• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well it's only 8 days left now....
PIE!!!
Edit: in IGN's podcast they didn't clarify if it was the 20th or around the 20th....
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: CHICKEN ARISE!!!!!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes but anything is useful... If no Brawl, there is at least Metroid Prime 3: Corruption new that will be announced for a fact. And there will most likely be Mario Galaxy news as well...

WR3K

Smash Ace
so was the 20th a date you guys just came up with or is there anything special about it?

if you guys came up with it, id say theres no way wede get news that soon, id say wait till the beginning of juns then...... if theres no news then, then its DEFINATELY all the way till E3... and if im wrong, then any news sooner will just be that much more of a suprise!

(hopes for news tomarrow when i check this site like i have done for everyday this year)

icymatt

Smash Lord
On an IGN podcast, they said that there will/might be Metroid Prime 3 news during the week of May 20th.

Some think Brawl might also get some news at the same time because it is also a big name Wii game. I'm a little iffy on that, but whatever.

This week, most likely on Wednesday (when gaming sites usually get ahold of Japanese magazines), we will find out if CoroCoro has anything new/interesting about Brawl in it.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Yes, a comics magazine. But they cover video games, as well (they revealed most of the D/P Pokemon before the game came out).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It is a comic's magazine... How will wii (ha...I crack myself up) find any information on Brawl in a comics magazine..?? (oh I ******* wonder)

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Honestly, what they should do now is just give out the release date and let evey thing be a surprise. What happen to the days when there was no cheat code central or IGN if you ask me no more INFO JUST REALSE DATE!!!!

The Director

Smash Lord
The CoroCoro thing would be this Wednesday, huh? Let's all hope for the best.

Dissida: Final Fantasy was revealed in Shonen Jump, a comic magazine.
Dissidia is supposed to run a lot like Smash, only with FF characters. Sign me up.

But has anybody realized that a lot of game makers have been holding parties and events to announce games and such recently? I miss E3...maybe they do, too.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
So, people think Smash news on the 20th because news for a DIFFERENT game MIGHT be released?

You guys really are grasping at straws.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
So, people think Smash news on the 20th because news for a DIFFERENT game MIGHT be released?

You guys really are grasping at straws.
Heh.. Well, that is pretty much the only brawl-related thing there is to do at the moment. :laugh:

GenG

Smash Lord
Dissidia is supposed to run a lot like Smash, only with FF characters. Sign me up.
From the screens, it looks a lot like Psychic Force 1 and 2, 1vs1 fighting games which were unique because the characters were floating and not in ground.

An epic trailer was shown in the Square-Enix Party 2007 and some characters confirmed are Knight (from FF1), Garland (from FF1 too), Cecil (FF4), Sephiroth (FF7), Zidane and Kuja (from FF9). It's obvious that the main character and enemy from every title will be in.

One of the SE most interesting titles since their most recent games are ports and remakes of games I played more than 6 years ago.

Rash

Smash Ace
I just listened to that May 4th Wii-k in Review.

It's nice to know that we'll be getting some more news soon. But honestly, I'm just sick of constantly hearing about getting news. Week after week it seems like we should be getting something and are getting nothing, especially when it comes to the big games. They'll tell us that the games are coming in 2007; that's great and all, but you can't expect me not to worry when I've seen and heard so little over the past several months.

Due to all of these "hints" that have been given recently, I am now fully expecting news of some kind shortly following the 20th of May. Not just for Brawl, but for other games as well. Let's hope that we get specific details this time around straight from the developers' mouths.

spjd

Smash Apprentice

It's nice to know that we'll be getting some more news soon. But honestly, I'm just sick of constantly hearing about getting news. Week after week it seems like we should be getting something and are getting nothing, especially when it comes to the big games. They'll tell us that the games are coming in 2007; that's great and all, but you can't expect me not to worry when I've seen and heard so little over the past several months.

Due to all of these "hints" that have been given recently, I am now fully expecting news of some kind shortly following the 20th of May. Not just for Brawl, but for other games as well. Let's hope that we get specific details this time around straight from the developers' mouths.
You said it!
I think it's really cool, and wise in some way, to not just lay any news at all out on the internet. But I'm seriously getting anxious soon.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Could this news possibly be minigames, and Tingle in Brawl?

Check the CoroCoro thread NOW, and get SamauriPanda in there too.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman

if we get any news it will certainly be on the week of the 20th

Gamer's Day Hey guys with all of these recent "Gamer Day" events from Capcom, Sega, Ubisoft, EA, Tecmo and Sony, I was wondering if Nintendo had some sort of event like that of a "Gamers Day" planned for fairly soon if at all. So do they? Maybe this is where we will be getting that Metroid Prime 3 news.....hmmmm.
Thanks.

Link117

Sure would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? Oddly enough, I will be in Seattle next week. What a strange coincidence. I think such an event would be a great way for Nintendo to give us a pre-E3 look at some of its games for the next quarter or two and I'd be seriously surprised if anticipated projects like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption weren't on-hand. Barring any embargoes, I'd stay tuned through next week for more news - hypothetically speaking, of course.

-- Matt

http://wii.ign.com/mail/

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
zomg
zomg
zomg
zomg

I can't wait to call my friend.

"7 days... 7 days...!"
"Saim?"
"New Smash Bros Brawl news in 7 days!"

I

i8waffles612

Holy Crap 7 Days!!!

Wow I Like Peed Myself!!

7 days is also the day the cacadas come to IL!!!

Top Bottom