• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai knows what he is doing

im sry but even if i was new to the game i would complain about a You Must Recover update would you like to know why... example... omgz i pwneratd of teh edge what do i do?!! ... I know i'll just fall to my death... that makes sense. I'm pretty sure most people would figure out to do something to come back to the edge, and those who dont get a UFF, for U FUNKING FAIL

p.s. i never watched that video til i looked it up on youtube after hearing about it on hear, and i did ok, why because im a funking G
1: You are no G, sir. You are very much a Q.
2: I fell off when I first played...because no one tells me sh*t.

Duh! Who are they gonna blame? Themselves? They're too busy neglecting their children to do that.
I like that phrase. It smells of win.

heh heh...sex

True that. Let the man do what he wants to do. We don't want a Melee rehash, now do we?
Some do. If I remember correctly, someone (probably The_Hypnotist) said at one point they'd boycott Brawl if it didn't have WDing...

Mhm. I love how all the people think the updates are directed towards them. I doubt Sakurai gives a crap about you. He probably plans what he is going to update, and updates the site. And think about the "You Must Recover!" update; think of yourself as a newcomer to the SSB series, you wouldn't know crap about the game, and you wouldn't say crap about it either.
Of course I'd appreciate knowing the You Must Recover thing before plunging into the abyss of Blastline Land, not when I feel like hopping onto the web and looking up sh*t on a website that has it buried in it's archives.

As for Sakurai "giving a crap", I'd assume he'd care very much considering the fact that he's 1, doing this here "Dojo", 2 gave us an unlockable (Sonic) and a Demo to cushion the blow for a Delay-o-Doom, and 3, stayed commited to his daily updating blog, whereas other companies would've been like "f**k it".

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
As for Sakurai "giving a crap", I'd assume he'd care very much considering the fact that he's 1, doing this here "Dojo", 2 gave us an unlockable (Sonic) and a Demo to cushion the blow for a Delay-o-Doom, and 3, stayed commited to his daily updating blog, whereas other companies would've been like "f**k it".

A lot of big games give many updates about their games. They don't give 5 small updates a week, but they would give some good info every few weeks usually. By the time the game is released, we will know about as much about Brawl as we would at any other game, so it's not like Sakurai is providing the first game witth info before its release.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
Brawl won't be like other big games. Sakurai is providing us with a lot more info than your giving him credit for. He's already told us about several hidden characters and detailed info about the subspace emissary. He doesn't give five small updates a week, he just gives five updates, big and small. Right now hes just stalling until he tells us some huge update.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Brawl won't be like other big games. Sakurai is providing us with a lot more info than your giving him credit for. He's already told us about several hidden characters and detailed info about the subspace emissary. He doesn't give five small updates a week, he just gives five updates, big and small. Right now hes just stalling until he tells us some huge update.
I have the feeling that he was planning on giving us the last character (#24) right before launch, then had to adjust for the delay. The updates we've been getting after have seemed kinda bad, but every once in a while...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decides to tease us with an image file and congratulate us a Happy New Year.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Some do. If I remember correctly, someone (probably The_Hypnotist) said at one point they'd boycott Brawl if it didn't have WDing...
That was Dylan_Tnga, and I debated with him over his views for a month and he is now a changed man that is looking forward to Brawl.

Secondly, this is a sequel, why do you people think they have to change every aspect of the game? Why do you care when people wish there were more similar aspects? Seriously, most of the people complaining didn't join this site till this year, yet you act like you guys know all there is about the competitive scene and complain about how we feel about the game. You then think for some reason that you have just as much clout to shape Brawl's competitive scene, when you haven't participated in it at all till now.

Also, I see way more casual people complaining about updates than competitive players, yet most posts I see about people upset over complaints seem to think it's resoundingly a competitive players viewpoint. This is inherent in comments like this: True that. Let the man do what he wants to do. We don't want a Melee rehash, now do we?
As well as how people reacted to my other posts in this thread.

Meh, I would say more but I can't really organize my thoughts very well right now. I just find it hard to understand why people who show up out of nowhere think they know what's going down.

Banned via Administration
That was Dylan_Tnga, and I debated with him over his views for a month and he is now a changed man that is looking forward to Brawl.

Secondly, this is a sequel, why do you people think they have to change every aspect of the game? Why do you care when people wish there were more similar aspects? Seriously, most of the people complaining didn't join this site till this year, yet you act like you guys know all there is about the competitive scene and complain about how we feel about the game. You then think for some reason that you have just as much clout to shape Brawl's competitive scene, when you haven't participated in it at all till now.

