• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Hugs, that's uncalled for.

Gamers Universe 1 was actually a success, very well run tournament, and it was hosted by the same people.

Sure, this tournament was a PoS, from what I hear, but that doesn't mean you have to do things out of spite and assume things that don't make any sense at all.

P.S. Don't blame Dreamhack, blame DANE. It was not Dreamhack's fault. I understand Dane took money/told lies/was a general jerk.
Yeah you're right. I apologize, that was uncalled for. Smashers are rich so it's cool if they get jacked a few hundred dollars.

Not only that, but gas is cheap, and San Diego is pretty close by to most regions; people didn't end up using too much gas to get there anyways.

I guess you may have taken my post a bit too seriously, but even then, my **** was VERY called for.

Less sorries, more moneys.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
^^^
im not saying you took the money you ***git. im saying you ****ed up by trusting dane, and not to host another tourney because no one is gonna go

edit: and stop typing like that. u dont need exclamation marks and capitalized letters in every sentence.
Wow so ****ing GAY!

Not even trying to start a fight over the ****ing internet....

P.S
Its just a GAME! If you win money at tournies doing it koo, but at the end of the day its just a **** game nothing else.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
whats cooler than making money playing a video game? not much id say that much. and if its just a game you shouldn't be trying to do anything with it. so ya, stop hosting tournaments cuz you suck.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
P.S
Its just a GAME! If you win money at tournies doing it koo, but at the end of the day its just a **** game nothing else.
If that's the case, that this is just a **** game, then the same can be said about many things; your job, your relationships, our lives, you name it. If you're trying to imply that this is less of a big deal than people are making it out to be, then you'd better take a few steps back on your words my friend.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
whats cooler than making money playing a video game? not much id say that much. and if its just a game you shouldn't be trying to do anything with it. so ya, stop hosting tournaments cuz you suck.
I do it cause its ****ing fun! A video game is made to entertain you thats what it does. I never said I was trying to do anything with it. I had fun hosting my 1st one cause it entertained me and it was successful and I just had hella bad luck on these. **** happens plain and simple!

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
I do it cause its ****ing fun! A video game is made to entertain you thats what it does. I never said I was trying to do anything with it. I had fun hosting my 1st one cause it entertained me and it was successful and I just had hella bad luck on these. **** happens plain and simple!
isn't hosting a tournament doing something with it? and ya video games are meant for entertaining but some people take seriously as well, i.e, people that go to tournaments. so since you had two tournaments go terrible, you should stop wasting peoples time and money by hosting ****ty as tournaments.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
P.S
What does this have to do with anything??

Anyway, I'm pretty sure no one is going to go to your ****ty tournaments anymore so like Boo said, just stop running tournaments. You'll save everyone the trouble.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
isn't hosting a tournament doing something with it? and ya video games are meant for entertaining but some people take seriously as well, i.e, people that go to tournaments. so since you had two tournaments go terrible, you should stop wasting peoples time and money by hosting ****ty as tournaments.
What does this have to do with anything??

Anyway, I'm pretty sure no one is going to go to your ****ty tournaments anymore so like Boo said, just stop running tournaments. You'll save everyone the trouble.
Just to throw this out there as well, the first tournament I threw at G.U., that went good was the one when I barely met Dane. So I ran it the way I wanted it to go and everything ran smoothly......

Then the next two, the ones that went to ****, where the ones that Dane ran and picked the venue and decided to throw in the food, drinks, ect., ect..... and look what happened?

WOW, I just barely put that **** together!

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
doesnt matter. you lost your credibility as it is. and you didnt answer aero. are they gonna get their money?

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
the first gamers universe rickety ran the bracket and seeding and i helped and called out matches. Maybe you set up the venue but as for actually running the tournament... Nice try. No offense, because I'm sure deep down you are capable of hosting a decent tournament, but hosting goes beyond just posting on the boards.

Also "it's just a game" is a garbage argument. It's a tournament, and people payed money and traveled. Thus, whether you consider it "just a game" or not, people don't take kindly to disappearing money, after they've invested money in competing.

that's like saying "it's just money". Maybe YOU can afford to spend $50 + on gas to travel hella far for a tournament, plus entry fee money, and not be phased when all the money dissappears, but in the real world, everyone has a right to be upset and rather than say sorry over and over and get emotional, you should straighten things out quickly.

Just straighten out the money issues with doubles AND singles, and people will slowly get over how garbage the tournament turned out to be.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
the first gamers universe rickety ran the bracket and seeding and i helped and called out matches. Maybe you set up the venue but as for actually running the tournament... Nice try. No offense, because I'm sure deep down you are capable of hosting a decent tournament, but hosting goes beyond just posting on the boards.

Also "it's just a game" is a garbage argument. It's a tournament, and people payed money and traveled. Thus, whether you consider it "just a game" or not, people don't take kindly to disappearing money, after they've invested money in competing.

that's like saying "it's just money". Maybe YOU can afford to spend $50 + on gas to travel hella far for a tournament, plus entry fee money, and not be phased when all the money dissappears, but in the real world, everyone has a right to be upset and rather than say sorry over and over and get emotional, you should straighten things out quickly.

Just straighten out the money issues with doubles AND singles, and people will slowly get over how garbage the tournament turned out to be.
Nicely said.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Wow...money went missing?

