• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SA is the weakest city in Texas. Any SA vs. Everyone else is nothing short of a curbstomp. :applejack:
Also, top tier vs. everyone else is no better. All of the top players in Texas use high/top tier characters. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So I'm trying to decide the date for Woodlawn smash II. I think April 21 would probably be the most likely date right now. Is that good for everyone?

I'm also thinking of a side event. Crews was really fun and it would be cool to do it again, but not waseda this time. We should pick the teams somehow. A few ideas I came up with are SA vs the rest of Texas, team captains take turns picking their teams, bronies vs non bronies, and top tiers vs other tiers. If you like any of those ideas or have any others just tell me.

:phone:
As Espy typed, SA vs any other city is resulting in us getting beaten down.
Bronies vs Non-bronies sounds terrib-
Oh wait we have Trela Espy and Prime. That actually sounds kinda interesting now.
No to top tiers/other tiers.

Let's do reverse mains and lol at SA being the weakest city.
I'd get a good laugh at anyone using Yoshi. :pinkiepie:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Forgot Dallas doesn't exist while Fort worth has infinity and Denti.
Austin only has Cloverleaf and Pantyraider since Polt kinda quit.

But that basically means only three cities to compete in this with Houston of course winning.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
So I'm trying to decide the date for Woodlawn smash II. I think April 21 would probably be the most likely date right now. Is that good for everyone?

I'm also thinking of a side event. Crews was really fun and it would be cool to do it again, but not waseda this time. We should pick the teams somehow. A few ideas I came up with are SA vs the rest of Texas, team captains take turns picking their teams, bronies vs non bronies, and top tiers vs other tiers. If you like any of those ideas or have any others just tell me.

waseda is meant to make the teams fairs, ill do bronies vs non bronies as long as its only sa and we get megafox and nike, yall will have kprime and espy you dont need to get more broken by adding trela or the all mighty leaf.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
What's RCRS?

Also, what do you guys think of raising the entrance fee to $10 to attract ooc players? I kinda like the $5 entrance fee better to get more new people to show up, but I would love to have more Houston and Dallas show up. Then again, if I just make sure the tournament runs really well and is tons of fun, maybe they'll come anyway.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Random Stage, Random Character.

IIRC, Dallas had their own tournament on the same day.
I might be wrong though.

But, it has always been that way Blondie.
10$ usually attracts OoC, and 5 attracts locals.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Austin only has Cloverleaf and Pantyraider since Polt kinda quit.
Everyone always forgets us because we're still mediocre and never do anything. :<

BTW. Austin had a small free RCRS tournament a while back. I got Ganondorf twice against Polt, essentially costing me the first set in GF.
Last match in GFs ended up being my Olimar against Polt's G&W on Rainbow Cruise.
Seems like a... pretty strange thing to put money on.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I like keeping it at 5$ because you had a lot of new ppl almost half that entered. Raising it to 10 will discourage new ppl, and even some local players. Your tournament was easily the most fun ive had at any tournament in along time, and if outoftowners dont feel like 5$ isnt worth their time, then they're the ones missing out.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh, that's what I forgot to tell Blondie.
Alot of cities like to have tournaments usually on the first or last week of months. (even if this is the 2nd to last, it's still close)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Everyone be careful. There's a tornado confirmed on the ground due West of our area. Stay sharp. :applejack:

darksonicbase

Smash Cadet
Everyone be careful. There's a tornado confirmed on the ground due West of our area. Stay sharp. :applejack:
yea omg i am about to watch a horrir movie bc its like hardcore thundering and raining outside but think god i have wifi with a badass laptop time to play LOL if i am going to die i am going to die lieing on my bed and playing lol and watching a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom