• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
sorry ^____^ I don't even go to chapman LOL. Otherwise you better believe there would've been more of um. Hell, I'd host UCSB tournaments if i actually thought anyone would bother to drive all the way out here.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm in the airport going back to WA now. Goodbye all, it was fun :( Wish we could have done more matches. MikeHAZE and Bigfoot, we never finished our MM's...dangit!

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
All of you know Im not trying to Bull **** this! I'm trying to make sure that everyone gets there money cause I know that this **** is ****ed up! I know that Idizzzy is right and that I lost credibility because of Dane's mistakes and its making me look ****ed up as well cause he hasn't paid you guys. Here's Dane e-mail if you want to get in contact with him....

espn.cybersports@gmail.com

Im also sorry for saying it "Just a Game" I can understand where you guys are coming from cause yes there is money involved..... Again there's Dane's e-mail address tell him everything as to what name you entered as and we'll verify that it was you so if you have an account # or a street address as to where he should send the money that he owes you, you can give him that info as well! Again, Im trying to clear this up as fast as I can.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
can you or someone provide a bracket of whatever portion of singles did start or finish, as well as a number of how many people entered singles.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I trust you when you say you didn't con anyone on purpose. But unfortunately, that doesn't matter. Whether you did it on purpose or not doesn't matter, what matters is that I just wouldn't risk driving two hours again, its not worth the risk. To make an analogy to the law, manslaughter is unintentional murder. It's not as bad, but it's still horrible even if you caused this on accident it was your mess and the ultimate blame does lie on you because you were in technically charge.

I can see you're trying to right it, but I'd have to see a successfully run tournament by you before I decide to go to one again.

3Years

Smash Lord
wait is dreamhack sayin that the luna games tourney was a success???

if so i thin i still got a video of how awful that tourney was haha

just give aero ripn ajax and dsf there money and this calm some of the s*** talkin

on another note we had the most epic journey 2 find a hotel haha

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
whose fupoo? he lives in my city, plays smash, and ive never met him lol.......
Just a random person who's currently bored out of his mind in this city. All my friends live in La Quinta, so i get bored here PRETTY ****ING quick.

but anyways, i went to NEXUS and met and had a friendly with 3years. I know you won, but i didnt recognize you there.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
can you or someone provide a bracket of whatever portion of singles did start or finish, as well as a number of how many people entered singles.
It's on Hall's Labtop and he still hasn't sent me the file when I get it I'll send it to you Nezumi.... Whats your e-mail again?

Edit:
3years- No, not luna games there was one b4 that.... You weren't there for that one. That's the one that went smooth, and Like I said above in my previous post there's his e-mail address. Im trying to work on it!

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Ok, yeah Glenn did all the math already, and really, I think Dane was planning on taking money from the event entry fees to pay for the actual venue (he's done it in the past.)

And while I'm not owed any money or anything of that nature, I was pretty livid at the tournament and I really just wanted to punch somebody. Just so there is a record of all the dumb things that happened at the tourney:

- reserved a venue for a time, was assured of that time, didn't check and didn't get it
- venue didn't allow all of the entrants to get in on time because of requirements we were assured would have been dealt with
- Dane was not at the venue most of the time because he was with his girlfriend or making calls at home or whatever.
- people were hired to run this event but the people running it weren't the hosts of the tourney (Hall's laptop, Rickety/Lep seeding/calling matches, etc.)
- food and lack of surveillance
- empty promises to go to Dane's house to finish the tourney
(Wait, why did actual smashers go to this? That was dumb of you if you did, sorry.)
- Is there anything else I missed?

Dreamhack, you're a cool, chill guy, but dude, you were used by Dane and became what many would call a "patsy." Now, you advertised for him, and many would hold you responsible, but I would just say why waste time with you because you really didn't know any of this was going to happen. I am upset at you for leaving Hall/Pat/Rick to run Dane's tournament. I am also upset at you for not learning from your past mistakes. But I guess that should be on us too. Whoops.

