• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai knows what he is doing

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
The important question isn't will brawl be for casual players ir competitive ones, the question is will sakurai be able to make it for everyone, casual and competitive alike. And the answer is.......yes he can, becuase he's a genius and he was able to do it twice before and I know he will do it again. I think all of you are in withdraw from WDing. Your addicted to WDing. Get off the juice. Back on topic, your all to worried about it not being competitive, and Jinger, you are so far from being right it gives me a headace. The game will be fine, why can't any one just sit back and let Sakurai tell us what the game will be like and stop complaining.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
^^ Are you finished? You should use ignorant post tags so people don't get confused because you're making no sense.

If we play competitive it doesn't affect you.
If you play casual it doesn't us.

"Fun", is a subjective term, smartass. What's fun for you might not be fun for me, think about that next time you go around bashing things you don't like Mr. Opinion.

We play for fun on a different level and then ******* like you come along and go "oh noes I can't keep up *bash bash bash!!* Look mommy! I'm a big kid now!".

You think you're cool because you play a little but don't go any further? Well guess what? That's how Olympics came about, do you think people just up and decided "Let's make something called Olympics, were we-we run around in circles at different lengths and where we throw stuff yeah!"

I bet you're a fan of some sort of sport or like an artist, radio wasn't around forever and singing/music was just for fun, look at music now. You're telling us we're close minded for liking the tournament scene but you're the one how thinks the game should be played one way.

I can't believe how naive and ignorant some kids are growing up today.

Ey! Don't try to make me look like the bad guy here! >:0 You say that the term "fun" is different for everybody, but whats so fun about competetiveness? That your winning? 'Cuz I'm sure if you lose you whine like a big ***** just like you whine on here about the game not being competetive or not having "wavedash" or whatever the hell you guys are blabbing about. :ohwell:

And what the hell are you saying about me not making any sense when your friggin' comparing VIDEO GAMES to the OLYMPICS, ya nerd. And how old are you? 43? :laugh: Go ahead, you guys can hate me, but I'm gonna express my opinions as much as you guys are. :chuckle:

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
The important question isn't will brawl be for casual players ir competitive ones, the question is will sakurai be able to make it for everyone, casual and competitive alike. And the answer is.......yes he can, becuase he's a genius and he was able to do it twice before and I know he will do it again. I think all of you are in withdraw from WDing. Your addicted to WDing. Get off the juice. Back on topic, your all to worried about it not being competitive, and Jinger, you are so far from being right it gives me a headace. The game will be fine, why can't any one just sit back and let Sakurai tell us what the game will be like and stop complaining.
RYNO, good post but your getting off subject. Lets get back on will Jeremy Feifer own in brawl?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ey! Don't try to make me look like the bad guy here! >:0 You say that the term "fun" is different for everybody, but whats so fun about competetiveness? That your winning? 'Cuz I'm sure if you lose you whine like a big ***** just like you whine on here about the game not being competetive or not having "wavedash" or whatever the hell you guys are blabbing about. :ohwell:
Dude you're an idiot. Can't you read? What is fun for you might not be fun for someone else. Tattoo it on your skull if you're too dense to understand.

Congrats on being a close minded idiot though, looks good on you.

And what the hell are you saying about me not making any sense when your friggin' comparing VIDEO GAMES to the OLYMPICS, ya nerd. And how old are you? 43? :laugh: Go ahead, you guys can hate me, but I'm gonna express my opinions as much as you guys are. :chuckle:

Is this your way of telling me you failed in comprehension? Ok, I guess that's why you sound so stupid. "L000l you n3rd! mummy I called a guy on the internet nerd! I'm cool!"

Too bad that unlike you, most of the people on here can express their opinions without suffering from a diarrhea-esque explosion of idiocy.

Congrats on learning to count to 43 though.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Wow, this is why we have such a division between casual and competative players. We always have some jerk bashing casuals for no reason.
You do realize that he was bashing someone who was ******** and was bashing competitive players and being a complete *** right? You make it sound like Red Exodus is horrible when you didn't bother to see why he said what he said.
And yes, people actually aren't playing because WDing isn't in.
Those people weren't very good by tournament standards and for the most part were unknowns. The only one that anyone would remember now is Dylan, and his views on this subject have drastically changed and he is A LOT more mature with his posts.

@FightingGameGuy
Yeah your post was pretty **** good, too bad everybody was too busy talking about how infallible Sakurai is to notice it :-(.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Oh yay, lets make a mass generalization because of a handful of people in which only one has any real significance!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Asside from the fact that the whole M2K + random idiots not playing Brawl for one reason or another is completely off topic. So lets move on shall we?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I wasn't making a generalization *slits*

On-topic: People are just afraid of change

Aren't most countries poltically Conservative? If so, that's a great example of human unwillingness to change.

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
For those of you complaining about sakurai you should stop he is making this game for a reason he is not just gonna go screw up the game, common ppl have some more faith in him. Also those of you who say your not gonna play the game because it doesn't have wavedashing are just being immature! there i said it

Cless

Smash Champion
Everyone who makes games commercially gets paid to make them in some form or another. Why do you assume that he can't mess up?