Also, I see way more casual people complaining about updates than competitive players, yet most posts I see about people upset over complaints seem to think it's resoundingly a competitive players viewpoint. This is inherent in comments like this: True that. Let the man do what he wants to do. We don't want a Melee rehash, now do we?

Meh, I would say more but I can't really organize my thoughts very well right now. I just find it hard to understand why people who show up out of nowhere think they know what's going down.
because they are ignorant 15 yr olds who have never been to tournaments and dont know what real competitive smash is all about OR about how videogames are sold OR about human nature.

raul

Smash Lord
I love how people think you should love every update as if it's your first born child.

Get over yourself, people are going to dislike certain updates, just because you like kissing Sakurai's *** doesn't mean everyone likes to.
I couldn't have said it better myself. They are just updates after all and it seems are startig to worship the Dojo more than life itself. I think the issue here has been stated enough: RELAX!!! Sakurai is not going to just spill all the information about Brawl all in one omega update on any day with some meaning (ie, December 3rd), nor will he give us great update after great update because we demand it. He is the "master hand" if you will and he chooses what he wants up on the sight. I think he does want to reveal all the character himself eventually rather than losing the intrigue to blogs and such on the internet, but that does mean he's going to reveal an entire character roster every day until the game comes out. He does want to leave us with some exciting and new in the game. He wants to have some surprises left.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I agree with this 100%. I can't remember if I said it in this thread but I remember saying that just because it's a sequel doesn't mean the old stuff should be thrown out for the new stuff. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
because they are ignorant 15 yr olds who have never been to tournaments and dont know what real competitive smash is all about OR about how videogames are sold OR about human nature.
Because that's totally not flaming...

They are keep most of the aspects the same. They don't have to change the whole thing, and they aren't aside from accounts that the game is a bit more "floaty", and the absence of WDing, the game looks the same to me. I haven't played it, but I form that opinion from the resources I have. The competitive scene is only one aspect of Smash. And for the update thing, refer to my drug analogy on the last page for my opnion.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I remember that guy, but if I remember correctly, it was a good chunk of the forum saying they wouldn't even buy Brawl if WDing wasn't in. That went for for nearly a year after Brawl was announced.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
I remember that guy, but if I remember correctly, it was a good chunk of the forum saying they wouldn't even buy Brawl if WDing wasn't in. That went for for nearly a year after Brawl was announced.
I remember that, he posted a thread complaining that he thinks brawl is going to suck. People get ahead of themselves and jump to conclusions and are afraid of change.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
um...it seems official that something will happen then, what we're getting (at worst, profiles of all revealed characters, at best, full roster reveal!!!), is the thing we don't know. At worst, I say we're getting sheik. If we do get a full reveal, I'm more or less glad that Sakurai is being more lenient this time around.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
actually now that i think about it i hope all the "no items final destination wave dashers" keep playing ssbm, so that in brawl it will be more casual (aka fun) players and gameplay

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
um...it seems official that something will happen then, what we're getting (at worst, profiles of all revealed characters, at best, full roster reveal!!!), is the thing we don't know. At worst, I say we're getting sheik. If we do get a full reveal, I'm more or less glad that Sakurai is being more lenient this time around.
Why is that a GOOD thing?! Won't it all get spoiled?! :(

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Why is that a GOOD thing?! Won't it all get spoiled?! :(
Either tread dangerous waters in the internet or leave them if you treasure your ignorance so much. At this point, I don't think many people would MIND getting a full roster reveal so we can finally put all the endless hamsterwheel speculation to rest.

Really, what difference does it make where you learn the roster from? Knowledge is power.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Either tread dangerous waters in the internet or leave them if you treasure your ignorance so much. At this point, I don't think many people would MIND getting a full roster reveal so we can finally put all the endless hamsterwheel speculation to rest.

Really, what difference does it make where you learn the roster from? Knowledge is power.

I dunno whats wrong with me. I guess I just enjoy surprises. How crazy is that?? xD :p

Anyways, I guess I'll just have to go in hiding if its true. :ohwell:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
competitive play ftw. you now why halo is doing so good? because the makers know that kids wanan be pro at the game. i REALLY want smash to have a high level competivie thing for good players and room for improvement not just for laughs lol

brawl 4 life!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
actually now that i think about it i hope all the "no items final destination wave dashers" keep playing ssbm, so that in brawl it will be more casual (aka fun) players and gameplay
Wow, this quote is just overflowing with ignorance and idiocy.

Can't you play casually with your friends? You think we force you to play competitively? You act like you're some mindless trend follower, PLAY CASUALLY IF YOU WANT TO, no one cares, I hate when idiots like you just decide that game should be played one way.

And by the way, the whole "no items FD" crap totally gave you away as someone who doesn't know squat about what he's talking about.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this quote is just overflowing with ignorance and idiocy.