Dreamhack doesn't have any money, he was duped just as much as we all were, and really, we have Dane's address now, and we have evidence and a phone number, which I'm sure Dreamhack will be most happy to share with us, and we know Dane's previous employers, and apparently Dreamhack was already on Dane's Radio Show so he must have more information that we can use to just: Go. After. Dane.

~ Oats

Edit: Can we please go on another journey to find a motel room again because people didn't reserve a spot in advance? :p

No seriously, it was fun as ****.

Edit 2: Coachella Valley? You mean that desert town where everyone is either destitute poor or filthy old rich? Yeah, waaaaaay better than cooool Chula Vista, near the beach, and with awesome people like ourselves. :p

Edit 3years: You should play singles.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Ok, yeah Glenn did all the math already, and really, I think Dane was planning on taking money from the event entry fees to pay for the actual venue (he's done it in the past.)

And while I'm not owed any money or anything of that nature, I was pretty livid at the tournament and I really just wanted to punch somebody. Just so there is a record of all the dumb things that happened at the tourney:

- reserved a venue for a time, was assured of that time, didn't check and didn't get it
- venue didn't allow all of the entrants to get in on time because of requirements we were assured would have been dealt with
- Dane was not at the venue most of the time because he was with his girlfriend or making calls at home or whatever.
- people were hired to run this event but the people running it weren't the hosts of the tourney (Hall's laptop, Rickety/Lep seeding/calling matches, etc.)
- food and lack of surveillance
- empty promises to go to Dane's house to finish the tourney
(Wait, why did actual smashers go to this? That was dumb of you if you did, sorry.)
- Is there anything else I missed?

Dreamhack, you're a cool, chill guy, but dude, you were used by Dane and became what many would call a "patsy." Now, you advertised for him, and many would hold you responsible, but I would just say why waste time with you because you really didn't know any of this was going to happen. I am upset at you for leaving Hall/Pat/Rick to run Dane's tournament. I am also upset at you for not learning from your past mistakes. But I guess that should be on us too. Whoops.

Dreamhack doesn't have any money, he was duped just as much as we all were, and really, we have Dane's address now, and we have evidence and a phone number, which I'm sure Dreamhack will be most happy to share with us, and we know Dane's previous employers, and apparently Dreamhack was already on Dane's Radio Show so he must have more information that we can use to just: Go. After. Dane.

~ Oats
Thanks Oats I just wanna add one quick thing though....

Sorry on Oats, Hall, Pat, and Rick for making it seem like it was all on you guys. As you also saw I was trying to get a hold of Dane and Find out Where The Hell he was! During that one hours long period were no one knew where the hell he was!!! But thanks for trying to help me out when I was in that Jam, and as Pat can tell you we were having some wierd *** glitches with TIO.....

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
ok i got danes adress but whats his phone number. i might be able to get his car blown up. Hood connections, dont underestimate em haha

edit: dreamhack you should get dane to set up another tournament for you, and no joke, everyone just go and beat the **** out of em.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Stop apologizing Dreamhack and stop trying to rectify everything by providing "answers" people don't really care to hear right now, because your rectifications are only making way for everyone to spread your rectum out even more with verbal abuse. For your benefit, I'd suggest you peep up unless you can provide every possible bit of knowledge you have on Dane. And don't post it up publicly.

~ Oats

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
i was about to go to this thing and reside at my cousins for awhile but getting there and comin back (PLUS food and entrance for the tourney) wouldve costed me big time in costs but couldnt go cause i had stuff to do here.

i dont know why im mad. because for one, i didnt go. but i just feel a little sorry for the people that actually went wasting a lot of money just to attend

3Years

Smash Lord
Edit 2: Coachella Valley? You mean that desert town where everyone is either destitute poor or filthy old rich? Yeah, waaaaaay better than cooool Chula Vista, near the beach, and with awesome people like ourselves. :p
1 its not just desert

2 chula vista IS whack

and 3 coachella valley has cooler people fyi

Edit 3years: You should play singles.
haha why???

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I made an implication when I stated that you should play singles and I also meant to add, without saying, that you are good enough to play singles. <3

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This isn't baseball where you get three tries at something. Everyone can see how horribly this tournament was ran. Anyone with half a brain is not going to go to your next tournament.

Top Bottom