• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

Sariku

Smash Master
Sakurai - Due to the fact that the DS has better Online than Wii, we stopped making Brawl and decided to port SSB64 to DS with Online Mode.

Sakurai - The only characters that you can play as is Mario. They rest you can only fight.

Sakurai - We're gonna let Beer Goggles from X Play replace Link.

Sakurai - I'm Gay.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
sakurai-"other than the first newcomers, the rest will be clones. on second thought, make all newcomers clones!"
Sakurai-"Story mode will replace all other modes, and 4kids will hire the voice actors"
Sakurai-"Next stop- master and crazyfeet! "
Sakurai-"tell ya what, I'll release it tommorow with 27 characters, or 2009 with 50"
Sakurai-"...Spongebob has been in a nintendo game, ya know..."
Sakurai-"In fact, lets make all characters clones of mario! ingenious"
Sakurai-"I know! Instead of nintendogs being an item, they can be a charac-URRK!"

*keels over suddenly with a knife in his back*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Poor Sakurai would end up being pursued by stalkers too much to work on the game. *shakes head*

Sariku

Smash Master
Lol. Sakurai is a video game legend... I got a new one.

Sakurai - As we all recently found out, I just had a sex change. Due to the fact on how happy I know feel as a girl, I'm gonna change all male characters in Brawl into females, and females into males.

Zero Suit Samus will still be the hottest, even if she was a guy.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Lol nice one Toasty.

Sakurai says "Help somone hacked smashbros.com and is posting false updates"

Sakurai says "This forum is flaming me so much im gonna have to ban each screen name and wii# that i find on it"

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

LOL

[Edit:]

Won't lemme type in all caps, but I did. 'Cause it was THAT funny.

[Edit 2:]

Actually...now I can type in all caps. Great.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"World this one disc is the only disc in the world that contains smash bros i will copy it and then give it to one lucky... *Splash* um... ... i... just dropped it in my coffee..."

(So he digs it out and his hands are burned for life (The disc still totally ruined) and he loses the will to work on smash bros)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@legolastorm
shudder...

Sakurai says: since we gave out the updates so often, we ran out of stuff we had to give, so now it will be one update a month, and the release date will be given as the last update.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
(Ring, ring.)

Sakurai: Hello?

Hideo Kojima: Sakurai-san! It's been a while!

Sakurai: Oh, hey! How are you?

Hideo Kojima: Great! And yourself?

Sakurai: Just awesome. Another day at the office!

Hideo Kojima: I know how that goes. So, how's the game coming along?

Sakurai: Oh, you know. It's coming along.

Hideo Kojima: Mind if I come on down to the studio and play the latest build?

Sakurai: Sure.

(Phone call ends.)

So Sakurai and Kojima play the latest build of Brawl. Sakurai selects Kirby and Kojima goes with Snake; the backdrop for their battle will be Shadow Moses. The match starts off with Kojima at a complete advantage because Kirby was graciously un-nerfed. After a few SHFFled b-airs and a spike (yes, Kirby will now have a spike), Kojima's first stock is shaved off with relative ease. Try as he may, Kojima just can't seem to get a solid combo on him. The rest of the match is a haphazard effort for the mega-producer/director at Konami.

The match soon ends. Disheartened by his loss, Kojima places his controller on the floor in front of him.

Sakurai: Kojima-san, you look a little...disappointed.

Hideo Kojima: It's nothing, Sakurai-san.

Sakurai: No, no! I can sense that there's something wrong. You can tell me, you know.

Kojima sighed and asked Sakurai if they could have another match. Sakurai reluctantly agreed and they went about setting things up. Once again, Sakurai was Kirby and Kojima was Snake. Their backdrop was the modified version of Dreamland 64 from the original games. When the match starts, Kojima asks Sakurai to wait a second.

Hideo Kojima: Sakurai-san, I want you to tell me what is wrong with this picture.

Sakurai: ...okay.

Kojima demonstrates. It turns out that Solid Snake, Konami's reputed badass, has the moveset of a pansy. His A moves were altered from the trailer; rather than CQC-style fighting techniques that were seen, we see Snake hopelessly flailing his limbs ala Luigi-style. The worst of his regular attacks is his F-smash, which involves Snake doing the "you're so silly" slap that those of a different sexual orientation would perform. In addition to how bad it looks, the knockback on the attack sucks horribly. In fact, the knockback for all of his regular attacks are horrible which leaves Snake with a lack of kill moves.

At this point, Sakurai looks to Kojima questioningly. Kojima tells Sakurai to be quiet for just a little while longer while he finishes his example.

Snake's B-moves received a similar level of the attention that was given to the A moves. Neutral B throws water balloons that pretty much have the same effect as Fox's lasers in Melee, only with about half the range. Though these balloons do indeed explode when they land short of their target, they do not cause splash damage. The only upside is that this projectile can be spammed---ALOT. Solid Snake's Forward B whips out one of those kiddie Nerf launchers and fires a nerf missile at the target. Like Link's bow-and-arrow from Melee, the nerf missile can be charged. However, at max, it can only deal about 5% damage---and it doesn't even stun them. Snake's Down-B summons one of the monkeys from Ape Escape, which he then uses as a shield ala Peach. Unlike Toad, however, the monkey will not reflect a small percentage of the attack back on the attacker. The monkey will actually go hog wild upon getting hit and jump on Snake's head for about two seconds. While the monkey is on his head, Snake cannot take any actions whatsoever. Also, coming out of the Down-B has alot of lag.

At this point, Kojima pauses and gestures to the screen. The final move that he performs is Snake's Up-B, which summons a parachute. Unlike most Up-B's, this move does not give Snake any vertical lift---it merely allows him to glide.

Hideo Kojima: Well? What do you have to say for yourself?

Sakurai: Um, yes...about that, Kojima-san. The powers-that-be were really coming down on me for having Snake in the game. I mean, he's an M-Rated character and Brawl is supposed to be a kid-friendly game! So I was given an ultimatum: Either I do something that gives him a more light-hearted air or replace him entirely.

Hideo Kojima: But...that's ridiculous! This isn't Snake.

Sakurai: I am truly sorry, Kojima-san.

Despite Kojima's valiant future attempts, the final version of Brawl (with characters like Bill Rizer and the Happy Mask Salesman in the roster) ships with this new Solid Snake. In addition to having this moveset, Sakurai (at the behest of Nintendo, of course) added a one more thing to Snake's repertoire: In addition to adding a pink variant to his standard costume, Sakurai also added an alternate outfit with Snake in overalls and with a fizz hat with a propeller on top.

Dear Lord. This would be horrible. I can't believe I thought of that.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. I am not a homophobe, nor was it my intent to bash other's sexuality. It was just a stereotype that I used. Calm down.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Sakurai says: "Wario's new costume will be him in a thong."

Sakurai says: "Everything you have seen has all been one big hoax. The entire game will be made in Flash and is only playable on the Internet Channel."

Sakurai says: "Forget online play. Forget new characters. The best feature in Brawl is real-time weapon changing. Watch out for some giant enemy crabs."

Sakurai says: "Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been so big, it will be shipped in six disks. Everytime you choose a character, you'll need to switch to another disk. Also, to save costs, we haven't labeled the disks differently, so you'll have to find out if you have six different disks or not, and which disk to insert."

Sakurai says: "We've gotten our inspiration from N-Sider. Therefore we killed off a lot of characters from the original, and made Goku playable. Kamehameha!"

Sakurai says: "Even though you've seen Yoshi's stage and Yoshi's icon, and heard the song from Yoshi's Story, we've decided not to include our little dinosaur. It would have been too predictable."

Sakurai says: "That's right folks! After large demands we've finally included Tingle as a playable character."

Sakurai says: "It's true, John Madden is playable."

Sakurai says: "Sonic will be in Brawl, and to celebrate the news, we're going to release some info about his stage. The background music will completely be done by Michael Jackson."

Sakurai says: "When you have unlocked everything, the music in the intro permanently changes, where the vocals are replaced by me. Isn't that exciting?"

Sakurai says: "Nintendo has decided to sell all its property to Microsoft. Therefore Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be XBox360 exclusive."

Sakurai says: "Link's voice will be done by Samuel L. Jackson. Mario will be voiced by Captain Lou Albano. Originally we wanted Ron Jeremy as Mario's voice, but his demands for the game weren't in line with what Nintendo wanted. Princess Peach will be voiced by Jessica Simpson."

Sakurai says: "Sometimes there will be a monkey who will throw crap at the monitor, blocking your sight for a few seconds. This monkey comes randomly, can not be disabled and will appear more frequently during single play and online matches."

Sakurai says: "Super Smash Bros. Brawl will get an M rating from the ESRB, because of the skin-tight suit Samus is wearing." (thanks a lot, Slugma -.-)

Framerate

Smash Lord
Sakurai says: "Wario's new costume will be him in a thong."
I can only dream.....

Anyways, worst thing that could happen:

Sakurai: "Dark Samus is not in Brawl."

I can't imagine why he would ever do that ...... >_>

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
Forget Mr. Game & Watch. By unlocking all the characters in the game, you'll see special hidden footage of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

Do the Mario!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We have decided to change the game to Super smash cards! and i mean the boring ones!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

That wouldn't really be all that bad, except that means we'd have to have it on some type of hard drive....

Sakurai: I'm, too sex-ay for this game, too sex-ay for Nintendo, too sex-ay for this ****!

He strips down and goes around Japan imploring people to have their way with him, leaving Brawl completely unfinished.

NukeA6

Smash Master
YOU HAVE UNLOCKED THE MASCOT OF SEGA, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG....... just kidding!

Now here's a serious one:
Japanese characters (Sigurd, Lip, Sukapon, etc.) being cut off from the U.S (it almost happened with Marth and Roy).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No Nintendo chracters will make it into the game because Nintendo is actually situated in Japan donhca know?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^^^

That wouldn't really be all that bad, except that means we'd have to have it on some type of hard drive....

Sakurai: I'm, too sex-ay for this game, too sex-ay for Nintendo, too sex-ay for this ****!

He strips down and goes around Japan imploring people to have their way with him, leaving Brawl completely unfinished.
LMFAO!! best one yet.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "After much negotiation, the newest addition to the roster is the fan favorite, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG! And because EGM was so creative with their April Fool's day joke about Sonic being in Melee, Sonic will be unlockable in Brawl by killing 20 people in CRUEL MELEE. Isn't that great!?"

If this were true I would die.

And now for the best possible news:

Sakurai: "The newest additions to the cast include Sonic, Geno, Lucario, Megaman, and others. Pichu has gotten the ax, and Mewtwo has been redone, along with most of the clones. And the game will include a super secret stage, where the background music will be Michael Jackson's Thriller."

Top Bottom