I'm glad I pulled out my money and boned outta there.

Where the hell are the cops?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Nezumi's right. If Dreamhack says he takes full responsibility, he needs to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY. I forgot that ESPN was supposed to be there. and all this missing money, wtf was that about? Dane told Ripn and I that because we couldnt continue the rest of the tourney at D&B, that they would refund him the money for the extra hours we didnt use and he would give the winning teams the refunded money evenly (60 30 10), but he didnt. Hack owes us money

On a side note, when are the videos going to be posted from this tourney?
I noticed the commentary and what appeared to be a live feed that was tight ^__^

exactly.

and in all honesty, this **** is unacceptable. this is what you hear about on the news, when a couple of guys who were up to no good start causing trouble in your neighborhood friendley tournaments.

but seriously, this is **** people get ****ed up for. Had i not gotten my money, pretty sure some b!tches be on the floor. i wouldn't settle for one hundred ****en dollars.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
and then dream hack goes and says, "its just a game". ya and its just ***** money too, over 500 dollars in cash that the people that earned it didnt receive. apologies dont come close to make up for missing money period whether it be 5 dollars or 1000 dollars its unacceptable. its getting to the point where i think the police need to be involved

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
I say you give them the money you owe and no one will say **** no more

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hugs, that's uncalled for.

Gamers Universe 1 was actually a success, very well run tournament, and it was hosted by the same people.
yeah? really? that's why other smashers spent the entire time running it, right? and what happened at GU 2?

And how is the **** he's saying uncalled for?

you're right. hundreds of missing dollars isn't uncalled for, my apology.

lets do some math.

41 teams.

$20 per team.

41 * $20 = $820

1st place was promised 60% of the pot.

that's $492 dollars.

they received 200.

2nd place didn't even recieve their prize, when promised 30% percent.

that's $246.

i have no info about 3rd place and what they recieved.

so lets see.

1st place is missing $292.
2nd place is missing $246.

you're right. what everyone is saying is completely uncalled for. PLEASE DON'T TRASH TALK GUYZ!

if a ***** is right, they can trash talk all they want. gtfo, you weren't there.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
ya dreamhack, and u better do it quick because in everthing that has happend, it sure as hell looks like some kind of scam was involved. not to mention dane trying to sell some E

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
yeah? really? that's why other smashers spent the entire time running it, right? and what happened at GU 2?

And how is the **** he's saying uncalled for?

you're right. hundreds of missing dollars isn't uncalled for, my apology.

lets do some math.

41 teams.

$20 per team.

41 * $20 = $820

1st place was promised 60% of the pot.

that's $492 dollars.

they received 200.

2nd place didn't even recieve their prize, when promised 30% percent.

that's $246.

i have no info about 3rd place and what they recieved.

so lets see.

1st place is missing $292.
2nd place is missing $246.

you're right. what everyone is saying is completely uncalled for. PLEASE DON'T TRASH TALK GUYZ!

if a ***** is right, they can trash talk all they want. gtfo, you weren't there.

u tell em mike lol

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know the exact amount that went into running the whole thing? Like how much the venue cost, food, etc. I'm just trying to do the math right now. Like any number Dane tossed out might be helpful.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
the venue was 800 $s
but dane said it turned out to be around 1100 including food for everyone, which is ridiculous because there was almost no food at all

Samus-T

Smash Lord
ah well then there ya go lol. how about food? also take into consideration that they refunded the money from the 5 hours we didnt use for the venue (12pm-6pm)

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
but people who didnt pay got to eat to because no one was monitoring who bought a ticket and who didnt

Samus-T

Smash Lord
oh my bad, apparantly, there were 70 teams (which makes more sense)

http://www.getyourtournament.com/

get *****. ^
i was just about to post this link. read the last paragraph. UNBELIEVABLE

"The tournament was allegedly sponsored by XSPN-AM 800, the ESPN Radio affiliate based in San Diego. There were reports on Internet message boards that Dane had a local radio show and wanted to tie Saturday's tournament with the radio station.

There are no local shows listed on the XSPN-AM Web site.

A station manager at Mec Network, the organization overseeing XSPN-AM, told Get Your Tournament on Monday that XSPN-AM has no local shows, and there is no show on the station involving a person named Dane."

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Dane's about ready to get ****ed up by everybody.

Just think if this was the MvC2 community; he'd be a dead man already.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'd like to throw in this fact:

1/3 is not a good average. It's FAIL. I don't plan on coming to another tournament associated with Dane or Dreamhack ever again. It's just not worth the risk driving down there or wasting a Saturday. I feel extremely bad for those that were cheated out of their deserving prize money. Once things got shady, I bolted out of their, rather than risk going to his "house." Glad I did. I feel gypped, he talked to me all in a nice way b4 the tourny, but now I think it was totally fake just to get people on his side. I'm pretty trusting of people but once I see someone breaks that I really don't ever trust them ever again, and that means never coming to one of these tournies. Dreamhack's poor judgement of trusting Dane is reason alone enough for me not to trust his tournaments in the future.

Don't worry SD, once Summer is over Lep will be back on campus and be able to rent out the lodge again for amazing tri weeklies, probably the best run regularly occuring Socal tournies that ever occured for Smash. I'd count Chapman but they didn't occur regularly ;)

Top Bottom