Can't you play casually with your friends? You think we force you to play competitively? You act like you're some mindless trend follower, PLAY CASUALLY IF YOU WANT TO, no one cares, I hate when idiots like you just decide that game should be played one way.

And by the way, the whole "no items FD" crap totally gave you away as someone who doesn't know squat about what he's talking about.
True that. No matter what way you play the game, you should, never, ever, EVER enoforce your way to play. It's just selfish(and just not smart) if people leave you alone and you enforce something upon them. Do people playing this game competitively bother elitist casuals THAT much? I'm casual here, and I don't get why things like this happen. This isn't aimed at anyone, I'm just expressing my frustration on topic.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
True that. No matter what way you play the game, you should, never, ever, EVER enoforce your way to play. It's just selfish(and just not smart) if people leave you alone and you enforce something upon them. Do people playing this game competitively bother elitist casuals THAT much? I'm casual here, and I don't get why things like this happen. This isn't aimed at anyone, I'm just expressing my frustration on topic.
It's because of one thing and one thing only.

Noobs. Or, to explain the term, absolute jerks.

And there are two types of noobs.

Casual noobs = People who want to get better at the game yet are ignorant of the advice presented to them and who senselessly mock competitive players for literally nothing.

Elitist noobs = People who bash anyone who is casual, thinking that that all casual players are noobs, and who will say things like "FD is the only fair stage" and "you need wavedashing to win! L2P, ***s!". One thing I've noticed in these players is that no matter how good they may be (some of them are only pretending; others are tourney-level), they only play top tier characters because they are top tier.

What makes this war so heated is because casual and competitive people who aren't jerks get caught in the crossfire, when, like you, all they want to do is play how they want and have fun.

At least on this board, it isn't that bad. Ever been to GameFAQs? >>

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
It's because of one thing and one thing only.

Noobs. Or, to explain the term, absolute jerks.

And there are two types of noobs.

Casual noobs = People who want to get better at the game yet are ignorant of the advice presented to them and who senselessly mock competitive players for literally nothing.

Elitist noobs = People who bash anyone who is casual, thinking that that all casual players are noobs, and who will say things like "FD is the only fair stage" and "you need wavedashing to win! L2P, ***s!". One thing I've noticed in these players is that no matter how good they may be (some of them are only pretending; others are tourney-level), they only play top tier characters because they are top tier.

What makes this war so heated is because casual and competitive people who aren't jerks get caught in the crossfire, when, like you, all they want to do is play how they want and have fun.

At least on this board, it isn't that bad. Ever been to GameFAQs? >>
Thanks for pointing out who I should dislike! xD But seriously, can't we all just get togetha? I know when I first came here I got off on the wrong foot about competetive play, but now I kinda see their side of the story. So now I'm cool with it.

Banned via Administration
thats actually the OPPOSITE of what a noob is you ****ing ******. what you described is a pro or at least an amateur.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
I'm modifying what I said before, because I left out something (I really did; I'm not just saying this now). There is a third type of noob.

Pure noob. Somebody who just talks a lot of flaming crap under no discernible definition (as in, you can't tell if the person is casual or elitist) and invites nothing but destruction.

thats actually the OPPOSITE of what a noob is you ****ing ******. what you described is a pro or at least an amateur.
1. Completely wrong. I'll get to that in a short bit.

2. This, coming from the guy who said:

actually a scrub must EARN his right to post, which you have not.
To Takalth in his "Is Brawl Truly less technical?" topic.

5150, I'm going on record to say you are easily the biggest pure noob I have ever had the displeasure to reply to on this board. What makes you all the worse is that you have no opinion whatsoever. All you do is flame, so there's absolutely nothing to appreciate about you.

A "pro" is somebody who frequently plays in tournaments. Some pros are elitist noobs, some are not. Typically those who frequent tournaments are at least decent, but there are good players who do not play in tournaments. There are good players who are and are not elitist noobs.

An "amateur" is somebody who is by no realistic account good at the sport/game in question, but at least knows the basics and can actually play.

Thanks for pointing out who I should dislike! xD But seriously, can't we all just get togetha? I know when I first came here I got off on the wrong foot about competetive play, but now I kinda see their side of the story. So now I'm cool with it.
Y'know, I'm really glad I've come here, because in the past I've met some people...granted, they could whup me in Smash left, right and center, and they played like the best of 'em, but their attitudes just ticked me to no end, and I thought that after a while perhaps pros just don't give a **** or become so jaded to casual noobs that they turn into jerks themselves. But here, people are nice, and there are pros that aren't elitist jerks.

Top Bottom