• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Let's play a game called "Who does better? Martha or MK"

Meta Knight- MK
Snake-Tie
Diddy Kong-Martha
Falco-Martha
Wario-Martha
Marth-MK
Ice Climbers-MK due to scrooging
Olimar-Martha
Pikachu-Martha
King Dedede- MK
Mr. Game & Watch- Martha
Lucario-Martha
Zero Suit Samus- Tie
Toon Link-Tie
Kirby- Martha
Fox- Martha
R.O.B.-MK
Pit-MK
Peach-Tie
Donkey Kong-Tie
Luigi-Martha
Wolf-Martha
(Zelda/Sheik)-Martha/Martha
Sonic-Tie
Ike- MK
Ness- Martha
Pokémon Trainer-Martha
Yoshi- Martha
Lucas- Martha
Mario- Martha
Bowser- MK (not sure about this one)
Captain Falcon-Tie
Samus-MK
Jigglypuff- Tie
Link-Tie
Ganondorf-MK

Nike.

Smash Hero
Let's play a game called "Who does better? Martha or MK"

Diddy Kong-Martha
Wario-Martha
Mr. Game & Watch- Martha
Lucario-Martha
Toon Link-Tie
Donkey Kong-Tie
Wolf-Martha
(Zelda/Sheik)-Martha/Martha
Sonic-Tie
Pokémon Trainer-Martha (Dependent on which pokemon)
Link-Tie
All of those are wrong. Metaknight wins every tie you listed, while marth either goes even or has a slight advantage.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
LOL YOU THINK MK BEATS LINK LESS THAN MARTH.
*clears throat*
Seconding what Nike said.

Also, Leaf should bring his setup, we should have as many as possible for practicing. :D

Suspect

Smash Hero
LOL YOU THINK MK BEATS LINK LESS THAN MARTH.
since when did a tie=less?

and marth does way better against wario than mk does, that's for sure.

also check out some of the matchups. characters like Pika/Kirby do really well against mk, while marth ***** them. It's things like that also that separate Martha from MK

Nike.

Smash Hero
Marth wins (10)

Olimar
Pikachu
G&W
Kirby
Fox
Luigi
Ness
Yoshi
Lucas
Mario

Metaknight wins (17)

Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Wario
Marth
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Toon Link
R.O.B.
Pit
Donkey Kong
Wolf
(Zelda/Sheik)
Ike
Sonic
Bowser
Link

The same (9)

Snake
Falco
Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Pokémon Trainer
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Any doubts I had on a couple characters, I simply went to their character MU thread. With the exception of G&W, all of them had Meta with the better MU.

I know how much you hate playing against marth, but he DOES NOT compare to metaknight over the entire cast.

Nike.

Smash Hero
also check out some of the matchups. characters like Pika/Kirby do really well against mk, while marth ***** them. It's things like that also that separate Martha from MK
Common Sense> Character Threads >_>
I'm confused by this. You said check matchups. I checked and it just proved that Meta does better. Then you say common sense is better.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I'm confused by this. You said check matchups. I checked and it just proved that Meta does better. Then you say common sense is better.
I didn't mean the actual matchup threads, it is common sense how much worse pika/kirby do against marth than mk for example.

Character threads are full of biased people for there said character. This is coming from someone who doesn't have a main character.

Marth is just as bad as MK, take MK away and what happens really? Marth mains just dont rep their character well enough.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Also, you must have only looked at mk/marths character threads cause the Wario thread has it the same for both characters. The MK one was rediscussed. I remember way back when people were talking about how that matchup was even or slightly in mk's favor...only reason i see it changing is cause there are not that many warios around.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I could say your being just as biased as anyone else. Earlier you said that marth ***** more then metaknight, and now you just said that they do just as bad as each other.

Yea, What Tofer said. Metaknight is the EXACT reason why Marth mains don't represent enough.

