• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So guys, what would you say to having a small tournament either on the 22nd or 29th of this month?
It'd be nice to get everyone together, and I kinda sorta want to try and get something going.

Relaying back to the fundraiser thing I gotta do, I can host something up at my place on either of those days. Could probably provide some snacks or some hot dogs or what have you as well, and I could just run a venue fee that would go towards the fundraiser itself.

I already talked to Big Boss about it in concerns to his idea, and we've more or less ironed out what we wanna do for the remainder of the year up until December, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the idea of the tournament in October. :applejack:
Austin will come to either one.
Espy, you talk to JUJ about him wanting to host another JUJment Day?
I confirmed the Subway on Main st next door to SAC as a venue for the 29th, and I can put Brawl in. In fact, I got an SRK link up.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/inde...s-our-first-tournament-san-antonio-tx.146970/

I'll make a smashboards link in a bit.

I still need to work a few details, but I have the venue fee at only 5 bucks. I still need to talk to my partner Brandon about if we can waive/discount door fees for set ups.

But the good news is that I have a fair amount of tvs (like 5) to work with. And I'll be doing other games too.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
@espy: since kyle went ahead and threw out a random tourney on the day we already reserved, you'll have to host one on the 22nd unless you wanna just throw one on the 29th anyway.

@tofer: let me know when you wanted to throw your tourney in nov. I was gonna have the first monthly sometime then, but if everyone decided to start hosting again i don't have to start mine.

:phone:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
@espy: since kyle went ahead and threw out a random tourney on the day we already reserved, you'll have to host one on the 22nd unless you wanna just throw one on the 29th anyway.
Ouch. Well I was basically giving you guys the venue to do as you see fit. Plus I haven't seen a single thing posted on the event calender, and only a casual mention of a tournament. I've been trying to plan this for a while, and only got 100 percent confirmation of the venue today.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
Ouch. Well I was basically giving you guys the venue to do as you see fit. Plus I haven't seen a single thing posted on the event calender, and only a casual mention of a tournament. I've been trying to plan this for a while, and only got 100 percent confirmation of the venue today.
nothing has been 100% confirmed, so your tourney should be good to go. i'm not hosting anything till november, so it's no biggy for me. it's really just up to espy when he wants to hold his. i'm sure you guys can probably combine the two or just have them on separate days. that's all i really meant, but i couldn't type it all out at work so it came out wrong (from the looks of it).

@tofer: it doesn't matter. i just need to know for sure that way i know whether to request the day off or not in advance (like a whole month).

edit: what date would be best for everyone for november? 19th (one week after the austin lce) or the 26th (2 weeks after)?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Here's the Results of MvC3 tourney.
First guy hit is killed from full health to 0, any person who doesn't kill someone off with full health in one go is terrible.
/sarcasm

So who's hosting the fest Saturday. Nike, Espy?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol.

Also, Big Boss, if you were planning anything concerning your events in late October, my plans have changed up a little. I'm more flexible in that I can host my tournament anytime between October and November, and since Kyle's event spawned up, I'd rather you get what you need to get done first instead.

If it's possible for me to host my fundraiser tournament on November 5th, that'd be fantastic, but I'm not sure how many people would want to attend considering Kyle's is the 29th, and the 22nd is too soon for me to set up anything.

November 19th could also work, and even the 26th is fine, but that's all I'm able to work with on my end.

Also, I'd rather not try and do the fundraiser at Kyle's set up unless it's totally okay with him for me to do that. If that can be done, then we wouldn't necessarily have to run a tournament on my end.

Still, it's all up to you guys. :applejack:

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
If Kyle allows Espy to set up his fundraiser at his tournament, then I will reschedule mine for the end of November. This will eliminate the need for Espy to run one as stated.

If Kyle doesn't allow Espy to do so, then I will still host my tournament on the 29th of October as planned.

SA can decide which tournament they would rather attend, and to be honest, it won't make a difference to me. Just a heads up though, my tournament will be charging a $5 "venue" fee that will all go towards equipment for further monthlies. There will be no exceptions even if a full setup is brought because it would defeat the purpose. Single and Doubles will be $5 each, and I can probably provide pizza & drinks.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Why the **** are you crying about post count? Yall are starting to sound like rgv when their post count got lost. Do you really wanna be like rgv?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KoN, I'm not sad that I've ONLY posted 23K+.
I'm sad BECAUSE I've posted 23K+.
:applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom