• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

3Years

Smash Lord
thanx man

dude your snake is epic and its even kooler that u play with that classic controller i cant get over that haha

Hall

Smash Ace
Yo CV peeps, how are the vids coming along? I'd really like to take a look see once you've got them uploaded.

Hall

Smash Ace
yo hall` how'd you do against 3 IncH, wasnt really watching due to my match being up
I did alright. It was kind of back and forth. He 2 stocked me, I 2 stocked him, he two stocked me again, then I ran out of matches :(. (I'm pretty sure we two stocked each other, he might have just two stocked me).

All in all they were fun matches.

Hall

Smash Ace
heh snakes on snakes are pretty intense. and pretty fun.

throwing nades at each other.. throwing them back.. shielding with one in your hand.

good stuff (:
Actually I'm happy to say that apart from a couple 'nade juggling moments we were in each others face pretty often with huge explosions in the background like an over budgeted Hollywood movie. (Picture Ecks vs Sever with two Snakes and a little more plot)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
READ!!!

OK, where to start??? Since I've been gone for a week I had to read through a lot of ****! First off, imma start by saying sorry about the whole location change. I barely knew the day of that it was being relocated to a much hella smaller place! So I want to say sorry for the people that made that drive to G.U. to find out that it was relocated to Luna Games. I feel it went well considering it was put together at the last minute (Literally!) so cut us some slack for it going down the way it went down. Because the truth is if Me, Dane, Rick, and everyone else that was involved didn't really care we would have said "**** IT!" and there wouldn't have been nothing so please be a little more grateful! Next, I'm just wondering why some people are complaining and hating on the fact that we took out some money from the pot to pay for the location, food, and drinks (Red Bulls were free by Dane's Sponsors btw). It's not like its a huge deal 1st place got like 200 something dollars! Its not like he's hurting there??? And you guys got full stomachs and got some MLG handouts! BTW: I wanted one of those D*mn Sweatshirts!!! But onward with it! As far as I know there will be no more Tournaments held at G.U. because they are infact closing down! We are currently looking for a new venue or just until Dane opens up Mr. Sweet Tooth or whatever his game plan is for that? I will still update and post everything that is going down on this thread. So keep checking back on this thread for updates. But in the end I think it went well and I'm sorry about the location change and thanks to everyone that still came out and entered.

Shout Outs!

Rickety- Thanks a bunch for coming out! Again Rick I couldn't have done it with out you! Much Love! <3

Dane- Thanks for still putting it together for everyone and not just saying "**** It!" Hopefully we get this venue situation squared away....

Hall- Thanks a million for letting us use your Labtop! You saved my *** right there with that one! LOL! :laugh:

Luda- Thanks for helping out too and I dont know how you came back in that doubles MATCH!!! I want a re-match and we need to double up some time....

Ghetto Soldier- Thanks for showing up and you have been working on that snake! :)

AND OF COURSE LUNA GAMES FOR HAVING US ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE AND TO EVERYONE THAT BROUGHT TV'S AND WII'S!!! THANKS AGAIN!

GeekY

Smash Cadet
READ!!!

OK, where to start??? Since I've been gone for a week I had to read through a lot of ****! First off, imma start by saying sorry about the whole location change. I barely knew the day of that it was being relocated to a much hella smaller place! So I want to say sorry for the people that made that drive to G.U. to find out that it was relocated to Luna Games. I feel it went well considering it was put together at the last minute (Literally!) so cut us some slack for it going down the way it went down. Because the truth is if Me, Dane, Rick, and everyone else that was involved didn't really care we would have said "**** IT!" and there wouldn't have been nothing so please be a little more grateful! Next, I'm just wondering why some people are complaining and hating on the fact that we took out some money from the pot to pay for the location, food, and drinks (Red Bulls were free by Dane's Sponsors btw). It's not like its a huge deal 1st place got like 200 something dollars! Its not like he's hurting there??? And you guys got full stomachs and got some MLG handouts! BTW: I wanted one of those D*mn Sweatshirts!!! But onward with it! As far as I know there will be no more Tournaments held at G.U. because they are infact closing down! We are currently looking for a new venue or just until Dane opens up Mr. Sweet Tooth or whatever his game plan is for that? I will still update and post everything that is going down on this thread. So keep checking back on this thread for updates. But in the end I think it went well and I'm sorry about the location change and thanks to everyone that still came out and entered.

Shout Outs!

Rickety- Thanks a bunch for coming out! Again Rick I couldn't have done it with out you! Much Love! <3

Dane- Thanks for still putting it together for everyone and not just saying "**** It!" Hopefully we get this venue situation squared away....

Hall- Thanks a million for letting us use your Labtop! You saved my *** right there with that one! LOL! :laugh:

Luda- Thanks for helping out too and I dont know how you came back in that doubles MATCH!!! I want a re-match and we need to double up some time....

Ghetto Soldier- Thanks for showing up and you have been working on that snake! :)

AND OF COURSE LUNA GAMES FOR HAVING US ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE AND TO EVERYONE THAT BROUGHT TV'S AND WII'S!!! THANKS AGAIN!

anyways uhm. didnt know how to quote the exact words, but.. 1st place didnt get 200. he got 120. thats nearly 50% of the pot. yeah props to the last minute things, and the food and redbull [ well redbull was free ] . but i think personally that it would of went better if money wasnt taken out. and due to single elimination, entrance fee should of been 5 dollars. but its okay kudos dream

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
anyways uhm. didnt know how to quote the exact words, but.. 1st place didnt get 200. he got 120. thats nearly 50% of the pot. yeah props to the last minute things, and the food and redbull [ well redbull was free ] . but i think personally that it would of went better if money wasnt taken out. and due to single elimination, entrance fee should of been 5 dollars. but its okay kudos dream
Thank you! I also forgot to mention that the only reason it was Single Elimination was due to the shortage of time that we had left..... If we had more wii's then it would've been different story but considering we only had 4 wii's and it was already 7:00 when we were starting singles is kinda bad. So thats why we had to make it single elimination or just not have had single's at all which would've been totally GAY!

GeekY

Smash Cadet
Thank you! I also forgot to mention that the only reason it was Single Elimination was due to the shortage of time that we had left..... If we had more wii's then it would've been different story but considering we only had 4 wii's and it was already 7:00 when we were starting singles is kinda bad. So thats why we had to make it single elimination or just not have had single's at all which would've been totally GAY!

haha yeah at least we had singles o.o ;; kudos again.
sooo is that next tourney gonna be at D&B? lol that guy giving out
MLG stuff said it was gonna be there o.o??

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
haha yeah at least we had singles o.o ;; kudos again.
sooo is that next tourney gonna be at D&B? lol that guy giving out
MLG stuff said it was gonna be there o.o??
Nah we dont know yet but I dont think its gonna be there though.... It might be at the Helio Store which is in Downtown but were still talking about it cause Helio is one of the Sponsors so there gonna be giving out some stuff as well as the prize money that we have. But like I said its in the making right now. So just give us some time to sort all of this out and from there were gonna see whats up and you guys will be the first to know.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I remember Dane telling me that he already has a location picked out for Mr. Sweet Tooth, and that he could have his place up and running within a month. That would be nice, but I hope he takes a little longer to properly plan his business out. At any rate, Dream and Rick did a good job, and it's always nice to have Dane around.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I remember Dane telling me that he already has a location picked out for Mr. Sweet Tooth, and that he could have his place up and running within a month. That would be nice, but I hope he takes a little longer to properly plan his business out. At any rate, Dream and Rick did a good job, and it's always nice to have Dane around.
Yeah thanks, but Dane is prolly gonna take his time on that because he does want it to be good and have everything we need..... Again were still looking for a venue and me and dane are gonna meet up to look at some spots for the next tournament.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there with a Wii that's no longer ******** and probably a TV.
Yeah, I remember you being pretty chapped about that at the last tourney...

This is gonna be great...unless Dave and Buster's suddenly goes bankrupt the night before the tournament.

I'm kidding. Dream, is Ricky going to help you guys out again?

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I'm like ten minutes away from there. I pass that place all the time going to work.

Selendrile and Gursalug, i'm guessing form your post you're also kind of close by?

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
I'm like ten minutes away from there. I pass that place all the time going to work.

Selendrile and Gursalug, i'm guessing form your post you're also kind of close by?
My job is in Mission Valley and like I said my brother lives close to D&B, but neither me nor Gursalug live there. Close though.

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
does dane still have that paper with the all those names of people that didnt take their money back? i remember him saying we get in for free.

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I also agree Rick should come. It would be awesome, since i need to get some more friendlies with him (that one with DDD and that lucky trip doesnt count)

Anyway, It looks like i can make it, but I want to make sure you guys got Dave+Busters to drop their 'People 18 and under MUST have a 21 or older chaperon at all times' thing so we dont have headaches with everyone trying to get in.

Also: since this is at Dave and Busters... Who wants to play some freaking DDR while we're there?

Top Bottom