• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Lovage

Smash Hero
I did horrible, but it was my first tournament and I had a great time. Seeing all the top players in SoCal has inspired me to do better, and I can't wait for the 19th. Thanks everyone for making it a great experience
such a great way to think
this guy *****

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
oscar and derek- good ****
oats- im glad you came. thanks for taking me around
awex- i like your drawings stop johning about them
JOHN101- best license plate i saw all day. ill take it next semester
soid- thanks for coming up and hanging out

red robin crew- i love you guys

suicide king

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
That is why I DQ'd him lol

I need to learn more matchups... all I know now is Marth and Sheik(thanks P :)) and everything else is horrible. I still haven't lost to a Marth of Sheik in tourney yet.

DCMoney-Why would you go falco? I wanted to play your Marth or something.

Lovage-

Kouryuu-

Psychomidget- you have a nice leg

Plan 9- <3

Nasty Nate- Thanks for the ride

P- I hope that frosty was good

Little Fumi- I wanted to play you :(

Noobs who were playing sets during warm ups- **** you

y do u want to play me? im not that good. so u will probably just beat me with ease

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
hahhaha
quite possibly the easiest bracket in any socal tourny ever
me and tofu were the only people on his side of the bracket and we got DQ'd...lol

<3
fun tourney, sd needs to step it up and bring more setups from now on...for reals.
i had a breeze of a bracket for reals but the results are funny as ****.
1.fox
2.fox
3.fox
4.fox
5.various
6.marth/shiek

*** fox :)

and kouryuu i'll poop on ur peach, MM nxt time.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
kouryuu i'll poop on ur peach, MM next time.
Fine, I'll MM you. 5$ no more, no less. Anything less is just a waste of time. I'll take on your Puff or WRECK your Peach. We can do both for 5$ if you like (I'm down to raise it past 5$ in out ditto MM match if you'd like).

Don't underestimate me. ;)

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Kira says San Diego sucks, thats why they don't ever wanna money match (unless it's gay *** teams MMs).

And he lols @ boss cause thats not who they play at all and he got 5th but cant beat anyone good

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Fine, I'll MM you. 5$ no more, no less. Anything less is just a waste of time. I'll take on your Puff or WRECK your Peach. We can do both for 5$ if you like (I'm down to raise it past 5$ in out ditto MM match if you'd like).

Don't underestimate me. ;)
fo sho, jiggs peach 5 pesos.

Kira says San Diego sucks, thats why they don't ever wanna money match (unless it's gay *** teams MMs).

And he lols @ boss cause thats not who they play at all and he got 5th but cant beat anyone good
go suck a d*ck kira, ur jst an ashole all the time now, f*ck off.
mango uses fox 90% of the time
lucky uses fox 95% of the time
lovage uses fox 100% of the time
zhu switches between fox and falco
so i'm not wrong, dumb****

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
to our (SD's) defense, kira approached me n boss (us partnered up in doubles) , WITH SD Reaper(who was Kira's partner in doubles), DURING doubles if we wanted to MM, so it was only natural we thought he was asking us to a doubles MM :ohwell:

joeplicate

Smash Master
idk I know mango uses falcon a lot, especially in finals

I heard that he was playing falcon at this tourney, too

oh well, calling mango a "fox" is pretty wrong imo

EDIT: HOLY **** CONNOR 3333
PUT ON YO STUNNA SHADES

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
fun tourney, sd needs to step it up and bring more setups from now on...for reals.
i had a breeze of a bracket for reals but the results are funny as ****.
1.fox
2.fox
3.fox
4.fox
5.various
6.marth/shiek

*** fox :)

and kouryuu i'll poop on ur peach, MM nxt time.
Naw dude.

1. Various (Fox, Falcon, Jiggs, Falco (not sure if he used Falco this tourny))
2. Falco (Fox (one match against P and twice against Mango), Falcon)
3. Fox (100%)
4. Fox (100%)
5. Jiggs / Peach (Easy(er) bracket?)
5. Marth / Sheik
7. Ice Climbers
7. Jiggs / Falco

Foxes are common top places, but Melee isn't perfect, there are just better characters than others. Anyways, don't exaggerate Fox's dominance, Melee isn't Brawl. Players determine the results, not the character. :p

Anyways, I recorded a bunch of videos and I promise I'll upload them asap... I'm just busy w/ school and I'm having a tough time with personal issues, so give me some time. I'm gonna upload "A Day at the Zhu 2" vids, so look forward to those matches too.

This tourny was the most fun I've had at a tourny for a while for some reason. Shoutouts later!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
fo sho, jiggs peach 5 pesos.
All right.

go suck a d*ck kira, ur jst an ashole all the time now, f*ck off.
mango uses fox 90% of the time
lucky uses fox 95% of the time
lovage uses fox 100% of the time
zhu switches between fox and falco
so i'm not wrong, dumb****
Don't dis Kira dude. What he says is true. I don't know why you're getting upset. You DIDN'T beat anyone good and you got 5th because the two good players in your bracket (Tofu and Lovage) were DQ'ed. You getting 5th was NOT an accomplishment.

