• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
about that.

Casual gamer went under new management and they decided to make it an arcade only store sooooo

RIP in peace coastal bend

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hey what's up guys? This is Deon, aka CloudEnvy (my smash name). I just got in San Antonio about 5 months ago and I'm looking for a good Smash community to get into. I'm down for pretty much any kind of match. I'm really just looking for people to play with down here. I'm a Lucas main and proud of it. Really looking forward to some good matches. I also go to UTSA so for anybody up there, I'm ready for you haha. Anyway, just dropping in. Props to FlutterShy for directing me here. See y'all around.
a good smash community, you should come to houston :smirk:

I'm just going to megabus it, nothing against MLP, bronies, or pony Music.

I just love tfw I'm kicking back in a Sofa-like chair, in a roomy bus with plenty of space and great ventilation/AC, meanwhile playing music or video games from my PSP that I listen to using my awesome Audio-Technica Headphones.

Oh, and yeah, there's the free wifi, and outlets for my phone, psp, and wii. All for easily under $8.

I can just take the Metro if I really need to get something that's not walking distance while in Houston.

Edit: Oh, and the abundance of window-seats is also very nice :)
Just get the free/cheap tickets and steal lots of electricity by pluggin in an absurd amount of stuff and then its like you made a profit, I played my wii u while charging my DS. For a short ride like San An to Houston, its definitely comfortable beyond what a small gas efficient car could do for you.

Okay, if I drove to HOBO, it'd cost a total of $42 in gas, so if the car was full it'd be an $8-$9 split and a bit more convenient than the bus as far as getting food/around the town and leaving.

Let me know if that sounds feasible enough to fill up a car, otherwise I'm just gonna buy a bus ticket too.

(Plus I'd play silly pony music the entire way.)
There is lots of food walking distance from Sync's place and he is always willing to give free housing (though I've advised he should charge at least a dollar or something because of electricity use and people eating all their food). There is a Taco Bell, 2 grocery stores, some nasty pizza place other people seem to enjoy, timmy chan and I think a chicken place.

KoN, you can LITERALLY get free megabus tickets and do a 1-day trip if you use either of those promotion codes Tesh gave us.

Edit:
Both those promos end on feb 28th, but you guys SHOULD go to dallas for free and freaking have nike announce nikefest 4.5 so people can bus there for free. promo doesnt matter for march though, just buy some tickets now for 2.50.

1 day trip isnt really feasible for megabus. You would arrive at noon (likely missing signups for the first event) and have to leave at 8pm (c'mon its brawl).

KoN, for your sake and how much you're willing to put in, I'll just drive and come back that same night.

Carpool's open with three spots and cheaper gas ($6 ea?) due to KoN's generosity.
Welp, w/e works for you guys. Be careful though with a long drive in the morning then a long day and a long drive back. I guess you will be fine as long as more than 1 person drives.

Hopefully more than just 4-5 people are coming so some of you can still megabus if needed.
Depends on the overnight thing too. Well I mean I prefer non-overnight as much as staying overnight if someone is provide generous housing. Otherwise no hotels and go home the same night.

I'd be interested in going, but gotta wait til further down the months til I know if I'm available.
Also gotta figure out the timing of Spring Break.

Then there's megabus pooling. Haven't tried it yet myself, but that'd be fun to have a group together on a Megabus. **** **** UP.

Edit: I stopped playing at The Roost because I don't really have a solid friendship with anyone there (I even lost touch with Johnny, a Yoshi from our High School days) that I can't stand waiting a 7 person rotation using Wii-Chuck to boot. I don't mind 'Chuck but as a Diddy enthusiast, just not my effort when I should be practicing my horrible Diddy Techs on GCC.
again, sync/pj/maharba/asa will house you and maybe even pick you up from the megabus stop

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
No, only place you'll see me is either at UTSA Roost or Potranco Walmart, since I work there lol.
Sounds like living on campus. I gave up going to The Roost because the tables are filled with LoL players (which I use their tables to play LoL), but now I just look for anywhere with an outlet and do internet. But mostly preferred the UC Food Court.

So Portranco and 1604's Walmart or the one between 410? Me, Espy, and to an extent K Prime live around the 1604 Walmart and I go to that 'mart once a week to scour for collectibles. 410's is still pretty damn close to the lot of us too.

[COLLAPSE="never forget"]

[/COLLAPSE]
I take a whole minute to fight a boss on Path of Exile and I got back to a chat of silence and your stream on the chat. The moment you put Emerald back on. The sadness and explosions couldn't be contained. REGISTEEL HAD ITS REVENGE.

Edit: Well speak of the League-devil. Getting ready to head out to Karl's House Warming League thing. Best let me know for a ride within the time.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like living on campus. I gave up going to The Roost because the tables are filled with LoL players (which I use their tables to play LoL), but now I just look for anywhere with an outlet and do internet. But mostly preferred the UC Food Court.

So Portranco and 1604's Walmart or the one between 410? Me, Espy, and to an extent K Prime live around the 1604 Walmart and I go to that 'mart once a week to scour for collectibles. 410's is still pretty damn close to the lot of us too.
Nah, I don't live on campus. I live in a neighborhood a few miles up Potranco. I don't bother LoL'ing in between classes anymore because I've almost been late cause I have a random hour long match -_-. So now I just smash whenever I can. Potranco and 1604 Walmart is where I work, since it's just down the street from my place.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
If I was able to head straight from Karl's to Slush's, could play it off as a weekend-long shtick, but didn't expect for it to end as early that now I'm back home, so there's no leaving for the rest of the weekend.

I live about 6 minutes from that Walmart, over by Rudy's and Sea World and stuff.

So many overweight women there.

So many.
Oh yeah, and Valdens new up in our side of town.

I try not to think about the numbers of peoples. I get in, look at snacks, look at toys, look at posters, look at bandages, look at those quarter-inster-gumball-machine-like-gacha-for-Americans, look at birthday cards, look at books, and get out.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
When y'all talk about going doing a smash fest, where is the meet up? Not going tonight cause of work but just for future reference...

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
A Smashfest is a casual get together at someone's house to play Smash and hang out with the underlying intention of improving your playstyle and/or having fun.

You know. Play Smash and stuff. Other people tend to host it, but Slush's place is the usual go-to place because his place is usually the most available, despite being on Bandara, which is quite a ways off from us Sea World people.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Slush, can you house me? if not can one of you guys who is going house me? I can't really play much if I have to leave like 30min. after arriving to head back home.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance!

Valdens

Smash Ace
err sorry I didn't show I was pretty much dead after work today

Also turns out I have a full time job with weekends off until October. Sweet.

Is there gonna be Smashing tomorrow still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom