• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hehe... Nintendo's going all out with the good old anticipation marketing strategy, and we are completely falling for it...
And loving every minute of it.

*checks Smash Dojo*
*sees no news*
*goes back to whatever it was he was doing*

The Director

Smash Lord
Like Sakurai forgot about Smash for a while...

(he jumps off his rocking chair and throws down the newspaper) "...oh man, I should really post some news!"

Any new news is good news. (unless it's bad news)

Blazer

Smash Ace
I don't think there can be bad news right now. Unless a list of characters cut appears and many of the best characters are cut.

Fawriel

Smash Master
..it wouldn't exactly raise anticipation to make a list of what the game doesn't have.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
The title of this topic would make a good joke topic.

"Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!". Heh, it sounds so funny when you say it out loud!

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
A list of things that won't be in Brawl!
A soundtrack composed completely by Slayer and Megadeth.
Subliminal messages that encourage steroid abuse.
The ability to blow up the television set with the click of a button. Unless your television has a self-destruct button.
A peanut generator.

I feel like I'm talking for Sakurai! XD

D_B_S

Smash Lord
It might still be subliminal message about steriod absue and messages about cupcake spinal cord abuse O_O

NEW NEWS SOON!!!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Nintendo did the same thing with metroid prime 3, saying that there would be news soon. and now more new news soon to come for brawl! YAAAY! heres what i want to hear.

"I am shipping all of you at smashboards who so patiently waited for this game a free copy! hope you have a wii!"

xelad1

Smash Ace
A list of things that won't be in Brawl!
A soundtrack composed completely by Slayer and Megadeth.
Subliminal messages that encourage steroid abuse.
The ability to blow up the television set with the click of a button. Unless your television has a self-destruct button.
A peanut generator.

I feel like I'm talking for Sakurai! XD
But that soundtrack would kick oh so much ***, throw some maiden and pantera in and we'll be set :chuckle:

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Wow, cool! E3 is going to be on the 2-year anniversary of my trip to Japan! I read on IGN that Brawl is estimated to be out between the end of summer to the end of fall. Any idea about that? (I haven't been on the board since late April, so I don't know if this has been discussed yet)

I would seriously hope we get a new trailer similar to the first one in May 06. The last one we had was in November, I believe? And it only presented one more character? It's been 6 months, I say we deserve it. Give us 5 returning faces and five newcomers (possibly making a 3rd party *coughSoniccough* one of them).

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well the release date has been discussed, and we are all again excited about the news.
Feels like E3 '06 again :)

Zodiac: may God hear you, boy.

Edit: :(Just realized this is Sakurai's last Smash Brothers. :(
Who will take care of the next?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Give us 5 returning faces and five newcomers (possibly making a 3rd party *coughSoniccough* one of them).
Would it be a better idea for Nintendo to reveal Sonic as a character before the game is released (provided he is on the game)? I mean, would it help market the game, if he was a known character? I would prefer to be surprised...

If Sakurai reveals another character, would it be a character confirmation? Meaning, would it just be to reassure us that one of the original characters (like Donkey Kong or something) is still in the game? I'm hoping they keep the hidden characters hidden. I find it strange though, that Snake is a non-unlockable character... or maybe he isn't? I kinda assumed that they wouldn't show hidden characters in the trailers.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Would it be a better idea for Nintendo to reveal Sonic as a character before the game is released (provided he is on the game)? I mean, would it help market the game, if he was a known character? I would prefer to be surprised...

If Sakurai reveals another character, would it be a character confirmation? Meaning, would it just be to reassure us that one of the original characters (like Donkey Kong or something) is still in the game? I'm hoping they keep the hidden characters hidden. I find it strange though, that Snake is a non-unlockable character... or maybe he isn't? I kinda assumed that they wouldn't show hidden characters in the trailers.
Well with Sakurai saying that he's going to reveal every character before launch, I think he actually means "every character before launch." Within that, if Sonic is in, then the news will be released before the launch of the games anyways. So if you really want to be surprised.... then don't watch the new trailers when they come out or be on this forum at all during that time as they will likely be discussed in every topic.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sakurai already did say that he will let us know all of the new characters before the game is out, one character every week until release. And he also said that Solid Snake would be fit to be an unlockable character since he is a guest...