Also, what's the bid deal about others using Fox? Fox is a good character. Therefore expect to see others use them. I'm going to assume it's b/c you use Puff. Well, I use Peach. You don't see me complaining. Sure it's harder for Puff but Mango was able to do it, I don't know why cant you.

Well, whatever. Just don't diss Kira.

Foxes are common top places, but Melee isn't perfect, there are just better characters than others. Anyways, don't exaggerate Fox's dominance, Melee isn't Brawl. Players determine the results, not the character. :p
Pretty much. Characters have an influence but no match up is impossible (save for maybe IC's vs Peach lol).

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
to our (SD's) defense, kira approached me n boss (us partnered up in doubles) , WITH SD Reaper(who was Kira's partner in doubles), DURING doubles if we wanted to MM, so it was only natural we thought he was asking us to a doubles MM :ohwell:
thats exactely what i thought as well

Naw dude.

1. Various (Fox, Falcon, Jiggs, Falco (not sure if he used Falco this tourny))
2. Falco (Fox (one match against P and twice against Mango), Falcon)
3. Fox (100%)
4. Fox (100%)
5. Jiggs / Peach (Easy(er) bracket?)
5. Marth / Sheik
7. Ice Climbers
7. Jiggs / Falco

i'm not exaggerating fox's "dominance", i was simply making note of what i saw at the tourney. maybe it's just coincedense that every time i happen to be watching mango and you play u both were using fox, not that i care, thats just when i happened to be watching i guess.

and i used jiggs like twice all day, played peach falco marth mewtwo.

All right.

Don't dis Kira dude. What he says is true. I don't know why you're getting upset. You DIDN'T beat anyone good and you got 5th because the two good players in your bracket (Tofu and Lovage) were DQ'ed. You getting 5th was NOT an accomplishment

Also, what's the bid deal about others using Fox? Fox is a good character. Therefore expect to see others use them. I'm going to assume it's b/c you use Puff. Well, I use Peach. You don't see me complaining. Sure it's harder for Puff but Mango was able to do it, I don't know why cant you.

Well, whatever. Just don't diss Kira.

first of all u should stop fondling kiras balls, who are u, his boyfriend? i'm upset cause dave (kira) has been nothing but an a$$hole to me and other sd peeps lately. idk what his deal is but all that fool ever does is be a prick to me, so thats why i say go f*ck urself dave. and please don't speak to me about "accomplishments". i nvr bragged about my placement in this tourney, i'm fully aware of the DQ's. tofu and i have close matches that could have gone either way, nvr faced lovage but any good fox i have probs with. so i would have gotten a 7th place finish, who gives a ****, not me.

ur arguement lacks in every way possible. there is no big deal about using fox, show me where i say that. ur right fox is the best char. right now. im not complaing about fox users, i made a simple notation on how I SAW the top 4 using fox whenever I HAPPEN TO BE WATCHING. thats all there is to that. mango WAS able to do it, im not mango am i. puff vs fox is broken, its jst a fact. mango is crazy good at melee, prlly the best around now, but could he consistantly beat top tier foxes? idk, i asked his that last time.

again with the kira shiz, go rub his belly and tell him everythings gonna be alright while u 2 hold each other every so gently later.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
You don't get it bro. It was never an argument. I just said you didn't accomplish **** at this tourney. And I assumed you cared because when I brought it up, it looked like you got butthurt and quickly challenged my Peach. Same when Midgey posted.

And I'm not gonna buy that you don't care about how the majority uses Fox. It sure seemed like you were hinting out that you did. And I'm gonna take the extra step and think that you were insinuating that there is no way you could have won b/c top 4 apparently mains Fox LMAO. Basically a downright john.

And I don't ride Kira's ballz, queer. I just said don't dis the guy.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
rookie: UCSD is pretty much all melee aside from WGF. But even then There's a Melee triweekly immediately following it.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Thanks Pat for being an excellent tourney host.

Luigi - You ***** me.
JDM - So quiet irl. Nice to meet you.
Soid - We suck in teams.
Leon - Dude, next time we'll rave.
PsychoMidget - What is that stance?
Awex - your cyclops sucked.
Plan 9 - Sorry the Carne Asada fry experience was not amazing.

To everyone else: you're awesome.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
so ZHU

WHERE DEM VIDZ AT
Anyways, I recorded a bunch of videos and I promise I'll upload them asap... I'm just busy w/ school and I'm having a tough time with personal issues, so give me some time. I'm gonna upload "A Day at the Zhu 2" vids, so look forward to those matches too.
WAY TO BE THE MOST INCONSIDERATE PERSON AROUND TOWN

b

Top Bottom