Pokemon Stadium
-Yoshi's Story
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Fountain of Dreams

then normal cp/ban rules apply.
OMG! I <3 this a lot! I think Kira just started something here . . .

Top Bottom