• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Upload When? kplzthnxbye

Yeah, just post up a link once you CV guys actually upload the video. I'd like to see the Team ****, Hall and I received in the finals of doubles.

-Oats

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
Wow, there was a grip of money at this thing. I wish i could have gone.
the 10$ entry fee was bull****.

>_>

why was the entry fee so ridiculously expensive? tournaments should never go past 7-8$, 5$ entry, rest into venue.

also, Hall has a very good Snake. He actually utilizes the explosives like the way he should be played unlike many other snakes out there.

Hopper

Smash Cadet
Considering the turnout did the winners get the respective money equivalent?

The Game II

Smash Champion
the 10$ entry fee was bull****.

>_>

why was the entry fee so ridiculously expensive? tournaments should never go past 7-8$, 5$ entry, rest into venue.
The tournament was announced about 3 weeks in advance, so no johns about the entry fees.

--GCII (the initials to my real name, to answer your question)

Tye132

Smash Rookie
I'm still dissappointed I didn't get to practice before the tournament since I had finals that week =[ Hey Rickety can we do some friendlys some time? I would love to have some pointers on GnW haha and if anyone esle is down let me know I can't wait for the next tournament haha

LHG

Smash Journeyman
The tournament was announced about 3 weeks in advance, so no johns about the entry fees.
Yeah, but switching to single elimination was weak. I know you could have backed out and got a full refund if you wanted, but having to drive down there (especially for people who drove far like CV) only to play $10 for single elim. was :( .

Don't worry Dreamhack, I'll still go to your tournaments. :) At least you do 'em, I don't even have the skills to organize ****.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Yeah, but switching to single elimination was weak. I know you could have backed out and got a full refund if you wanted, but having to drive down there (especially for people who drove far like CV) only to play $10 for single elim. was :( .
What I'm saying is that when tournaments are announced a long time in advance, players can save up the money to participate, so no johns about that. Of course, things happen like yesterday, so yes I can understand the situation.

Someone asked why I didn't stay. I didn't stay because I asked myself if it would be worth it, and I said no, WITHOUT knowing that it was single elimination, hdtv johns, etc. et cetera.

What happened to the rest of the entry fees? Did the (small) venue keep half of it? That's what it looks like.

--GCII

GeekY

Smash Cadet
too hard to say glen lol. there was free pizza and redbull so i guess they took out some cash from the winners finalists to pay for those.. gamble didnt recieve 200 from what i can remember.

Hopper

Smash Cadet
why would they post 200 some dollars on this thread if he only got 120 dollars? that's inconsistency right there.

GeekY

Smash Cadet
why would they post 200 some dollars on this thread if he only got 120 dollars? that's inconsistency right there.
I guess thats what they shoulda run in reality, but the numbers were way off. people were wanting refunds and pizza was bought. I guess when people wanted their refund, the host didnt remove their names from the bracket because singles already started.

Yeah my legs starting hurting after all that standing haha
lol yeahh and the only chair there was the floor or near the end when rickety was brawling with 3 inch.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It was all still fun and games. Only downside was there were no chairs.
But taking out $100+ from the pot without saying anything in the first post? The money should be awarded to those who rightfully earned it, not spent the people who go 0-2.

Or there should've been an additional $5 entry fee to cover expenses.

ouch refunds

GeekY

Smash Cadet
But taking out $100+ from the pot without saying anything in the first post? The money should be awarded to those who rightfully earned it, not spent the people who go 0-2.

Or there should've been an additional $5 entry fee to cover expenses.

ouch refunds
yeah it could of paid for gamble's/3inch's gas. the drive was insane. first got lost. then it got rellocated. then we got lost again. haha

Tye132

Smash Rookie
Gah I hate being new to this whole smash thing haha I get chewed up at tournaments haha

Hopper

Smash Cadet
yeah it could of paid for gamble's/3inch's gas. the drive was insane. first got lost. then it got rellocated. then we got lost again. haha

i agree though.. they should at least explain where all the money went.. and not people assume

Samus-T

Smash Lord
How the **** did Aero lose to Gamble???

No offense gamble lol.
during the whole tournament i was way disappointed about the whole tournament. the turn out, venue, etc. so i was just whatever about placing. theres no point in really trying to place if i was the only ranked player there.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't get too cocky, Star Fox.

D

Deleted member

I dont understand why it was relocated =/ Was GU having problems or something?

3Years

Smash Lord
i dont think tom (aero) was tryin in this tournament cause we have vids from the tourney and if u watch u can tell in his playstyle that hes not tryin

Hopper

Smash Cadet
during the whole tournament i was way disappointed about the whole tournament. the turn out, venue, etc. so i was just whatever about placing. theres no point in really trying to place if i was the only ranked player there.

i would think a lot of other people feel the same way...

Top Bottom