• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

Eroubis

Smash Rookie
Sakurai: "Some characters will be given unblockable and undodgable moves"

Sakurai: "Some character moves will have a chance to kill twice"

Sakurai: "What's Brawl?"

Sakurai: "Brawl will be used to further my political agenda"

Sakurai: "Pikachu has been given a deep narrative voice"

Sakurai: "Due to popular demand, Donkey Kong will be given psychic powers"

Sakurai: "Brawl will only be released in Japan and Hawaii"

Sakurai: "Brawl will be released only after Super Smash Bros. the Movie comes out"

Sakurai: "I don't care if Brawl sucks, people will buy it"

Sakurai: "Sonic will be playable... accompanied by Tails at all times."

Sakurai: "Ice Climbers are now four people"

Sakurai: "The Sandbag has an updated moveset!"

Sakurai: "EVERY stage will have movable platforms"

Sakurai: "They are only two characters, and you must unlock them both"

Sakurai: "New characters can be downloaded and can be used one you defeat them in battle. It's only $4.99 per battle!"

Sakurai: "Luck now plays an essential role in the game"

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I have decided to make all the stages battlefield because people complain bout there being not enough tournament worthy stages.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
This game will be available off of the wii shop channel for 10,001 points (The max you can have is 10k).

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: "After a good long discussion with my fellow team, we realised our new aim is for an even wider audience, including those that have never played any of the super smash games. With that in mind, we're going to make sheik a little easier."

Sakurai: "Fox's shine will now be an actual spike."

Sakurai: "Falco will be returning - with an RPG at the same rate of fire."

Sakurai: "Marth will have a longer sword."

Sakurai: "Mario is actually peach."

Sakurai: "Peach will return with a more powerful downsmash."

Sakurai: "Since we're ran out of money, the game will cost £1,000 until 2020."

Sakurai: "We've really tried hard to think about new ways of playing the game on a physical manor, so you will now have to use speach to control moves into the wii remote."

Sakurai: "Im handing over the project to my unborn baby."

Sakurai: "Microsoft have pictures of me at a gay bar, and have bribed me to include a new playable character, namely "The Xbox" - though very powerful, it's prone to self distruction."

Sakurai: "Tony hawks will be an unlockable character."

Croco

Smash Lord
Sakurai says - "Ridley is the last unlockable character"
Sakurai says - "While reading NSider forums we got a good idea.. Instead of character victory tunes we replaced it with the announcer saying 'You PWNed Them!'"

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai says, "Brawl will be posponed indefinitely due to a lack of money and HAL's recent disbandment from the project."

Sakurai says, "Production of concept art for Brawl characters will officially commence sometime next spring."

Sakurai says, "We are in the finishing stages for gaining permission to start work on Brawl.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sakurai - Since Smash has alot of fans, we wanted to give you guys the biggest part of Brawl. The Release Date. Its November 1st, 2008.

Sakurai - Since Link has too many fans, we decided to make multiple links. You now have Link, Y. Link, Cink, Deku Link, ....,...,...

Sakarai - Since me and Sariku.Uchiha are best friends, he was given a copy of the game in advance.
(Sariku.Uchiha - Hehe, I got the game!)

Vali

Smash Ace
Sakurai - Since Smash has alot of fans, we wanted to give you guys the biggest part of Brawl. The Release Date. Its November 1st, 2008.
How could that be the worst that could happen when November 2nd 2008 is worse?

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
heres my own literal anamony.

Sakurai: "Greetings, fellow Smahs players! This is me Director Mashiro Sakurai of Smash bros. Brawl, hello.
With Smash bros. Brawl apporaching it's final date and being summonedly released next week, there is a very important annoucement regarding that.
This may bring happiness to you smash bros. fans. Regarding unlockable characters and others. You will need to use the Wiiconnect24 and pay $50.00 per unlockable.
Not only will this help the Wiiconnect24, this will also mean your gonna need Wi-fi.
If you don't, well thats to bad"

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai-"The game will no longer be on the Wii, it will instead be a PC game and only disttributable through Steam. This is so it can get the full potential of the remarkable Steam Friends menu!"

Sakurai-"Newcomer: Tom, the creator of Myspace!"

Sakurai-"The only way to play multiplayer is to buy four Nintendo DS Lite systems, as the GBA multiplayer system for Zelda Four Swords Adventures proved to work wonders."

In-game-"Ok, you've played as Solid Snake as long as we're going to let you. We shall now lock this character completely, and replace him with Raiden. Enjoy!"

Sensai

Smash Master
Sakurai: Alright guys, I've got some great news for you. Today, I'm going to be telling you that uh....um...hold on, I had this. It was on the tip of my tongue....ah, y'know what, nevermind. I completely forgot.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sakurai says: "In order to appease the US audience, the Metroid franchise will be cut from the American version and be replaced by the famous Feetoid universe!"

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sakurai: Originally, we were hoping to release the game sometime this year. Unfortunatly, due to technical issues, we're gonna have to push the release to 2010. I apologize for the inconvience.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Sakurai says: Due to the excitement of the reveal of Solid Snake and the possible inclusion of other third party characters, Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Aimee, Eggman, Cloud, Raiden, Master Chief, Megaman, Bomberman, Earthworm Jim, Pac-Man, Spiderman, and the entire cast of the hit TV series Friends will be unlockable characters in Brawl. In fact, we're cutting all Nintendo-owned characters in the game just to make room for them!

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai says: Scence we have so many request fir Sonic charecters to be put in Brawl, we have decided to let Sega take over this game's devlopement. I mean, what can go wrong?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think an 8-bit mode would be cool for special melee, but otherwise, no.

worst that could happen
development building catches fire. all things relating to brawl completely destroyed. now that Sakurai has to start from scratch, estimate release date 4quarter 2010.

ssbb47

Smash Rookie
Sakurai says: Sega said sonic characters could be in brawl, but instead of putting a popular character in brawl we're putting in Big The Cat.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Ultimate Worsething that could happen: They have chosen to cancel the game

Fawriel

Smash Master
The Ultimate Worsething that could happen: They have chosen to cancel the game
Naaaah.
THE worst and actually even plausible thing that could happen?
The game flops and Nintendo invested tons of money in it, none of the other big games are successful, Nintendo slowly declines and then goes bankrupt and Sony and Microsoft monopolize the market.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai Sez, "Look at my cat!"

Bill Gates Is like, "Cat dies or we get Nintendo."

Sakurai Sez, "NUUUUUUUU! Take Nintendo! All of it! I WANT MCFLUFFY!"

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
The worst thing that could happen, as of June 4, 2007?

• The only playable characters are Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Samus (and Zero Suit Samus), Fox, Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, and Snake.
  • The only playable stages are Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Stadium, Lylat, Angel Land, Shadow Moses Island, Halberd, Mario Kart GP, and Daein Castle (along with any others seen in the trailers that I forgot).
  • The only new items are the Gooey Bomb, Cracker Launcher, Nintendog and Smash Ball.
  • The only new play mechanics are the ability to run and gun, Final Smash, and the ability to crawl with at least three characters (Wario, Pikachu, and Snake), as well as destructible platforms in certain levels (Angel Land).
  • The only new music themes are the Main Theme by Nobuo and its remix, the Menu 2 arrangement, and the Ending Theme of Yoshi's Story.
I could go on, but you get the gist of it. The only things we know for sure are what we've seen so far, and really, even if that was all we were getting (and it's most definitely NOT), that would still be a worthwhile game. But the thing is, we're getting so much more. Sakurai didn't read thousands of character suggestions for nothing, after all, and he'll need something new to show us each work day leading up to E3, not to mention a lot to blow out at E3 come July.

- Neiteio

Top Bottom