• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethT

Smash Ace
fine, im busy tomoz, catching up with friends because I keep dogging them for smash meets/tournies.
Bring it, keen for a ranked match vs you and Ghost.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
He said that he didn't want to be on this PR.

Speaking of Nova, we were talking at his meet the other day and there will be a new rule in regards to the PR:

"For people who do not seek out matches against other people on the power rankings, I will ask the majority to find out who is avoiding matches, and they will automatically lose their spot against said player". - In roughly his own words.

Splice

Smash Hero
if Ghost and/or Grim being higher than Aces was a matter of benefit of the doubt...
Then why is Aces in a different tier altogether?

The skill gap implied by bottom of B tier and top of C tier
is bigger than the skill gap implied by top of B tier to bottom of B tier
naturally.

So using just benefit of the doubt and placing him a whole tier below Grim
seems a bit harsh :p

GJ DoMo

Ant1

Smash Ace
The panelists put me so low coz i don't give a flying **** about playng this game competitively. Still in the two tournaments i entered i came 4th and 1st

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
if Ghost and/or Grim being higher than Aces was a matter of benefit of the doubt...
Then why is Aces in a different tier altogether?

The skill gap implied by bottom of B tier and top of C tier
is bigger than the skill gap implied by top of B tier to bottom of B tier
naturally.

So using just benefit of the doubt and placing him a whole tier below Grim
seems a bit harsh :p

GJ DoMo
I originally put him as a tier below, and didn't change it after yesterday (which was possibly a mistake). Apollo then said that we won't be using a tier system, which I agreed with and didn't think of changing. There must have been a misunderstanding of some sort. The skill gap between A Tier and Aces is definitely small.

The panelists put me so low coz i don't give a flying **** about playng this game competitively. Still in the two tournaments i entered i came 4th and 1st
The panelists put you so low because in their opinion, when they played you your skills did not measure up to those of the other players.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Wtf i never agreed to this **** and i never agreed for grim to be on the panel. I demand this be taken down immediently and re discussed. Its so wrong btw wtf have you guys been smokin. Fkn pissed at you guys.
Also it doesnt count as it needs 3 panelits.

I would have put you higher as you definatly deserve it but these dheads never gave me a chance to vote.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
So much butthurt from everyone about a stupid PR list.

First, Jamage is right. Why didn't he get any say in this PR list? Considering he is a panalist and didn't vote, this PR list is null and void.

Second, I'm pretty sure Lespar has only attended last weeks Val and not any other tourney. At least in a while. Where did he place at Val, and imo shouldn't be placed in the PR until he enters more tournaments.

Just my two cents.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Lets look at the games i played v the panelists.

So i lost against apollo, its not like he 3 stocked me or anything (never been 3 stocked by anyone). Pretty sure i brang most of his characters to their last stock and i only had 2 hours sleep. Vs nova all i played was random **** characters like luigi and it was friendlies, i wans't playing to win.

Vs w150, hes just a tiny bit better than me all up.

thats enough jons from me

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Wtf i never agreed to this **** and i never agreed for grim to be on the panel.
2 against 1, Apollo and Nova both agreed for me to be on the panel.

I demand this be taken down immediently and re discussed. Its so wrong btw wtf have you guys been smokin. Fkn pissed at you guys.
Also it doesnt count as it needs 3 panelits.
There are 3 panelists, me, Nova and Apollo. I wasn't aware that you were still a part of the panel due to your inactivity (I think the other panelists have already spoken to you about this...?).

I would have put you higher as you definitely deserve it but these dheads never gave me a chance to vote.
We are confident that where we placed Ant was correct and have given our reasons. No need to rage over this and insult us, Jamie.

First, Jamage is right. Why didn't he get any say in this PR list? Considering he is a panalist and didn't vote, this PR list is null and void.
Already addressed above.

Second, I'm pretty sure Lespar has only attended last weeks Val and not any other tourney. At least in a while. Where did he place at Val, and imo shouldn't be placed in the PR until he enters more tournaments.

Just my two cents.
Lespar has attended 3 Valhalla tournaments and a large SG tournament, while 10th place is very much a place-holder position, we believe he is the "best of the others".

Vs nova all i played was random **** characters like luigi and it was friendlies, i wans't playing to win.
Nova is right next to me right now and he is saying that he almost 3-stocked your Snake with Sheik :). You DID get him down to one stock with Sonic, but you never got any of Nova's mains past two stocks. "Not playing to win" is not a valid excuse, allowances will not be made depending on your mood or lack of sleep.

Vs w150, hes just a tiny bit better than me all up.
Josh 2-stocked you at the last tournament with Olimar and beat you on your own counter-pick stage (which is a bad stage for Falco).

Ant1

Smash Ace
he 2 stocked me with oli after i suicided :( and he only beat with with falco because i didn't momentum cancel as a result of lack of sleep.

These jons are just a taste of what josh is in store for when he comes tomorrow.

i thought nova's main was sheik?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
he 2 stocked me with oli after i suicided :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOZA1YiZm0

Right, because you would've made a 2-stock comeback if you didn't decide to fair off-stage to your death on your last stock at 73%.

That is NOT what I'd consider a suicide.

and he only beat with with falco because i didn't momentum cancel as a result of lack of sleep.
Josh momentum cancelled in that match 3 times, deal with it. It's your fault for not momentum cancelling, it's a pretty basic skill lol.

i thought nova's main was sheik?
No, it's not. :/

Nova isnt on the panel anymore. So only 2 voted hence this being null and void.
Nova being banned currently doesn't mean he isn't on the panel, it isn't a permanent ban.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
What tourneys are you basing DoMos position on?

I checked past results, and he never placed in 11.01 or 11.02. So can someone post the results of last months SG? Cause it seems stupid pushing him up past most of those people on results from Val and maybe last months SG.

Also that seems like a stab in the back to Jamage. Since i'm assuming there was no notice of the panelist change. You could of at least warned him of inactivity. If not then sorry for assuming wrong.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Grim: So even now you dont see fit to move Aces into the same tier as you, even though he's only lower than you due to "benefit of the doubt" ? ... well huh...

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
What tourneys are you basing DoMos position on?

I checked past results, and he never placed in 11.01 or 11.02. So can someone post the results of last months SG? Cause it seems stupid pushing him up past most of those people on results from Val and maybe last months SG.

Also that seems like a stab in the back to Jamage. Since i'm assuming there was no notice of the panelist change. You could of at least warned him of inactivity. If not then sorry for assuming wrong.
Valhalla means 20x as much as StreetGeek as it has money prizes.

As I mentioned before to Aces, the skill level of the SA scene's key players hs fluctuated A LOT recently, so this PR was hardly based off of "past tournaments" except in the most obvious of cases (such as Apollo). Everyone was ranked basically from the recent Valhalla, ACL and smash meets.

Jamage was warned about inactivity. Though I can't comment on the matter very much, it's more of something to take up with Apollo/Nova.

@Grim: So even now you dont see fit to move Aces into the same tier as you, even though he's only lower than you due to "benefit of the doubt" ? ... well huh...
What gives you that idea? I'll talk to Apollo and Nova about revoking the "tiers", as they were only used due to a misunderstanding as far as I can tell.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Nova isnt actually part of the group and never voted so its still null and void.

Cash and game prizes make no difference and anyone who thinks so is a fool.
Valhalla and Streetgeek hold the same weight.

Warned about inactivity? More like everyone likes to go behind my back and doesnt say anything to me rather than trying to contact me about it.

I put my vote in and id like it to be at least considered.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming you believe having cash prizes is going to temp EVERYONE into playing better than they do in SG? I'm pretty sure that SG is just as competitive as Val.

And LOL, DoMo does not deserve 4th after doing well in ONE tourney. Considering most of the people in the PR weren't even there.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nova isnt actually part of the group and never voted so its still null and void.
This is a blatant lie.

Nova, Apollo and I have discussed this thoroughly for at least a month and have all agreed to it.

Cash and game prizes make no difference and anyone who thinks so is a fool.
Valhalla and Streetgeek hold the same weight.
Higher cash prize usually means a larger tournament, which also usually makes them harder. Valhalla has higher prizes than SG, unless SG has suddenly started giving away $50+ prizes on a regular basis for Brawl 1v1 and I didn't notice...?

Ghostbone, W150, Nova and myself are all in agreement right now that we put much more effort into Valhalla due to SG's more relaxed and casual environment.

Warned about inactivity? More like everyone likes to go behind my back and doesnt say anything to me rather than trying to contact me about it.
Nova is talking to you about this on MSN right now, so I won't bother responding.

Ant1

Smash Ace
oh i forgot about valhalla tournies that makes more sense.
i always thought number of entrants and not money awarded determined the weight of a tournament.

if ur gonna weigh valhalla tournies so highly then my position is justified, i am never going to one of those, way too far for my liking/had bad experience on trains. Reloaded is the only thing i'll go to

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
This is a blatant lie.

Nova, Apollo and I have discussed this thoroughly for at least a month and have all agreed to it.
Well it seemed that way since Nova inst a member of the pr group and it was only you and Apollo that were discussing.

Higher cash prize usually means a larger tournament, which also usually makes them harder. Valhalla has higher prizes than SG, unless SG has suddenly started giving away $50+ prizes on a regular basis for Brawl 1v1 and I didn't notice...?
Brawl 1v1 has a new Wii/360 game usually valued between $10- $50 and if a few people turn up specificly for melee a game for that also and thats every month.

Nova is talking to you about this on MSN right now, so I won't bother responding.
And it still seems like you went behind my back and made no effort to try and contact me about it. Apparently the post was purged before I got a chance to see it even though I checked the pr group weekly.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, whoever didnt learn from the stage thread, and instead decided to give grim some sort of power and authority... well, you can see the result.

Imo (and you'd be stupid to ignore this really) you guys should add shaya onto your panel for a little while, because he's the one that brought power rankings to australia, and he learnt it from the guys who do it best in america.

what you guys have, is **** rankings, and your all arguing, that shouldnt be happening after the pr is done and up.
so add him on, let him join in your discussion and you will learn heaps and be much better.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well it seemed that way since Nova inst a member of the pr group and it was only you and Apollo that were discussing.
Nova's banned lol.

Brawl 1v1 has a new Wii/360 game usually valued between $10- $50 and if a few people turn up specificly for melee a game for that also and thats every month.
Nova has won... 4 SGs? He's telling me right now that he has only won crappy $2 games and a can of Pepsi at one point. :/ I'd like to hear what Apollo has won.

And it still seems like you went behind my back and made no effort to try and contact me about it. Apparently the post was purged before I got a chance to see it even though I checked the pr group weekly.
No comment.

lol, whoever didnt learn from the stage thread, and instead decided to give grim some sort of power and authority... well, you can see the result.

Imo (and you'd be stupid to ignore this really) you guys should add shaya onto your panel for a little while, because he's the one that brought power rankings to australia, and he learnt it from the guys who do it best in america.

what you guys have, is **** rankings, and your all arguing, that shouldnt be happening after the pr is done and up.
so add him on, let him join in your discussion and you will learn heaps and be much better.
Look, you don't really know anything about the situation. The majority of the decent SA scene are in agreement over this, and our last list where I wasn't a panelist was met with similar arguments.

It's just the result of having lots of players who are quite even in skill and a new up-and-coming player like DoMo being ranked. There were bound to be disagreements.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
actually I do know the situation, considering that its here for all to see.
also I was also in america with shaya and learnt the art from the best, and was a founding member of the first pr in aus.
This may come as a big shock to you, but other people actually know what they're talking about.
like me, yippe.

zApollo

Smash Ace
actually I do know the situation, considering that its here for all to see.
also I was also in america with shaya and learnt the art from the best, and was a founding member of the first pr in aus.
This may come as a big shock to you, but other people actually know what they're talking about.
like me, yippe.
Then would you care to share with us your tricks of the trade other than just stating the obvious?
This isn't really meant to be a game.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I gave you the best trick of all, which would be to put shaya on your panel and let him show you the ropes and guide you through it so that you really get what its all about.
I think he could do that better then me.

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
Gears i don't understand why you are attacking me, do you believe you should be 10th or something? You lose to everyone at smash meets, we 3 stock you at tournaments... you don't show signs of improving - Lespar is actually decent and is much better.

I've been in 2 tournaments since i've entered the scene and a lot of smash meets, i came 5th in 11.03 SG and 3rd Valhalla, and my results at each meet improve greatly.

But if you guys are going to split our scene over a PR (which is changed like every month and a bit) then so be it lol

edit*
By the way Ant, if you don't 'give a ****' about this game, as it's obvious due to your ****ty and unwanted attitude - why are you making such a fuss and whining about this PR then? You're clearly contradicting yourself and should make up your mind lol, if you don't care you wouldn't be posting like you have been. zzz

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
my ****ty and unwanted attitude?!? wtf are u on about.
You can't see it?

Apollo won a Wii Wheel once.

ITT: People butthurt because they're not good enough at the game.

Adding another PR Panelist won't help if each member of the smash community truly believes they should be top of the PR. ololol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's dumb.

The difference between Nova and everyone else is like this picture of this woman with uneve-

nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom