• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Dreamhack, dude. Just stay quiet. Seriously, stop digging yourself a deeper grave. Jesus-tap-dancing-Christ. Just deal with the people whose money you owe privately. Man, you're killing me, Smalls.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
he says they always take money out of the pot for venue fee, food, etc. so then in reality, the pot isnt distributed 60,30,10 as you advertise. its more like 30,20,10.

FAIL

Samus-T

Smash Lord
were gonna host a tourney in our cv sometime in the near future and i guarantee, ****s gonna be so cash.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'll go to Dreamhack's next tourney.

He's a cool guy ;) He has my support.

But....I have to personally say.

Dane < Pile of Crap

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Words on the internet VS I knowing the person in real life.

Besides, Dane RUNS the tournament. Hack just helps. Get your facts straight. ;)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
no, none of them run the tournaments, rickety, azn lep, and hall do. so "get your facts straight"

and, nyjin, i dont like you, we should money match for $10+ :]

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
My facts are straight. They prepare venues/advertise/etc.

That sounds like running tournaments to me. Running them well? That might be an iffy.

And I'll money-match you anytime once I get back on the 29th. ;)

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Lol, I look forward to the match. I'm not going to waste my time saying "I'm super good!" though. Just have to wait. ;)

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
A free tournament... but by dane.

I'll go if it's close enough that gas isn't an issue and i think less than ten people will show up. Any more than that and I'll leave and go watch the dark knight again.

Or I might stay to see the mob in action. This Dane guy is pissing off people more than Manacloud, and in far less time.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Well, mana WAS there, so maybe he influenced dane somehow :O

killer tofu

Smash Lord
People will show.... wether it's 10 players or 100??? If were throwing a free tournament as a chance to redeem ourselves people will show.....
they are going to use all the money they stole to run another ****ty tournament to piss everybody off.....

don't go

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
All I know is I'm never going to anything sponsored by ESPN, hosted by Dreamhack, held at Dave and Busters, or that hired Dane ever again.

Anyone responsible for this tournament had absolutely no idea what they were doing, were annoying and unhelpful, ripped us off on the buffet, wasted our time and expenses, and took money out of the pot.

The last thing I'm going to do is support them by going to another one of their tournaments.

Edit - I haven't read much of this thread at all, but even if Dreamhack or whoever had good intentions, they still did a shltty job of running/organizing this. How does anyone even remotely familiar with the competitive Smash scene "forget" to account for a 6pm deadline? For a tournament of this scale I've never seen such terrible planning.

Edit 2 - Oh and I also hope to discourage everyone else from going to any future events.

This is not aimed at the people who just helped out, like Hall for example. I dunno if he was officially part of it but I saw him running brackets. He was cool and I've seen him before at a few tournaments and he helped us out afterwards by giving us directions and taking us pretty much EVERYWHERE (even though barely any of them worked out LOL), so anyone in a similar boat as that guy is obviously excused.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So i read the article and it does clear up a lot of stuff but I still have more questions. If a different manager booked the wedding reception, and one manager booked you, why did THEY get precedence/priority over us? Shouldn't it have been EQUAL priority since we both booked it? So D and B should have accomodated us/you by giving us a different room or different area. It doesn't make sense why they'd kick us out completely if there is paperwork that we can be there all day.

PS - Having the venue to only 8pm is poor planning as well. This isn't Melee. Brawl needs to be booked to 10pm.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
We're money matching? Lol okay, i'm going to an irvine melee tourney on sunday if you really want to, otherwise you can just wait till i go to another chula vista tourney... which i probably will.

I use fox/falco/marth/sheik btw, we can MM for all 4 if you want

Top Bottom