• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Whoa.

Hang on, Megabus costs like $1?

Should I even drive? Would people be willing to pay gas for the convenience or would people prefer to just bus down?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Whoa.

Hang on, Megabus costs like $1?

Should I even drive? Would people be willing to pay gas for the convenience or would people prefer to just bus down?
Well, there is a certain convenience in the freedom of leaving and arriving whenever you feel like it. Also the ride situation in Houston isn't ideal, so there are benefits to bringing your own car.

Megabus is pretty cool though, if you haven't ever tried it, San Antonio to Houston is pretty short trip (3 hours) for a test run. They have free wifi and electrical outlets. I spent hours playing on my Wii U when I went to new orleans and IIRC sync tried to play WoW, but the wifi isnt THAT good on a moving bus.

edit: you also might consider coming to dallas on feb 9th for their tournament, there are 2 promotions running until the end of February that give more options for cheap or FREE tickets. use the promo codes "trymegabus" or "ihearttx"

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Tesh

Smash Hero
You REALLY should buy them like right now while its cheap. I've never regretted spending 1-5 dollars on tickets I didn't use.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
A New Challenger Appears

Hey what's up guys? This is Deon, aka CloudEnvy (my smash name). I just got in San Antonio about 5 months ago and I'm looking for a good Smash community to get into. I'm down for pretty much any kind of match. I'm really just looking for people to play with down here. I'm a Lucas main and proud of it. Really looking forward to some good matches. I also go to UTSA so for anybody up there, I'm ready for you haha. Anyway, just dropping in. Props to FlutterShy for directing me here. See y'all around.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Wow what an influx of smashers immigrating to SA. 5 months tho, it would've been nicer to hear from ya then. What part of area are you located?

I go to UTSA and live native in SA, but 25 min away from campus. Tree is Houston that attends UTSA as well so you may see us around.

There might be a smashfest happening this weekend but a few of us might not be there due to other plans. Check back frquently, sometimes a lot of on-the-spot plans might happen.

Speaking of which I'm just chilling at UC center in front of BK til class at 12:30.

:phone:

sheikamaru

jive
Lol at a new challenger approaches haha

Slush what's your ign and when do u guys normally play?

I'm shikmaru00x

I have espy and geo and Zano and kprime.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Lol at a new challenger approaches haha

Slush what's your ign and when do u guys normally play?
SirSlushie. Believe it or not most of us haven't been playing as much as we usually do lately. While I'm torturing myself on ranked here or there, though it's actually going slightly well since I'm on a 4 game winning streak.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFP2c2FD60E horrible song while you read *
*listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFP2c2FD60E horrible song while you read *

Bootylicious… meet the 420lb mother of four with the widest hips in the world who measures a staggering 8ft in circumference

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aggering-8ft-circumference.html#ixzz2IvEMRUoY

READ THE STORY^ its funny as hell and there are awesome pics

[collapse=But if you dont wanna read....click here]

[/collapse]

Valdens

Smash Ace
Okay, if I drove to HOBO, it'd cost a total of $42 in gas, so if the car was full it'd be an $8-$9 split and a bit more convenient than the bus as far as getting food/around the town and leaving.

Let me know if that sounds feasible enough to fill up a car, otherwise I'm just gonna buy a bus ticket too.

(Plus I'd play silly pony music the entire way.)

PaNdA210

Smash Rookie
yeah i think i have been playing marvel too much and wanted to play some brawl again and Nike long time no see man how have you been?

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I'm just going to megabus it, nothing against MLP, bronies, or pony Music.

I just love tfw I'm kicking back in a Sofa-like chair, in a roomy bus with plenty of space and great ventilation/AC, meanwhile playing music or video games from my PSP that I listen to using my awesome Audio-Technica Headphones.

Oh, and yeah, there's the free wifi, and outlets for my phone, psp, and wii. All for easily under $8.

I can just take the Metro if I really need to get something that's not walking distance while in Houston.

Edit: Oh, and the abundance of window-seats is also very nice :)

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
KoN, you can LITERALLY get free megabus tickets and do a 1-day trip if you use either of those promotion codes Tesh gave us.

Edit:
Megabus is pretty cool though, you also might consider coming to dallas on feb 9th for their tournament, there are 2 promotions running until the end of February that give more options for cheap or FREE tickets. use the promo codes "trymegabus" or "ihearttx"
I just love tfw I'm kicking back in a Sofa-like chair, in a roomy bus with plenty of space and great ventilation/AC, meanwhile playing music or video games from my PSP that I listen to using my awesome Audio-Technica Headphones.

Oh, and yeah, there's the free wifi, and outlets for my phone, psp, and wii. All for easily under $8.

I can just take the Metro if I really need to get something that's not walking distance while in Houston.

Edit: Oh, and the abundance of window-seats is also very nice :)

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I don't mind spending money for convenience. If I have it ill always give the driver 20$

Plus if kprime goes we always talk about poontang the whole trip so the hours just fly by.

Valdens

Smash Ace
KoN, for your sake and how much you're willing to put in, I'll just drive and come back that same night.

Carpool's open with three spots and cheaper gas ($6 ea?) due to KoN's generosity.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Depends on the overnight thing too. Well I mean I prefer non-overnight as much as staying overnight if someone is provide generous housing. Otherwise no hotels and go home the same night.

I'd be interested in going, but gotta wait til further down the months til I know if I'm available.
Also gotta figure out the timing of Spring Break.

Then there's megabus pooling. Haven't tried it yet myself, but that'd be fun to have a group together on a Megabus. **** **** UP.

Edit: I stopped playing at The Roost because I don't really have a solid friendship with anyone there (I even lost touch with Johnny, a Yoshi from our High School days) that I can't stand waiting a 7 person rotation using Wii-Chuck to boot. I don't mind 'Chuck but as a Diddy enthusiast, just not my effort when I should be practicing my horrible Diddy Techs on GCC.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Wow what an influx of smashers immigrating to SA. 5 months tho, it would've been nicer to hear from ya then. What part of area are you located?

I go to UTSA and live native in SA, but 25 min away from campus. Tree is Houston that attends UTSA as well so you may see us around.

There might be a smashfest happening this weekend but a few of us might not be there due to other plans. Check back frquently, sometimes a lot of on-the-spot plans might happen.

Speaking of which I'm just chilling at UC center in front of BK til class at 12:30.

Lol well what had happened was that I didn't have my Wii and stuff yet since we were waiting for our things to move overseas. Only thing I could do was just play Smash at the Roost on campus in between classes. Now that I have my stuff again, I can officially integrate myself into the community. It's good now that there's actually something going on in my locale. Guam didn't have ANYTHING.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Cloud were you the guy who went to Slush's house the other night?

And we've actually been playing League a lot, Kilik. Just not when Slush plays. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've played a Thresh in almost every game I've played so far. And have pubstomped them.
People are silly.

There WAS a game where the other team man handled our top lane Olaf with on-hit Thresh. :applejack:

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
KoN, for your sake and how much you're willing to put in, I'll just drive and come back that same night.

Carpool's open with three spots and cheaper gas ($6 ea?) due to KoN's generosity.

.sorry I totally misread your post. I thought you wanted more money lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom