• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Place closed down the day before without anyone knowing dawg.

I should have bought a game at Luna VG. Or bought a SNES.
Ooooh, how much was the SNES?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
theres no point in complaining about something like that the first place prize was a **** load of money. you better believe, that i would've tried my hardest. regardless..! i could've definitely used that kind of money. sucks that i didn't go.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, how much was the SNES?
I think the older, rectangular one was like $40-50 while the newer version SNES was $10 more. I probably would have bought it, but it was hot as a mug in there and I'm saving my cash for Comic Con W00T.

3Years

Smash Lord
oh yeah haha i was 714???

dude its so comfy i luv it on our way home we took high 74 and im not sure if u guys no about it but its a super narrow highway and your tires r like 2 feet from fallin off the cliff n it has really sharp turns and sham was goin like 60-70...me kaizen organ were like ahhh then finally slowed down

lawl it was fun

Rickety

Peace and Love
Let me reiterate what Pat/Azn_Lep said,

Please don't get a bad impression of San Diego based on this non-Triweekly tournament series.

Love love love,
rick(ety)

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
The entire day was a big debacle, but none of it could have really been prevented by anyone present. The venue had to go really late just to maintain single elimination as they had to keep a 60 person tournament going on three TVs. The cause for the money reward being lower than anticipated was a combination of withdrawals from the tournament that weren't taken out of the results as well as the house taking 40% as they did in the last GU tourney. I thought that part was common knowledge, but if it isn't Dreamhack might do well to mention that in the tournament notice posts he makes if he hasn't already. In the end, I can't blame anyone for leaving nor can I blame the host for being unable to keep everyone happy under the circumstances.

Shoutouts today!?:

Dregz: omgwtfgannondorf. Sucks you didn't get to stick around for the actual tourney but needs more sparta kick!

Team 69: Man, in order to have beaten my amazing dual pokemon trainer on rainbow cruise strategy you clearly must have hacked! But srsly nice play <3

Ghettosoldier and the Pink Thunder: Nice job yesterday! gj getting so far and wtf I just got blitzed by a pink metaknight awesome

Boo: Oh man, that was an epic victory with Bowser. Gimpyfish is fired!

Nabster: FUC... good game man! :dizzy:

Guys with a camera: Hey, those videos gonna be up on youtube anytime soon? :D

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
Sham: OH **** YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x2 (after winning by a hair)

btw whos dreamhack? the mlg black guy or the little hispanic guy? lol

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Sham: OH **** YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x2 (after winning by a hair)

btw whos dreamhack? the mlg black guy or the little hispanic guy? lol
iirc glenn is the MLG guy. I think Dreamhack is the tall guy who helps organize and makes all the advertising posts for the GU tournies, but is not the host. I don't if the host has an online alias but he helps organize and hosts a bunch of different tournaments

3Years

Smash Lord
dude BoO's bowser is beastly

joey (sham) im goin 2 the mall maybe i can go 2 your house so i can give u the vids i recorded and get some matches in

Samus-T

Smash Lord
next time i consider going to a tournament, im gonna make sure its not a venue like this one was lol soooo wack V__V. glenn didnt even stay for more than 15 minutes XD

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
omg I think i was off my game that day, sucked soo bad, wasnt even funny...

next time I just hope all this crazy stuff doesnt happen and we actually get to play ata real venue, xD

Also, single-elimination singles is kinda lame, but w/e

3Years

Smash Lord
hmmm not a huge fan of redbull it messes up my game if it was redline or monster then i would be happy

CV is thinkin about hosting a tourney

GeekY

Smash Cadet
redbull isnt all that great tasting but made me energetic. then i got ****ed over near the end and started twitching and hands were shaking facing nabil, nabster. how far is CV from sd? or la?

LHG

Smash Journeyman
hmmm not a huge fan of redbull it messes up my game if it was redline or monster then i would be happy

CV is thinkin about hosting a tourney
I don't like Red Bull either.

If CV does a tourney this summer, SM could probably make a trip there if we weren't busy. Gotsta travel to get better at Smash, right? :bee:

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Let me reiterate what Pat/Azn_Lep said,

Please don't get a bad impression of San Diego based on this non-Triweekly tournament series.

Love love love,
rick(ety)
**** haha,

I'm not going to be in session during the summer so there won't be many triweeklies. I'll try and throw together one or two just to keep things interesting.

I should think about making these shirts so the CV guys don't think all SD tournaments are like this...

3Years

Smash Lord
yeah we can host it this summer our player sham has a huge house and he wants 2 have a tourney so i hope that we can get alot of other smashers 2 come so we dont end up playin ourselfs haha

edit: hey azn_lep u go 2 school with Tiza dont u???

LHG

Smash Journeyman
I should think about making these shirts so the CV guys don't think all SD tournaments are like this...
All profits go to LHG, whoever that guy is who wanted it to be on a shirt. Kthxbai.

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDING. LOL, that'd be pretty freakin dope if you made them.

Tye132

Smash Rookie
When did he say that? And if CV does end up hosting a tournament I look forward to that.

Top Bottom