• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!

The Director

Smash Lord
Even if they don't give us any real news soon, I think they should atleast feed us a release date...that would churn things up around here a bit.

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling they're going to save the release date until E3. :urg: Oh well, it's only 2 months away now! It's creeping up...

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but if Sakurai thinks "E3" is soon, then he seriously needs a reality check. That'd be like 7 months before we got new info, whilst Halo 3's gettin a tad bit more info every week - even if its just a small screenshot, new weapon or new online feature, atleast its something to keep the hype up!

I thikn Sakurai's just getting naive into thinking SSBM players will hang around waiting and waiting for the slightest info for Brawl.

I waited too long and decided to get a 360 due to some major title releases, I was going to get a Wii for Zelda and Wario Ware, but their isn't much else which looks good on it in my opinion other than those two titles.

Where areas for the 360 theres Command and Conquer, Gears of War, Oblivion, Crackdown, Prey, FEAR and a few more games that over shadow the Wii at the moment.

Seriously Sakurai, time to shape up an start dishing stuff out - Cuz by the way things are going, I don't think Europe will see Brawl till Q1/Q2 of 2008, and I for one certainly am not happy about that.

Thats my two cents there - One unhappy Melee'er which has switched to the 360.

I

i8waffles612

would someone be kind to answer my question on the bottom of page 8...

Question:
What is E3??

Sorry, but if Sakurai thinks "E3" is soon, then he seriously needs a reality check. That'd be like 7 months before we got new info, whilst Halo 3's gettin a tad bit more info every week - even if its just a small screenshot, new weapon or new online feature, atleast its something to keep the hype up!

I thikn Sakurai's just getting naive into thinking SSBM players will hang around waiting and waiting for the slightest info for Brawl.

I waited too long and decided to get a 360 due to some major title releases, I was going to get a Wii for Zelda and Wario Ware, but their isn't much else which looks good on it in my opinion other than those two titles.

Where areas for the 360 theres Command and Conquer, Gears of War, Oblivion, Crackdown, Prey, FEAR and a few more games that over shadow the Wii at the moment.

Seriously Sakurai, time to shape up an start dishing stuff out - Cuz by the way things are going, I don't think Europe will see Brawl till Q1/Q2 of 2008, and I for one certainly am not happy about that.

Thats my two cents there - One unhappy Melee'er which has switched to the 360.
Sucks to be you,doesn't it?Well,you have to be patient,and what do you expect,your in Europe,games are always recieved late in Europe.We all have to be patient.But you can have some expectations for brawl news at this years E3.

Oh my god that would be sweet! I can picture it now...

Sakurai- "Welcome to the Brawl press conference at E3. I will be telling you about some of the things newly released for Brawl. (Gives a short Smash history recap, tells of some new items and stages, confirmed returning characters, confirmed newcomers, etc.). Also I have a demo to show you all, just a short competative match for fun to show new mechanics... but I'm not going to play alone, I'll need the help of an old friend."

Miyamoto- "Herro, I am Miyamoto."

Sakurai- "This is Miyamoto."

Miyamoto- "I, Miyamoto, wirr pray with you Sakurai."

Sakurai- "Thank you Miyamoto."

Miyamoto- (awkward pause)

Sakurai- "Well just a 2 player match is fun, but we should get some more friends for this to truly show off how fun this game will be."

Kojima- "I would like to play. I'll be Snake."

Sakurai- "No sh;t. Alright, I was hoping to play teams, but 2 on 1 isn't fair..."

Yuji- "***** I'm down yo! Lemme in dis sh;t!"

(Loud uproar from the crowd)

Sakurai- "Haha surely! You can play... but who will you be?"

("Woo!"s and "Ow!"s from the crowd)

Miyamoto- (Still awkwardly paused)

Yuji- "Foo, I'm gonna be Sonic! **** you ignant!"

(LOUD freakin' uproar from the crowd)

Sakurai- "Oh, right sorry." (smirk) "Ok let's play!"

(Some Mario and Kirby vs Snake and Sonic action goes down. It's wicked awesome. Everyone goes crazy, some guy in the crowd gets ***** and stabbed... conference is let out..)
(... conference is continued the following day!)

Sakurai- "Well, if you promise not to do that again I'll give a release date."

Crowd (Simultaneously)- "Promise!"

Sakurai- "Right now!" (Throws copies out into the chairs! Yay! Stores reveal they've had them the whole time! I get one! Yay!)

THE END :chuckle:

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Miyamoto- I'm Miyamoto
Sakurai- this is Miyamoto

Both shut up for half an hour looking at each other and you start hearing hard hits on the roof, only to discover later that shoes were raining.
And the shoes turn into water, which later bursts into flames. But the water didn't actually burst into flames, you notice that the flames are instead floating 1/4 of a inch above the water.
Then you implode.

Miyamoto- I'm Miyamoto

Both shut up for half an hour looking at each other and you start hearing hard hits on the roof, only to discover later that shoes were raining.
And the shoes turn into water, which later bursts into flames. But the water didn't actually burst into flames, you notice that the flames are instead floating 1/4 of a inch above the water.
Then you implode.
How does that make any sense?

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Question:
What is E3??
Electronic Entertianment Expo(pretty sure it's something like that)

A lot of companies come to showcase some of their newest stuff and release new info and companies like nintendo, ms, sony, sega, square, capcom, marvel, etc attend it. There's demos and a lot of other stuff

Chepe

Smash Lord
I doubt that much info will be given to us so soon. Id rather think that he will update the official site soon, with some new screenshots of the confirmed characters on some new stages we havent seen yet. Perhaps a few comments on how the game is going and some hints on some new game mechanics...

I also think he will start adding silhouettes to be filled in weekly again. Probably not new characters yet, but silhouettes of returning characters. Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Fox would obviously be the first 5...

Plomid

Smash Ace
Miyamoto- I'm Miyamoto

Then you implode.
You see Sakurai!
You're making people lose their minds!
You really really need to release something soon or else.....well i think this picture shows it best

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
The day of reckoning has come, and silence echoes across the land. Will the desperate Smashers get their new information? Will a new character be revealed? Will I lose my mind before the end of this reply?...

It's actually pretty funny how obsessed we've all become with this game. Hopefully we get new info today, though I highly doubt it. I'm not getting my hopes up. Yet I have to admit, i can only watcht eh first 2 trailers so many times before....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :colorful: :rotfl: :rotfl: :colorful:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't know... Thursday is a random day to get something cool, even if it is the one year anniversary or whatever. Maybe over the weekend? But even that's too soon, I doubt it. Plus there's no events coming up in the near future. E3 is a whole 2 months away. But you never know. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
If we get anything before E3, It's not going to be much...Remember...since Brawl will be a highly anticipated game, they will need loads of info at the biggest game event ever...But nevertheless... a character or something would blow this site up...

Finigin

Smash Cadet
I agree with Cero. I would like some new info, but I doubt we will get any until E3. Though, I hope we don't have to wait that long!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...Well like I said...If anything, we'll get a character or two(if that)and thats about it...Probably will be Yoshi and a Fire Emblem character because we've seen the stages already...But trailers will wait for E3 because thats the big thing for it...

Finigin

Smash Cadet
Whoops, sorry. I guess I miss quoted you there. o.o

I think you're right about the characters, since Yoshi and a FE character have stages.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Well, since E3 is much...MUCH smaller, who knows what could happen?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Nintendo is going to be at three major gaming conventions over the course of four months...just to make sure everyone knew that.

Plomid

Smash Ace
if they'd just stick to the original e3 this side would be flooding with
:"OHHHH MY GAAAAAAAAWWWWD"s and "NIIIICE I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING"s

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...the original E3... Either way, this site will be flooded with"OHHHH MY GAAAAAAAAWWWWD'S and NIIIICE I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING"s... We are still going to get the info then we have the E for All for another event so we will have another event to look forward too...

Top Bottom