• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai knows what he is doing

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Haha, "punch Nintendo"!
**** scraight!!!
add people based on your own skill level when you exchange codes in forums such as these.
Screw my own skill level, I'm going to be playing people better than I am to improve. I'll also play anyone who wants to play me too, so there will be much love and smash growth.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
**** scraight!!!
Screw my own skill level, I'm going to be playing people better than I am to improve. I'll also play anyone who wants to play me too, so there will be much love and smash growth.
Well yeah, I do want to play harder to people to help me get better, but it won't help me very much if I get owned in my first few matches...since it is a new game, it'll be easier for some of us to possibly learn some of the techniques, which some of the pros here resent very much. However, wouldn't it be nice to earn more competition? Also, there are still qualities these players have themselves that separate them from the casuals, so they'll probably still have an advantage over everyone else. By the way Mookie, remind me to play you. :p

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
By the way Mookie, remind me to play you.
LOLZ, my memory sucks yo! But I'll try to. Keep posting more awesome stuff back here and I'll remember you :-P.

I'm willing to play with just about anyone who wants to, and i'm willing to give feedback on helping them improve as well as general advice on learning how to play smarter and observe more. BRAWL IS GONSTA KICK ACE!

*Is in good mood cause he finished all of his projects for the semester.*

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
LOLZ, my memory sucks yo! But I'll try to. Keep posting more awesome stuff back here and I'll remember you :-P.

I'm willing to play with just about anyone who wants to, and i'm willing to give feedback on helping them improve as well as general advice on learning how to play smarter and observe more. BRAWL IS GONSTA KICK ACE!

*Is in good mood cause he finished all of his projects for the semester.*
Yes it will. My semester doesn't end until the 21.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hopefully the Wii2 will have decent online play.
I heard the name's going to be a play on the word "us."

Anyway, I seriously doubt Nintendo does much better than they are doing now. Friend Codes are going to last us all the way through online gaming for Nintendo.

One thing they can improve on, though, it SEPARATE friend codes/Wii Numbers. It honestly doesn't make sense.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai? Knowing what he's doing?

I'm sure that's what he wants us to believe. In retrospect, he's mind gaming all of us and will laugh at us once he rakes in all the cash.

:p

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai? Knowing what he's doing?

I'm sure that's what he wants us to believe. In retrospect, he's mind gaming all of us and will laugh at us once he rakes in all the cash.

:p

Yeah, right. Maybe Nintendo is putting pressure on Sakurai to put out a top seller, but that doesnt mean that Sakurai is only in it for the money. He wants to make the best game possible, at least from his perspective. It may not please everyone, but Im confident it will be the greatest Smash game to date.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree about the voice chat. Most of the people on 360 get annoying anyway, but I don't thinking having it would hurt. I would like the basic capability of adding a friend though. I hate how parents are so quick to blame companies these days for what happens to their kids, when it's their own responsibility to look out for their children. If your son meets a creepy guy online, then you obviously did a horrible job of teaching him about strangers. My parents get scared of me being on Facebook, as if I'm going to randomly give out my information to every pervert on the internet. Nintendo is basically playing the role of the overprotective parent to get along with the overprotective parents out there, while frustrating the children who need their freedom and ability to have fun. I'm not saying Brawl's online won't be fun, but Nintendo is just ruining its potential.
Yes, exactly. Voice chat will never happen due to people being stupid and cussing and being perverts, but easier access to adding friends and small things like that wouldn't kill. So thats all we can really hope for. Nintendo isn't doing TOO bad of a job. I mean, your still playing the game online, right? So thats pretty good. xD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Voice chat will never happen due to people being stupid and cussing and being perverts
I don't think that voice chatting shouldn't happen simply because of this issue. Honestly I think it's really dumb, considering there is NO way Nintendo could moderate this, and the PARENTS should actually step in at some point instead of making the companies get ***** in the *** for not holding everyones ****ing hand.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that voice chatting shouldn't happen simply because of this issue. Honestly I think it's really dumb, considering there is NO way Nintendo could moderate this, and the PARENTS should actually step in at some point instead of making the companies get ***** in the *** for not holding everyones ****ing hand.
Welcome to the New World. This is what **** near every government is doing, and they are - for better or worse - our models for parenting. So why should parents be any different?

For more info, look up "soft despotism".

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

Well, I'm basically just speaking for Nintendo. xD I wouldn't mind it, but I can't really see Nintendo ever allowing that. But yah, I think parents would be to blame, too. Same thing over the debate of M rated games and such. It shouldn't be the companies fault for the parents not being responsible.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
our models for parenting. So why should parents be any different?
I always thought our models for parenting were our parents' parents.

While I don't deny that "soft despotism" is occuring (OMFG IT IS SO MUCH, especially in the states) I think the problem is the trend of having other people handle our children and blaming everything else but themselves. Video games being a major proponent of their arguments.

I think that Wii's should have some parental lock feature on it that isn't incompetent and offer services like voice chat as long as their is a disclaimer of some sort. That way if the parents are too lazy to do anything about it then it wouldn't be Nintendo's fault.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I agree that parenting has become laxx and that everyone is quick to point the finger, in order to avoid the real situation, their own lack of discipline and monitoring. This is nintendo's way of compensating for that. While i agree that its not nintendo's fault and that there could have been better ways to fix the situation, however this isn't a problem that is easy to solve... Nintendo just did what they thought was right and would keep them from being sued(is that right?), personally i dont blame them . Im just glad we have any internet service at all really

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't talk with people on XBL. I couldn't care less what they have to say, but I do like talking with my friends who are at various colleges across the country though.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman

Ok everyone so heres an idea.
(and i certainly wish nintendo could do this..)

what if there were TWO servers for every wii game..

E servers, and T +servers.

E servers would disable ALL chat and messages sent to you, unless they're your friends.
prefferably for the kiddies.

T+ servers for Teen and and above.all functions activated.

in the beggining of using wii online, you are forced to sign a contract much like MPO,everytime you log on you must agree that YOU are responsible for anything you SEE or HEAR on this game.

that way, if the young one's mother or father walks in while he/she playing brawl and hears obscenity or disrespectful languange, the CHILD or parent is responsible for the young-un going on the server in the first place.

so hardcore gamers are pleased.
paranoid nintendo is pleased.
and were all happy because we have choice.

why cant THIS be the format of wii online?

and if that wasnt on topic:

SAKURAI MADE KIRBY.
sakurai=great game.

bet he could even REVIVE sonic from his failed 3-D esxcursions if he felt like it.

any questions?

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Ok everyone so heres an idea.
(and i certainly wish nintendo could do this..)

what if there were TWO servers for every wii game..

E servers, and T +servers.

E servers would disable ALL chat and messages sent to you, unless they're your friends.
prefferably for the kiddies.

T+ servers for Teen and and above.all functions activated.

in the beggining of using wii online, you are forced to sign a contract much like MPO,everytime you log on you must agree that YOU are responsible for anything you SEE or HEAR on this game.

that way, if the young one's mother or father walks in while he/she playing brawl and hears obscenity or disrespectful languange, the CHILD or parent is responsible for the young-un going on the server in the first place.

so hardcore gamers are pleased.
paranoid nintendo is pleased.
and were all happy because we have choice.

why cant THIS be the format of wii online?

and if that wasnt on topic:

SAKURAI MADE KIRBY.
sakurai=great game.

bet he could even REVIVE sonic from his failed 3-D esxcursions if he felt like it.

any questions?
Not bad. xD

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Woah, kinda getting off topic with the whole parents thing (not really, more of a digression).
Anyway, headset support would be nice, but if they did it there would be complaints from soccer moms world wide. In all seriousness, it's not a make or break feature. The whole thing (if it's implemented), should be friends only. The stuff on XBL can get downright ridiculous, and it can get very irritating when idiots are given the option to speak. However, completly restricting communication between players is not a welcome change. Which bridge does one take...? Well, for now we're forced into one bridge. Hoping we can get some shoots and ladders up in here, no? It's just wasted potential when a company's policies are meant to follow angry parents who are ever so ignorant about gaming instead of the hardcore. You know, THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PLAYING THE **** GAMES.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
Woah, kinda getting off topic with the whole parents thing (not really, more of a digression).
Anyway, headset support would be nice, but if they did it there would be complaints from soccer moms world wide. In all seriousness, it's not a make or break feature. The whole thing (if it's implemented), should be friends only. The stuff on XBL can get downright ridiculous, and it can get very irritating when idiots are given the option to speak. However, completly restricting communication between players is not a welcome change. Which bridge does one take...? Well, for now we're forced into one bridge. Hoping we can get some shoots and ladders up in here, no? It's just wasted potential when a company's policies are meant to follow angry parents who are ever so ignorant about gaming instead of the hardcore. You know, THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PLAYING THE **** GAMES.
I agree. I say why can't nintendo add some improvements to the online. I do understand the no voice chat thing, but how is a score board bad for kids. I say if they are worried about kids seeing or hearing things they shouldn't online then just make it so there isn't any way for them to hear it. Like blu-ninja said, make a kids mode and an everyone else mode.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
I know the updates have been going slow but this just means he wants 2 get the less important stuff outta the way 2 start focussing on just characters, I hope

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
I agree. I say why can't nintendo add some improvements to the online. I do understand the no voice chat thing, but how is a score board bad for kids. I say if they are worried about kids seeing or hearing things they shouldn't online then just make it so there isn't any way for them to hear it. Like blu-ninja said, make a kids mode and an everyone else mode.
I don't agree. a headset would be better for online play, cause only four quick taunts doesnt seem like enough. But the headset would only work with friends like PaperLink said. I personally like to talk to my friends when I play with them.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
If he didnt know what he was doing then he wouldnt make this game an dmelee would not have been good, therefore we would not care about the updates. We seem to take daily info about this great game for granted...

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
If he didnt know what he was doing then he wouldnt make this game an dmelee would not have been good, therefore we would not care about the updates. We seem to take daily info about this great game for granted...
we do. But he could make them better, you know... I think that he's made it a drug. It was great, then it got better when he gave us more of it, but now that we don't get as much of it we're not satisfied...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I dunno.

Some updates are pure awesomeness! (Ike and Pit's confirmation) (Stage Maker) (Sonic Confirmed)

Then there are those so-so updates...(Norfair) (Bowser's Final Smash) (Subspace Emissary)

And lastly, the updates that suck balls and make me wanna take my sniper rifle out and murder Sakurai while he slumbers! (How to Play) (Spicy Curry) (Release Date Delay) (New Pork City) & many many others that failed.

I have a love/hate relationship with Sakurai as of right now.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I dunno.

Some updates are pure awesomeness! (Ike and Pit's confirmation) (Stage Maker) (Sonic Confirmed)

Then there are those so-so updates...(Norfair) (Bowser's Final Smash) (Subspace Emissary)

And lastly, the updates that suck balls and make me wanna take my sniper rifle out and murder Sakurai while he slumbers! (How to Play) (Spicy Curry) (Release Date Delay) (New Pork City) & many many others that failed.

I have a love/hate relationship with Sakurai as of right now.
Lmao. I think everyone feels the same way about it.

But in the end, whenever the hell the game is going to come out, we'll all give him a big warm hug and forgive him of his past sins. xD

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I actually had a post a couple of pages back about online functionality. It seems these days that parents are blaming everything on the internet, when it's their fault for not paying attention to what their kids are doing.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
I agree, everyone should calm down and let sakurai do his job. If he didn't care about the smash communitity he wouldn't post updates everyday. And on the other hand if he didn't know how to make a good game, then he wouldn't have a smash communitity to post updates to.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
I agree, everyone should calm down and let sakurai do his job. If he didn't care about the smash communitity he wouldn't post updates everyday. And on the other hand if he didn't know how to make a good game, then he wouldn't have a smash communitity to post updates to.
That gets a big ol' YES! from C.Falcon himself :)

I actually had a post a couple of pages back about online functionality. It seems these days that parents are blaming everything on the internet, when it's their fault for not paying attention to what their kids are doing.
Duh! Who are they gonna blame? Themselves? They're too busy neglecting their children to do that.

Firebert

Smash Ace
True that. Let the man do what he wants to do. We don't want a Melee rehash, now do we?

DarkDeoxys26

Smash Apprentice
Mhm. I love how all the people think the updates are directed towards them. I doubt Sakurai gives a crap about you. He probably plans what he is going to update, and updates the site. And think about the "You Must Recover!" update; think of yourself as a newcomer to the SSB series, you wouldn't know crap about the game, and you wouldn't say crap about it either.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Mhm. I love how all the people think the updates are directed towards them. I doubt Sakurai gives a crap about you. He probably plans what he is going to update, and updates the site. And think about the "You Must Recover!" update; think of yourself as a newcomer to the SSB series, you wouldn't know crap about the game, and you wouldn't say crap about it either.
I love how people think you should love every update as if it's your first born child.

Get over yourself, people are going to dislike certain updates, just because you like kissing Sakurai's *** doesn't mean everyone likes to.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
im sry but even if i was new to the game i would complain about a You Must Recover update would you like to know why... example... omgz i pwneratd of teh edge what do i do?!! ... I know i'll just fall to my death... that makes sense. I'm pretty sure most people would figure out to do something to come back to the edge, and those who dont get a UFF, for U FUNKING FAIL

p.s. i never watched that video til i looked it up on youtube after hearing about it on hear, and i did ok, why because im a funking G

Top Bottom