• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

Tera253

Smash Ace
no, those characters joining would be called "The worst that could happen".
screw everything before that Tera siad. that would be the worst--or Smash being a turn based RPG.

well, Lucario maybe, but the others, 1134 no.

~Tera253~

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Sakurai would be assasinated, Nintendo HQ would be bombed in a terrorist attack, and Microsoft is taking over the world.

That, or Nintendo prioritise their Gundam projects over games.

No wait, that would be a good thing, right?

Sensai

Smash Master
'Nintendo HQ would be bombed in a terrorist attack...'

No, they're Japanese. Only the American and British governments make up terrorist attacks.

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
:ohwell: Mmn, might as well give it a shot.

Sakurai: Due to money issues, Nintendo has sold off Super Smash Bros. to Rockstar, who will be turning it into the next Grand Theft Auto.
Sakurai: After reading all the horrible posts and speculations found on the internet, I've decided to settle the matter once and for all by not releasing Brawl at all.
Sakurai: We've decided to not implement friend codes for online. Why? Becuase there isn't gonna be an online mode.

Or my favorite: *Snake beats Sakurai in a rock-paper-scissors. So in a moment of madness, Sakurai fires a nuke, killing Snake and the entire production team*

Blazer

Smash Ace
Sakurai says: Navi has made it into the game. You must face her in every battle. Her moves consist of "Hey!" "Look!" "Listen" "hey hey hey!" and the like. She deals 0% damage with all moves. We have decided to make all stages have no edges also and Navi does not recieve damage ever.

Worst possible scenario EVER!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ Caeel

that would be horrid. i might weigh the options of pretending to not check the sites updates for as long as i could hold out! (a day)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
'Nintendo HQ would be bombed in a terrorist attack...'

No, they're Japanese. Only the American and British governments make up terrorist attacks.
Yes, only Western countries get terrorist attacks, and terrorists are always Muslim extremists.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sakurai says : Due to nintendos new philosophy on gaming.. anyone who has played a video game before is not allowed to play brawl. We will be doing brain scans for video game knowledge for anyone who tries to buy the game.

Remember, video games are for old people. Not for gamers.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sakurai quits, or his entire devolpment team goes on strike. the game ends up getting cancelled, and everything they made gets burned.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Employee: Sakurai, we've received the votes from the poll!
Sakurai: Let me see!

GameCube Controller: 2506 votes
Wiimote + Numchuck: 1405 votes
Classic Controller: 1222 votes
Wiimote: 0 votes

Next day:

Employee: Sakurai, what's new?
Sakurai: Nothing much, just made a new post!

Wiimote:
Wiimote:
Wiimote:
Wiimote:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sakurai quits, or his entire devolpment team goes on strike. the game ends up getting cancelled, and everything they made gets burned.
That wouldnt be so bad... Melee would never ever be replaced that way and thats probably the best thing for the smash community in my opinion. Brawl can only be worse than melee, the perfect fighting game.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sakurai says : Wavedashing is CHEAP. Of course it's removed. Also, anyone who is too good at this game is cheap and will not be allowed to play online, there will be several people patrolling the online brawl community for people with skill and they will have their wii's reposesed and their copies of both brawl and melee burnt.

Also, the only characters you can play are roy and link, because they're not cheap, and they have honor.

Edgehogging is banned, as is edgeguarding. Shorthopping is a glitch I dont know why I didnt see it in the first two games.

Furthermore, L cancelling doesnt exist anymore, and every aerial move has 300 frames of lag.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@dylan tnga
but what if brawl ends up better than melee?
my only concern was what controller, but if all previous techniques are back and brawl is just like a beefed up version of melee, would you be happy? i definitly would. but yes, so far, melee is the best fighting game.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
sakurai's latest smashbros update: 'we have recently made some great improvements to the SSBB game, and i think its time to give you guys a massive update.

we decided the best way to enforce aerial combat was to make sure all characters were airborne alot. so, you will be forced to jump every 3 seconds for the entire match.

...that was our inital idea, but then one of our workers came up with a better one. all characters will be able to float and move freely throughout the air at any time. we expanded this concept by making all characters always in the air, and removing all ground combat. we then reached the conclusion that having a stage would just get in the way, so all fights will take place in outer space. fortunately, there wont be any obstacles to get in the way, so if you spike your opponent at any time, he wont be able to survive at all, because he wont have anywhere to land or tech off of. oh, and about techs, i almost forgot. since we dont have any physical objects except the players, we decided that all techs were useless. therefore, you wont have shielding, dodging, ect. since you wont be able to use them anyway.

we soon realized everything we have released regarding recovery would be useless, since there would be no platform to return to. so we removed recovery special moves from the movesets. but that would be strange to only have certian special moves for certian characters, no? so we are removing all special attacks.

i truly believe that adding randomness to the game generally makes it a better experience for all players. one of my personal favorite game modes from melee was in fact the special mode that would be entered upon a tied game, super sudden death. so, in order to add more fun, all matches will be super sudden death, and will have bombs constantly raining down on the screen. now, since all fights will be in space, they wont just fall from the top, that would be silly. our final version has bombs appearning randomly in the middle of the playfield, and shooting by from all sides. it makes every match explosively fun!

finally, we all know that in melee, you could perform different types of attacks by holding the control stick in different directions and pressing A, or also by using the shortcut c-stick. recent surveys between my staff have shown most find this type of system rather complicated, and too confusing at points to have fun during a match. therefore, you will only have one A attack, which will be the same no matter which direction you hold on the control stick. furthermore, i feel the advantages given by the c-stick shortcuts were very...cheap, shall we say. so, i have removed the ability of using the c-stick to attack. it now gives you different taunts.

we hope these changes provide the fun experience we want to provide to all.'

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
PETRE, u there? wat do you have to say? oh i tried to pm u but i cant. wanna trade wii numbers?

Worst thing: Birdo replaced zelda. if zeldas not in, someones gonna bleed.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: The worst part of the game? Well, there's this mostly harmless bug that whenever you lose a stock, it turns the player into a soulless doll. At this stage, we feel the bug must be left in for us to make any real progress

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
On the news...

"Today, World Famous game Deisgner Masahiro Sakurai was assinated by a currently unidentified rogue group. We will keep you updated on this as we get more information."

I would cry.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
We would all cry.
Seriously :(

As much as I harp about sakurai and not giving me any technique - related updates on the site.. he seems like such a great guy and probably one of the only game designers who cares this much about the fanbase surrounding his game. Great man.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You know what would really suck. Having a DK stage with that lame DK rap song again. Only this time it's done by Kid Bop.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You know what would really suck. Having a DK stage with that lame DK rap song again. Only this time it's done by Kid Bop.
This Kong's... one HECK of a guy! HUH!

...It's Hell, you son of a pig... Hell...

~Dac

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Sakurai: "We have struck a deal with 4Kids to voice all the characters for SSBB, so now from the same people that bought to you that amazing Luffy dub voice, I give you LINK!"

*Insert trailer with a talking Link...only it's something 4KIDS did.*

Top Bottom