• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Samus-T

Smash Lord
super you fail. the pizza and redbull money was takin out of the winners pot and noone was told. maybe it wasnt dream hacks fault but that was still really ****ty

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
mike/aero like i said dane handles the money, sure taking money out isnt right but it wasnt hack thats what i tried to clear up
red bull is free since dane has those types of connections , but food was bought with prize money
Um...it's free money?
thank you, see someone gets it
and its just a game

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Yea I mean just be glad people go out of their way to get a venue like Dave and Busters. Or anything for that matter. And if you thought the last tournament was Sh**** then that's a respectable opinion. If you didn't like how things were run by Dane, that as well is a respectable opinion. We're playing a video game about Nintendo characters fighting each other... in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. There are much more important things in life than Brawl. So relax, it's just a game. You didn't get cheated out of money because it was never your money in the first place to begin with. We're here to have fun.

Hack was just the messenger running the voice for the tournament, nothing more.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Thank you Mario, Havok, and Narmerguy for backing me up on the topic! But I'm done talking and debating this! Its just retarted! Its over and done with! Just everyone be happy and grateful that Me, Dane, and everyone else that gets involved with this takes time out and does these tournaments cause we care about the smash scene and everything..... Lets just look to the future and focus on D&B! :)

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
ja some people take tourneys too seriously to make a big deal out of this
There are much more important things in life than Brawl. So relax, it's just a game. You didn't get cheated out of money because it was never your money in the first place to begin with. We're here to have fun.
Um...it's free money?
well im glad to see that at least some of us have common sense round here

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
people take is seriously because it's money is serious business.

maybe you guys haven't made enough money off, thats why you dont think it's a big deal.

iono.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
hey guys...easy...look...its just one of those things where you know what NOT to do for the next time. so...just learn from the mistakes so next time will be stress free.

smash glossary:

entry fee =money collected to enter the tournement. initially, money that goes into the pot to be split between the winners (top 3 or 4)

venue fee = any extra money ON TOP OF the entry fee to pay for any venue expenses. Venue fee doesnt even need to be justified. just as long as people know that there is a venue fee apon entry. VENUE FEE DOESNT GO INTO THE POT. VENUE FEE IS DELT WITH BY THE HOST!!!
(i.e security deposits, booking fees, electricity, FOOD, DRINKS)

example:

singles : $10 entry fee + $5 venue fee ($15 total)

now thats thats cleared up........whos down for some San Diego Lovin?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
mo money mo problems.
NEHHHHHUGUHHH'.

what chu know bout my bills
WHAT CHU KNOW BOUT MY BILLS.
PAY ME. NYKAH

Hall

Smash Ace
mo money mo problems.
NEHHHHHUGUHHH'.

what chu know bout my bills
WHAT CHU KNOW BOUT MY BILLS.
PAY ME. NYKAH
RRRRGH! GRAAAAARGH! AAAAAAARGH! YEAAAAARGH!:chuckle:

So...any idea whats on the menu for D&B's buffet? I like 'da eats!
:hunger:

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice

maybe you guys haven't made enough money off, thats why you dont think it's a big deal.

iono.
If you won first place in every tournament you went to and went to a lot of tournies you might make like 700-800 bucks a month and don't forget to deduct travel expenses. You might get 10k in a year which is about a third of what you can make flipping burgers. This game has no sponsorship or respectable pots(yet, I guess). If you think this is serious business iono what to tell you. Smash bros is for fun and pride and spare change.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

iono.
Yeah I can understand that if your always constantly playing and just getting paid at every tourney cause your just ****** people left and right....

entry fee =money collected to enter the tournement. initially, money that goes into the pot to be split between the winners (top 3 or 4)

venue fee = any extra money ON TOP OF the entry fee to pay for any venue expenses. Venue fee doesnt even need to be justified. just as long as people know that there is a venue fee apon entry. VENUE FEE DOESNT GO INTO THE POT. VENUE FEE IS DELT WITH BY THE HOST!!!
(i.e security deposits, booking fees, electricity, FOOD, DRINKS)

example:

singles : $10 entry fee + $5 venue fee ($15 total)

now thats thats cleared up........whos down for some San Diego Lovin?
Dane has it set up differently. I'll pitch that idea to him so there won't be no more of this BS thats going on right now. But if he goes for it which he will it prolly won't go into affect until next tourney cause he's already broadcasted it threw ESPN Radio and going back and changing sh*t would be a big mess!

mo money mo problems.
Straight up Bone knows whats up! LOL!