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
If he messes up his game won't sell well. If his game doesn't sell well then he wasted the last two or three years putting together a game they lost millions of dollars making. And if his company losses money, he losses money and might not find funding for the next game.

Cless

Smash Champion
It's every game creator's job to make a game that appeals to everyone. Whether they do or care about that is another matter entirely.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm only saying that we sould trust sakurai a little more since it's his job to make games that appeal to everyone, including competitive smashers.
Yet he nerfed all of Samus's projectiles. Without the projectiles and without wavedashing (normally it isn't a big deal to not have wavedashing, so don't think i'm whining about the loss, but this is character specific) Samus has pretty much lost the entirety of her approach game.

Granted, a lot of the other buffs and nerfs have been pretty apropriate, but there are stil A LOT of obvious balance problems. I know we've only had 4 days to try out the game at E4All, but when it's THAT obvious of a problem and the fact that the game has probably been tested for quite some time before that, it lends me to believe that Brawl will suffer from a lot of the same faults that Melee did.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yet he nerfed all of Samus's projectiles. Without the projectiles and without wavedashing (normally it isn't a big deal to not have wavedashing, so don't think i'm whining about the loss, but this is character specific) Samus has pretty much lost the entirety of her approach game.
Maybe he wanted to stop spammers. Notice that Peach's Down Smash, Fox's Up Smash, and Link's Spin Attack has also been depowered. And they were spamming moves that noobs love so much.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
True, but we haven't had enough time to truly be able to see if they completely nerfed samus. They probably added some other tricks to her arsenal. There will always be balance problems. If sakurai tried to make a completely balanced game it would never be released, and if it was I don't think I'd be that fun. Part of the fun of the game is finding ways to over come you characters faults.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Maybe he wanted to stop spammers.
Samus shoots things, she should be one of the few characters that specialize in ranged attacks. That was kind of the point with her. Everyone else typically only has one projectile, and she was sitting pretty with 2 good ones. Now not only does her missiles and charge shot not amount to much, but she can't missile cancel anymore. So basically shooting a missile is basically rendered useless and we have a chick with a gun punching dudes...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Maybe they tried to balance that out by her changing into zero-suit samus. She has some decent projectiles.
The irony that Zamus's gun couldn't actually kill anything, yet somehow in Brawl if her gun was way better than both of her suits's projectiles... that would just be funny to me.

Cless

Smash Champion
I thought Zamus' gun in this game functioned pretty much the same except for the whip. Anyway, I figure he was thinking to balance it out with Zamus. She seems a lot faster and probably has a better approach than Samus.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Anyway, I figure he was thinking to balance it out with Zamus.
The thing is that the transformation to Zamus is so bulky. If there was an option to start as Zamus that would be a huge improvement, but if they would mess up the balance of either one given how ridiculous it is to transform then they made a huge mistake.

They should realize that some people might want to play as one or the other, and allow the player to do that if they chose too. If they wanted to make the player use both effectively to balance each other out, then they should have made the transformation a standard move.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
I think her gun as zamus is weaker but has more stun. They tried to do a zelda/shiek thing. Zelda is powerful, shiek is fast, same for samus/zamus. But having to wait for a smash ball sucks, if you had to do that with shiek, he would be low tier.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that is wasn't a bad move. That's just my reasoning to nerf what Samus does. Maybe there will be a way to start as one or the other. I don't see why there can't be, and you always have the option to switch, should you really want to, via FS.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Agreed. Zamus should be an option not a leftover in the aftermath of the zero laser.
But you misunderstand... Samus is a leftover of Zamus's FS. :laugh:

No, but seriously, That was pretty odd that he pretty much screwed over the Samus main. For someone with projectiles, she has to be pretty close in this game.

That and all of the people who hoped that Zamus would be easily picked... well, we know what happened. Then again, this is a demo, and you never know what'll happen.

M.K

Level 55
Samus shoots things, she should be one of the few characters that specialize in ranged attacks. That was kind of the point with her. Everyone else typically only has one projectile, and she was sitting pretty with 2 good ones. Now not only does her missiles and charge shot not amount to much, but she can't missile cancel anymore. So basically shooting a missile is basically rendered useless and we have a chick with a gun punching dudes...
Three if you use a bomb and it falls onto someone way down below.
This makes me sad, Samus is my main in Melee. :(

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I main Samus and I'm gonna wait until I play Brawl to make my judgment but Samus sounds like she's screwed. All she had was a projectile game, everything else helped her projectile game in some way but now she's going to have to fight close range. Plus she's bigger than before.

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
I main Samus and I'm gonna wait until I play Brawl to make my judgment but Samus sounds like she's screwed. All she had was a projectile game, everything else helped her projectile game in some way but now she's going to have to fight close range. Plus she's bigger than before.
Like Gimpy said your going to have to learn how to play these character differently because it isn't melee it is brawl

Top Bottom