• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
I was watching the 2nd trailer and I realized I had eaten half of my left hand by the time it was over. I'm starting to lose it. Need...update....

The Director

Smash Lord
well it's 12:30 and i still see no new news...i guess i'll have to wait till E3
Just because they have no new update on the anniversary doesn't mean we won't get one soon.

He said soon, none of us really know what Sakurai's definition of "soon" is. He could wait till E3, but that has yet to be seen....
Well said. Remember back in November when he said it will be a little while longer before it's playable? Well the only other person who played it since then was Kojima, so a little longer meant 6 months!

*sigh* I miss the old E3's,i've been going to them since I was 15.And now,this E3 isn't going to be as'entertaining' as the last incarnate of E3.

The babes,the free shirts,the loud music and compulsive DDR players,kicking so much arse in the games they had on display.All of the fun is gone.

I'm going to attend this years E3,but i'm not going to have fun with it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
*sigh* I miss the old E3's,i've been going to them since I was 15.And now,this E3 isn't going to be as'entertaining' as the last incarnate of E3.

The babes,the free shirts,the loud music and compulsive DDR players,kicking so much arse in the games they had on display.All of the fun is gone.

I'm going to attend this years E3,but i'm not going to have fun with it.

lmao yeah ok kid.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
May 20th is a date to look forward to, if you ask me. In one of their podcasts, IGN said that they had a bunch of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption information that they can release on around May 20th. Yeah, they didn't mention anything else.

But my reasoning--it doesn't seem like some companies have even realized that E3 was moved. The Capcom event a few weeks ago, SEGA and Namco have released a bit of information on Wii games recently (like, within the past few days), Square Enix and Tecmo both recently held some events... could it be that Nintendo is holding stuff until the 20th? Maybe, but here's to hoping!

The Director

Smash Lord
I hate to say this and bring it to everybody's attention, but if this were a normal year then E3 would have come and gone by now, and we would have so much Brawl news... :(

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
May 20th is a date to look forward to, if you ask me. In one of their podcasts, IGN said that they had a bunch of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption information that they can release on around May 20th. Yeah, they didn't mention anything else.

But my reasoning--it doesn't seem like some companies have even realized that E3 was moved. The Capcom event a few weeks ago, SEGA and Namco have released a bit of information on Wii games recently (like, within the past few days), Square Enix and Tecmo both recently held some events... could it be that Nintendo is holding stuff until the 20th? Maybe, but here's to hoping!
Yeh, heard that podcast too....
Anyway ot another I'll be happy by the end of May 20th. Maybe you're right and we'll get news of Brawl?
Prolly a release date for MP3....

lmao yeah ok kid.
I'm very serious.E3 WAS like that,pure insanity,and I couldn't teel you how easily you can get lost between the Main and East Wing in the convention center.

I got in because:

1. People that I know that recieve invitations,but don't go because they are typically lazy.But I did actually play them to register the badges for me.

2.I look like I'm 18.I'm 6'00 and I was 5'10 back then.(Even though I will be 18 soon)

I use to get in by illegitimate reasons,but when I become 18,I can start going legitimatly.But otherwise,I will continue to use my methods

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I think he should release a demo on VC. I heard the Halo 3 Beta is 900MB (from Gamespot who has the beta already) and a Brawl demo would probably be alot less than that, so I think it could work but you might have to delete everything already. That would totally show up the Halo 3 Beta!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
And yet he moved faster than the clouds,
Which Mario and ZSS do earlier in the trailer.

without any kind of movement animation.
If you've ever watched the trailer, you'd know Wario's dash animation involves little in terms of upper body movement and almost as little leg movement which, despite the zoomed out view, is obvious to tell that that's what he's doing since his body is turned to the side completely and his body is tilted.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I think he should release a demo on VC. I heard the Halo 3 Beta is 900MB (from Gamespot who has the beta already) and a Brawl demo would probably be alot less than that, so I think it could work but you might have to delete everything already. That would totally show up the Halo 3 Beta!
I disagree, as much as I love smash and dislike, there is no doubt Halo has more players. I also doubt a demo being downloadable, only cause the Wii can't hold much... but I really really wish they would do that.

The Director

Smash Lord
This probably won't help any of us here but...

The site Rumor Reporter has a new segment, mailbag. I took this opportunity to ask Bruce if he knew or had any assumptions about Brawl. While my question was the first answered, (yay!) it didn't really clarify anything:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl hasn’t had any big news items in months; the last big
update on the game was back in November, almost 6 months ago!

When can we expect Brawl’s release, and when can we expect to hear anything new
about the game? This drought’s killing me! — Joe

Joe, I know how the hype is killing Wii owners waiting for more news about Smash Brothers Brawl. Although I haven’t seen the game in a while, I do know that Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear Solid series, has recently played the game and stated that it would be good enough if it was released now. Reasoning behind the delay I’m sure is Nintendo’s uncertainty on how it will implement online features within the game. Don’t fret though, the way won’t be as long as you think. July 11th-13th is the E3 Business and Media Summit in Santa Monica, California. I’m sure you’ll hear more by then, if not sooner.

Looks like we may really have to wait until July. :(

When you think about it though, we've waited this long. Might as well just suck it in and go all or nothing at E3.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well how about this everyone? We cross our fingers for May 20th... but if nothing new comes by the 27th then we have to face it that nothing new is coming until E3 in July. I know it sucks, but we're just going to have to be grown up about this. So here's the plan again:

Fingers crossed for the 20th
Wait about a week...
If nothing, suck it up and hold out until July. We'll DEFINITELY have news then.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I know nothing I tell myself will stop me from checking the site, and these boards, every **** day. I feel really dumb cause I've never stalked a game so much like this ever before.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Honestly, this is just ridiculous. I'm tired of this roller coaster of will-he-wont-he bull, and the speculating is fun as long as you haven't been speculating for an ENTIRE FREAKING YEAR.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Honestly, this is just ridiculous. I'm tired of this roller coaster of will-he-wont-he bull, and the speculating is fun as long as you haven't been speculating for an ENTIRE FREAKING YEAR.
Absolutely agreed upon there, Panda. I think I speak for everyone when we say how appreciative we are for you to stick around, and translate stuff when you see it.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
When you think about it, we already know a lot about Brawl. Two trailers, 60 or so screens, several characters and stages (including the megaton Snake), details on the music... the details we're asking for are typically not discussed until one month or two until the release of the game!

I know Brawl is a higher profile release than normal, but we actually know a lot about the game compared to when it will be released (the end of this year at best). I suspect we won't hear much until E3, we'll get some good solid news, and then it's back in the tank until October. In the meantime, go outside, play other games, or watch the NHL playoffs. :)

0oo0

Smash Cadet
I dont suspect any new info until E3... I knew nothing would come out for a while...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I said all this E3 stuff on the last page...I know it...
NHL sucks, no outside, video games... Melee or Super Paper Mario till Brawl...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^^^ Both Melee and Super Paper Mario rule, I can wait.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Absolutely agreed upon there, Panda. I think I speak for everyone when we say how appreciative we are for you to stick around, and translate stuff when you see it.
Agreed! Huzzah for Samurai Panda! Here here! Thank you, your recent discovery gives hope to a dying cause. I hate to say it, but you're a bit more reliable than Sakurai. :) gj

I dont suspect any new info until E3... I knew nothing would come out for a while...
Well what about the 20th? Isn't some Nintendo thing supposed to be going down then?

I said all this E3 stuff on the last page...I know it...
NHL sucks, no outside, video games... Melee or Super Paper Mario till Brawl...
NHL doesn't suck. Go Devils.

Top Bottom