RRRRGH! GRAAAAARGH! AAAAAAARGH! YEAAAAARGH!:chuckle:

So...any idea whats on the menu for D&B's buffet? I like 'da eats!
:hunger:
Me and dane are still talking about it but I'll let you guys know whats up? D*mn I've freaking got the munchies now!!!! :)

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dreamhack, some **** came up and I wont be able to attend Dave and Busters anymore =(. So you can take me off as a confirmed Wii. Sorry man.

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
bah. my friend keeps freaking out about the venue. he keeps thinking they wont let us in because of our age. do you guys think we'll need an adult? and if we do, would anyone mind being our parent:). were both 17.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I too would like some clarification about the tournament. Most, if not all, tournaments do not care about your age. However, Dave & Busters serves alcohol on its premises and by law people who go there must be at least 21 or accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. Will this take place in a back room at D&B where that rule can be waived, or will the rule still be in effect, forcing parents to stay with the entrants at all times?

If it's the latter, then I think a lot of younger smashers won't be able to convince their parents to stay with them all day, and will not be able to come to this. :(

bajisci

Smash Ace
I too would like some clarification about the tournament. Most, if not all, tournaments do not care about your age. However, Dave & Busters serves alcohol on its premises and by law people who go there must be at least 21 or accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. Will this take place in a back room at D&B where that rule can be waived, or will the rule still be in effect, forcing parents to stay with the entrants at all times?

If it's the latter, then I think a lot of younger smashers won't be able to convince their parents to stay with them all day, and will not be able to come to this. :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( if thats true rickety there wont be any east coast luvin at this event :(:(:(

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh. Great offer KyubiKirby but from the last time I went to Dave n Busters, you had to be plus 25 to bring in people under 21.

From Dreamhack said earlier, Dave N Busters was going to do something that allowed for those under 18 to participate. I assume they're just going to close people off to a specific part of the venue, but that's just me. Not to mention, where would they put the TVs and stuff? Hmm...

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Heh heh. Great offer KyubiKirby but from the last time I went to Dave n Busters, you had to be plus 25 to bring in people under 21.

From Dreamhack said earlier, Dave N Busters was going to do something that allowed for those under 18 to participate. I assume they're just going to close people off to a specific part of the venue, but that's just me. Not to mention, where would they put the TVs and stuff? Hmm...
was worth a try, also, should I bring my tv as well? or just the wii and let them supply the tvs...

Rickety

Peace and Love
Actually, I believe to be a legal guardian you must be 25 years old, not 21 :(

Ooh, but I want East Coast Loving! <3
Bajisci, lets play sometime :]

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Dane told me that he's gonna have like so many "Guardians" to come down not only to supervise the tournament but to be a guardian for those who are under 18.... So don't worry about it. A guardian (someone over 21) can take in I believe like 5-6 underaged people in so we don't have to worry about it.

bajisci

Smash Ace
if i go to the tournament ill play u rickety ^_^, and thats good to hear dreamhack

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Thats all well and good (him bringing down guardians), but they wont even let you IN without one. Are you guys gonna have someone over 25 chillin in the lobby with a 'talk to me to get into SSBB tourney' sign or something so people can actually get in?

Also... you guys cleared that plan with D&B right? We don't want them pulling a 'you cant do that' on us, that would suck.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Nah that wont happen besides everyone is gonna be together most of the time cause the tourney is gonna be going on the only time you'll be by yourself is if your gonna eat or something so I wouldn't worry about it!

Awex

Smash Lord
Hey..

This is a week away.

Gonna be a lot of fun, but it'd be kinda nice to have some 100% clarification of the guardian situation, if possible.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Alright I'll talk to Dane so I can get a final word on this for everyone....
yeah bro that would be nice since we dont want any last minute surprises at the tournament specially regarding age and such

EDIT: lately i barely play anymore so does anyone want to practice???
2nd EDIT: hey hack did you get my mail confirming my wii for this and would you need a tv or something??

Top Bottom