But this is awesome. Just think, there are likely 10-15 newcomers we just dont know about yet, and theres a chance we might hear about at least one of them before E3. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a Japanese site update...

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Apparently everyone wants to know about new characters..

I'd rather hear a confirmation on 4 player-online =), stages, gameplay, and keep characters 'till the end

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sakurai already did say that he will let us know all of the new characters before the game is out, one character every week until release.
Yeah, I just realized that people have been taking that translation a little bit too out of context. I just updated that translation today to read differently. He'll probably give the details of one starting character every week until release, and then AFTER release there will probably be one unlockable character every week.

Thats exactly the same method he used for Melee.

nuro

Smash Lord
Sakurai already did say that he will let us know all of the new characters before the game is out, one character every week until release. And he also said that Solid Snake would be fit to be an unlockable character since he is a guest...

But this is awesome. Just think, there are likely 10-15 newcomers we just dont know about yet, and theres a chance we might hear about at least one of them before E3. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a Japanese site update...
Are you sure Sakurai will show us characters weekly? I think I remembered hearing about that too, but if he started showing us now that would mean the game would come out around early Chirsmas. Sales wise it is smarter to release it around Thanksgiving since that marks the point where everyone opens their wallets in America.

Around 25 characters were in melee lets add 10 as a rough estimate so it will make it 35 characters in Brawl; although it could be more or less. We already have 5 new comers. Now lets subtract the 5 newcomers, which are ZSS, Pit, Snake, Wario, and Meta-Knight. This means that there are roughly around 30 characters that need summaries on the website.

Now hold on, the website has never given character summary pages to Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Fox, and Samus, at least not yet. Maybe Sakurai will only show us pages for the newcomers? Its possible. But that may mean Sakurai would simply have list the returning characters to us all at once. I don't think it would make sense to simply list all of the returning characters. The reason is because Fox had his own special trailer sequence which would make it lame to start listing the rest of the other characters out all at once. So this probably means he will have to give every character their own page.

If the game is going to be released in Japan first and if he wants to make it to U.S shores by Thanksgiving, then that means he will have to start showing us characters very soon. There are 27 weeks left untill Thanksgiving. Unless he starts showing us soon, there will be not enough weeks to show us all the characters.

From what I can tell he needs to show us something before E3. If he waits till E3 there wont be enough time. E3 is in July..

Edit- I didn't see Samurai's post. Now things make sense. Although I think that kind of defeats the purpose of showing us weekly. If the game is out (especially in Japan first) we can simply find out who is a secret character via the internet.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
If Sonic is in the game, he will be revealed prior to the game's release, whether or not he's secret. There are too many potential sales to be made to Sonic fans that aren't currently Smash fans. The idea that he'll remain secret in order for us to be "surprised" is just a fanboy's wet dream--there are video game fans outside of our little clique.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
A possibility of news is a big news to us. That means that we love this game a little too much and the developers need to see their effect on our lives.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Maybe well get infor on thrusday, why thrusday? it would be the one year anniversary of the 1st trailer, I remember it well cause her ein mexico, may 10th is mothers day, so maybe well get some new info on that day... haha who am I kiddin lol

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Maybe well get infor on thrusday, why thrusday? it would be the one year anniversary of the 1st trailer, I remember it well cause her ein mexico, may 10th is mothers day, so maybe well get some new info on that day... haha who am I kiddin lol
Yeh, thought bout that one before. I won't get of the computer thursday. And because it's the closest and is reasonable, now it's May 10th teh official news day.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i think as soon as E3. i am certain there will be more info on brawl at E3. even possibly a rough playable demo. but i am certain there will be some type of new info in one way or another...peace
I doubt that they'll have a playable demo but rather they'll have a new trailer perhaps even more than that at E3

Top Bottom