I do admit that with a MK ban, Marth is a top4 character in the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, when did people begin to take Suspect's words as more than comedy relief?

Suspect

Smash Hero
@Nike- you keep picking at my words.

troll more espy

and it's funny that you two seem to agree on everything mk related. Wanting mk banned, etc. He isn't broken.

Nike.

Smash Hero
MK is Wario's worst matchup hands down. This is partly because Wario has no CP's for MK where as he actually can take Marth to stages where Marth loses. RC for example swings the matchup 55:45 or 6:4 for Wario. There is no comparative stage choice to take MK to. Most starters MK would not like, Wario also doesn't like. The stages MK really likes are ones that Wario kinda likes or really likes but not to the degree of MK. Battle field is a nono, Smashville is meh, YI is weird, Lylat isn't fun because of the layout, etc. Frigate, CS, there's nowhere good to take him. Every stage in the game will be at least 6:4 MK's favor IMO and Wario can't do anything about it. This is even with a LGL.

Marth feels like 6:4, MK being 65:35 or higher. It's that terrible of a matchup when played right IMO.

Marth isn't bad, but it's like why play him when there is ez mode MK around?

I also think Marth beats ZSS because his defensive game is good enough to beat out her offense. Frankly I think her offensive options are pretty lackluster, maybe that's just me.
here you go

Nike.

Smash Hero
and it's funny that you two seem to agree on everything mk related. Wanting mk banned, etc. He isn't broken.
I am arguing that MK does better vs the entire cast than Marth. I did that. I know I won't change your opinion at this point though so I'm dropping it.

I believe MK deserves a ban. You don't. Alright.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Well every single mk main has lost to another non mk character(including m2k), so you cant prove that mk as the character cannot be beaten.

Unless he planks.

bk, what time?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
suspect, its not wether hes beatable or not. its about is he dominating or not. and the answer is yes. charts/graphs/number all said YES(did u read the thread). we even took away m2k results and mk was STILL dominating more than the next 3 chars below him. everybody 2nds him now and a **** load MAIN him. then u ave the pocket mk players too. its just stupid.

Nike.

Smash Hero
That is players vs player. Sure metaknights lose to other characters on occasion. He's still a character that I think is ban worthy. He has half a dozen ways to recover, not a single losing matchup (defeating the idea of counterpicking a character), and he wins/goes even on every stage (defeating the idea counterpicking a stage).

This entire thing has been debated 584095840543 times though.

I get out of skool at 12:15 and I'm free til 3.

Suspect

Smash Hero
suspect, its not wether hes beatable or not. its about is he dominating or not. and the answer is yes. charts/graphs/number all said YES(did u read the thread). we even took away m2k results and mk was STILL dominating more than the next 3 chars below him. everybody 2nds him now and a **** load MAIN him. then u ave the pocket mk players too. its just stupid.
If you ban whatever character is dominating then soon there wouldn't be any characters left. Ban mk and then another character is going to dominate...then a domino effect
That is players vs player. Sure metaknights lose to other characters on occasion. He's still a character that I think is ban worthy. He has half a dozen ways to recover, not a single losing matchup (defeating the idea of counterpicking a character), and he wins/goes even on every stage (defeating the idea counterpicking a stage).

This entire thing has been debated 584095840543 times though.

I get out of skool at 12:15 and I'm free til 3.
ill be sleep :/

maybe tomorrow before you guys leave to mlg

Nike.

Smash Hero
If you ban whatever character is dominating then soon there wouldn't be any characters left. Ban mk and then another character is going to dominate...then a domino effect
No character will dominate. Every other character has bad matchups or can be counterpicked to a bad stage (this includes marth).

hjfgjkhfdsgjkdsfhgdfshdhhgfdhfgd FUUUUUUU

Anyone wanna eat with Nike for lunch? lol

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I would but I am all the way here at my house :d

I do not think there is a way for any character to dominate like MK.
Like Nike said, Every character has their bad stages/match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom